Chipotle General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chipotle General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Very Misleading in many ways. Do not fall for them advertising for a General Manager role as from what I gather, they want everyone to start as a staff member and then move up. I am sorry that is misleading, and a complete waste of most professionals time. I have been in Management for more than 25 years and have very good references and a very solid background. When they called, they wanted to do a quick recruiter interview, followed up by a Skype interview and in the interview, they explained, everyone starts out at about $8.50 an hour.

I ended the interview, I was upset with the process, so please do not mislead people with false job impressions. DONT WASTE PEOPLES TIME

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle in November 2015.

Interview

Total waste of my time. Had 5 interviews, one video one, 2 phone 2 in person. Was told there would be another!! I dont think they are really looking for outside managers. The store I applied for was just trying to pull from my location, not really looking for a GM. Drove all over the place for the in person interviews, including a downtown city that I paid $15 to park to interview with a guy in jeans and a dirty tshirt. Went home that night and decided I didn't want to continue the process. They jerk you around. The big "goal" is to make your location great THEN you get to take on a second store and run it too! If you are a restaurant manager or have several years of experience, dont waste your time. If you are educated, they don't want you either. There is a reason they move people up from starting at the bottom, an $8 worker is gonna do whatever they can to make more. Even run 2 stores for the price of 1 and give it a fancy name to give you the warm fuzzy fancy feeling. If you have a current job, dont waste your vacation time.

Interview Questions

• The same questions over and over. Tell me, why chipotle? What do you know about Chipotle? Tell me about an employee that you helped grow (yes, 5 times for all these)   Answer Question

I like my current job, not in food service but I'm good at it and it pays okay. I just miss being a manager. It is what my degree is in and I'm very good at it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chipotle (Cleveland, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

First applied as a multi-unit manager, but was referred to become a general manager. Did one phone interview with the company, referred to a local restaurateur. After passing through the second interview, I was into the final interview on location with the general manager and multi-unit manager. Felt that I was qualified for the position and had interviewed well, however, the other candidate was chosen.

Only downside of it all was the time period. Seemed to take over a month and a half to complete the process and took over three weeks to get a response of whether I was going to be hired on. The whole process can be mentally exhausting to go through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very hard had five interviews. This don't make sense they had me to do the video interview. OK great past that then two weeks later HR interview on the phone, ok passed that. Then two weeks later interview with recruiter ok great past that. Now interview with area manager three weeks later, now I'm thinking this is it OK great past that. Now she tells me she will let me know in a week after she talk to recuriter. She calls me we need u to go to job fair down town, I'm like really but ok I went. Paid 31.00 to park I figure it's a investment. Now it takes this one person to determine I didn't have the 13 characteristics, really. The other four seem to think so. Luckily I was hired by another company a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Little Rock, AR) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and quickly recieved a reply with a link to an online interview. Very simple, basic question. You have 2 minutes to answer each question but 30 seconds before to consider your response. No do overs! Would have preferred an actual in person interview.

Interview Questions

• List in order the most important thing:

Customers, sales, employees
      1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Four interviews and working the AGM position for over a year to "prove" that you can do the job. Very difficult interview overall. More of acting the position of GM first and then going over how you were going to become an RT or turn the store around. Lots of pressure on performance.

Interview Questions

• At a different restaurant than your home restaurant; spend 30 minutes observing and then diagnose why the restaurant is not yet restauranteur.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiation allowed; college degree was more of a disadvantage (superiors felt intimidated?) than an advantage, which was disappointing.

General Manager Interview

Interview

I went online to apply for the job. I got a call from HR to schedule an interview. The process is pretty quick. The first one was a phone interview and a few days later, I got a phone call for a face-to-face interview.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I had four interviews consisting of a video interview, phone Interview and 2 face to face interviews with different area managers. In the end I was not offered a position. I am fine with Chipotle's decision to not proceed with the hiring process, but I think that after going through four interviews an email explaining their decision would have been appropriate. I had to check my status online in order to get an update and still didn't receive a response after I emailed the recruiter asking for feedback as to what I could have done better. During the recruiting process Chipotle praised themselves as being very 'laid back'. I think after looking at the situation as a whole some of that transcends to unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions

• Do you include members of your team in daily decisions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2014.

Interview

Had 4 interviews before they extended me the offer. The character who was going to be my future area manager was unwarrantably obnoxious and more interested in hitting on the female HR recruiter then talking to me about the job. They ask a bunch of questions related to people so be prepared. They didn't seem too interested in my past experience or education. Overall, it was a very easy interview and if you pass they invite you to the final stage of the process which they call an in store experience. Just show up on time and ask the crew lots of questions and you should be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Richmond, VA).

Interview

I had 3 interviews. Video, phone, in person. All communication was done through email. In person interview was with 3 people in a relaxed setting. I prepared very well for these interviews and did quite well. However, none of my preparation and qualifications mattered. Nor did it matter how I answered. Chipotle isn't looking for the best candidate to lead one of their restaurants. They're looking for someone that's young, hip, and cool. This is the reason for their high turn over rate. They have no leadership in their resturaunts.

Interview Questions

• None, but I'm also a hiring manager so I was prepared.   1 Answer