Chipotle Interview Questions in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

2.7

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Food Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO).

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an email shortly after about setting up an interview. The first interview involved video recording myself answering then submitting interview questions - no actual interaction with anyone at the company. This was pretty straightforward and gave the opportunity to "retry" my answer one time before submitting in case there was an issue with recording or I simply wanted to answer differently.

I received an email about a week later to set up a Skype interview with 3 people on the team. This was a very relaxed interview, no intensive personal or technical questions but rather a chance to interact, go over the job, and verify that I would be a good fit for the company.

I received a call about a week later with an offer. However, the salary was low - lower than any internship I've had in the past - with no housing or relocation assistance (which I get; that shouldn't necessarily be expected) and in downtown Denver which has a high cost of living. Additionally, they wanted me to start on a date earlier than I would likely be able to. I tried to negotiate salary and start date, and they immediately retracted my offer. I've never even heard of a company condemning negotiation so much that they'd pull your offer rather than simply say "No, we are firm with salary and start date" and allow the applicant to either adjust to it or decline the offer. It seemed very strange to me.

Overall the interview process was fairly easy and the company is looking for someone who is upbeat, capable, and a team player. If you can check those boxes your future there is bright, as long as you're willing to settle with whatever they offer you I suppose.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online with my resume and received a call back a at or two later. Person was very polite and professional. Showed up alittle early and was given a free drink while I waited. Who I presume was the manager was very nice and relieved the sense of nervousness that I had. It was very laid back but professional. The interviewer was friendly and answered all my questions. I hope I get a job here because it looks like a very nice place to work. I was not offered a position yet but hopefully will get one after 2nd and 3rd interview. Wish me Luck!

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was interviewed by the entire team I would be joining- 3 people. It was very relaxed but thorough and they were most interested in a culture fit instead of a skills fit. Which is great until they don't foster your skills and talent and instead expect you to stay in your entry level position without growing or wanting more.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for Chipotle   1 Answer

Local Store Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview process was very good. I submitted my resume and had an interview the following week. I was given clear instructions on how the review process would work and the teams were buttoned-up and professional. I felt confident that I was joining the right team and embraced the company culture immediately.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you could expand and grow the brand. What is your 30-60-90 day plan?   Answer Question

Lease Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Manager had no interest in my skills but rather if I would play along with his popularity contest. I needed a well paying job and loved the values that Chipotle represents so I played along but was barely able to get a word in edgewise about my experience. Looking back it should have been a huge red flag that he never asked me one single question about my relevant experience, what a joke!

Interview Questions

• He didn't ask any questions but rather complain about the employees he wanted to get rid of.   1 Answer

Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO).

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter a couple days after I applied. The email had a link to a website called Hirevue where I had to record myself answering several questions which was kind of bizarre. I applied for an entry level role and the questions weren't tailored toward college students whatsoever. They asked why I was looking for a new job, how I helped my prior company save money etc.Terrible questions and an overall bizarre format.

Leadership Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, recieved a email about two months later to do a HireVue interview. You must constatnly check your application status because it will change if you are moved forward in the interview process. After the Hirevue Interview I was contacted by a Recruiter to do a phone interview. Very simple questions and very laid back. After that I was moved on to a memeber of the team. She was very nice and explained the job a little more and expressed to me that they are more interested in fit than qualifacations. Then I had two more phone interviews. I was told that I'd be meeting some of the team pretty soon I continued to check my application status online and it said "interviews" one would assume that you would be moved forward in the process. About three weeks later I had followed up with the last person I spoke to regarding the time for the next interview. Iwas then replied to by the first person I spoke with saying that there was a "miscommunication" and I should havent been moved forward in the process after her. A tad bit unprofessional and misleading. Besides the snafu's it was a pretty easy process.

Senior Restaurant FF&E Buyer‏ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

The initial "recorded interview" is quite awkward as you are watching yourself speak. In person interview is a very casual environment, however, the interviewers were so cold and honestly rude. One of my interviewers would cut me off, interrupt me, and not let me finish answering the question. As I walked out of there I could feel it in the air that this was not the corporate environment they say it is and I certainly would not accept an offer from them.

Interview Questions

• If you were to open a new store and were choosing between locations of a downtown central location or a location located just outside of downtown with cheaper rent. How would you make that decision and what would be your determining factors?   Answer Question

HRIT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter within a few days of my application. He asked a lot of questions about culture, teamwork, etc. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and two other senior leaders. They asked about my implementation experience, change management, and culture fit. I then met the team for two one-hour interviews via Skype/conference call (I live in a different state). They focused on my technical abilities and culture fit. It is very apparent that the team is tight nit and enjoys working together. I was invited in for an in-person interview, however the process was taking a long time and my husband already had an offer in another city (we were looking in three cities at the time) and we decided to pursue that route. Overall, they are a great company with great values.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a situation where multiple leaders in different countries all want Workday configuration to go in a different direction?   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through Chipotle's website for a social media customer service position. A few days later I was sent an email with a link to online interview platform called HireVue. The interview begins with short video from the hiring manager talking a little bit about the position. Next you are asked 5 questions and are given about 2 minutes each to answer them. You are not talking to a live person, but to your own reflection. Additionally I expected the questions to be more about the company, but they were very position-specific. After submitting by interview, I was informed a couple weeks later that I was not selected to move forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a successful social media campaign you completed in the past?   Answer Question