Chipotle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,081 Interview Reviews

2.3

1,081 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

It was a group interview, and everyone got a chance to answer each question. They told us to keep coming back to meet the other managers even though he selected none of us today. I think the group interview process added tension.

Interview Questions

• How would people describe you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Altamonte Springs, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was scheduled to go to a job fair on one day where the weather was awful, I had an umbrella and got wet from the parking spot to the restaurant, yet was there on time. When I got there the manager said he wasn't going to be able to interview me because it was a busy day and he was the only manager there so I had to come by the day after, that experience wasn't pleasant but the manager and crew members made sure to make me feel great, I had to wait for a taxi and in the meantime they would ask me if I wanted anything to drink or some chips. Next day I got there before the scheduled time and he (the service manager from the day before) started to interview me and another girl. So far it's the best interview I've been to, he was so friendly, he wanted to make us feel like family, he gave us a tour through the kitchen, explained everything clear and got us to meet the team. I was hopeful I could get the job, but I received an e-mail telling me they considered somebody else. I guess they hired the other girl which had plenty of experience (I have none ) because she did good as well in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why Chipotle?
      What was the hardest thing you had to face in your last volunteer position?
      How would your friends describe you?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Gainesville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Got an interview within a day of sending my application. Had interview at 10 AM, general manager seemed uninterested and rushed. Interviewed with two other candidates for the position. Just basic questions like availability, experience, why do you want to work here, etc. Didn't get the job, let me know within 48 hours after interview.

Chipotle Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Richardson, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

You walk in and tell them you are here for an interview. They offer a cup for you to drink. The interview is at the tables where people eat. You will be interviewed by the team leader, not the manager.

Chipotle Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Applied online and then got called in to do an interview a few days later. Was a one on one interview with the manager. He asked me a couple basic questions. Then told me he still had other interviews to do. Didn't end up getting the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online to a chipotle near my house in California and got an email to meet for an interview shortly after. When I went, it was a group interview with 2 other applicants and 4 employees. One was the manager and 3 other crew members. They all took turns asking questions and we each answered them in a rotation. Overall they were very outgoing and asked good questions and even joked around a little. It was pretty laid back. At the end they said we will get an email in the next day saying if we were accepted or rejected. Unfortunately later that day I was emailed saying i didn't get the job maybe due to the fact i was younger than everyone in the interview and i was a little nervous. Besides that it was a positive experience and gained knowledge for future interviews.

Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

I walked into Chipotle, and 2 managers interviewed me. They were courteous, easygoing and didn't pry into my personal life. Once the interview ended, I ordered food, and the managers served me just like any other customer. I walked out of there with a good impression on the company.

Interview Questions

• Did you specifically choose to apply to Chipotle, or were you just looking to apply at any fast food company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jensen Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Jensen Beach, FL).

Interview

I placed an application online, I received an invitation for an interview via email, I went to the interview. It appeared they were having one interviewee after the other with fifteen minute increments or so. Very Casual atmosphere. I thought it was rude for the interviewers to be eating and not offer any food to the interviewees. It was a morning interview and they were eating beans and rice and meat, etc. I realize it's a new generation of interviewers. However, potential employees probably are also customers of the establishment. At the very least it would be polite to offer the job candidates some chips and Salsa, especially , if the interviewers are going to be stuffing their faces in front of the candidates and talking with their mouth's full. I Was told I would receive a rejection or an offer within 24 hours, that never happened. I got the feeling they would probably hire friends and already knew who they were intending to hire and interviewing other people was just a formality. Don't go hungry to the interview.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I interviewed at Chipotle (Rocklin, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied to Chipotle in Rocklin, CA (5194 commons drive) on 4/1/17, a few hours later I received an e-mail for an interview at 10am on 4/3/17. The day of the interview I showed up at 9:50am, waited until 10:15am and no one had shown up yet. I tried to go inside but both doors were locked, and there was no one inside that I could see. Next, I called the store number and there was no answer. I waited until 10:30am just to make sure no one was showing up. Then I went home. In the e-mail they left a link for me to e-mail them back at if I had any questions, so when I arrived home from the "interview" I emailed them and now it is 4/4/17 and STILL NO REPLY! How unprofessional and what a WASTE of my time. I can honestly say I have never had this happen to me before. I would think twice about applying for this job because management can't even show up for an interview... it's pathetic really.

Interview Questions

• There were none, since the manager couldn't even show up for the interview...   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chipotle (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

First off this process was an absolute joke. I have been interviewed by this company at multiple locations by different managers in Fort Worth. It is all the same these people send you email and text reminders and when you arrive the only thing that was serious about it was the database query that emailed you. They act like you're an idiot and usually make said attempts to pretend they have it all together. However, at least two of these were just pathetic displaying no interest in wanting to hire anyone. This most recent was a no show by a manager who contacted me and scheduled the interview. Instead, I received a lovely second crew interview which basically is like a panel of three employees who have no clue about anything always asking the same stupid question. Why Chipotle? Do not waste your time with these people no wonder there company is in the hole.