Chipotle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

2,435 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Toledo, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

They take a good look at how you see yourself as a person and how you would contribute positively to the team. It is best to do a little research on the company before your interview to be prepared for questions such as "What do you know about Chipotle?"

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you in one word?   4 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Prescott, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Prescott, AZ).

Interview

Sat down with the GM after a pretty long wait, they were interviewing two other people. Asked pretty basic questions, some about the background of their. Kept a smile on my face and positive energy throughout the process & they hired me on the spot.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call few day later confirm that there will be an interview the next day and it was a group interview. They ask questions around each other. There was 5 people in the group interview. The manager was very talkative. She was looking for people in the group who are outgoing and talk more basically out going. Got an email that day say that I didn't get the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holland, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Holland, MI).

Interview

Very laid back and easy questions. The manager greeted me and they gave me a free meal after the interview. The questions were mainly about why you chose Chipotle and how you would describe yourself. Mostly personality type questions, not really skill related ones

Interview Questions

• If you were to be one ice cream flavor, which ice cream flavor would you be and why?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Interview

I went on several interviews and had no call backs. It was difficult to know what the employers wanted, since I applied for different locations. Also the interviews were very short maybe ten minutes or less. So they clearly couldnt get to know me.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Two days after applying online, I got an email telling me an interview date/time. I had a one-on-one interview with the GM. Afterwards, she asked me to come in again the next day to interview with the hiring manager. They appreciated short and sweet answers over longer replies. Being very friendly/positive and knowing about Chipotle's background also helped a lot. I was hired immediately after my second interview was finished

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

It was a group interview, the manager was running late for about thirty minutes. He went around and asked each of us about five questions. He then talked about himself for the rest of the time.. seemed really unprofessional. The interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Valley Stream, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was easy and really casual, the manager was super nice and asked questions that were pretty standard. My advice would be to know their history and the 13 pillars because it'll show them that you have an interest in the company and you're willing to put in the effort to show that.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Irvine, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online late one afternoon and by late morning the next day, they contacted me for an interview. Everything was pretty laid back for the most part, nothing too intense; pretty easy.

Crew Member Interview

Interview

It was a very easy process the question were simple questions, about what you would expect from an interview and the GM seemed very kind. I would definitely recommend applying.

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Fresno, CA).

Interview

I applied for a crew member position about a week before the interview. I made sure to memorize the 13 characteristics the founder, Steve, looks for in employees and memorized them. I also read up on their Foundation, their goals, and everything that makes them Chipotle. All in all, I was very prepared for whatever might come my way. When I walked into chipotle for my interview I made sure to say hi to everyone behind the counter, which was only two people as they were prepping for the day before they opened. I was the first interviewee there, but the rest followed shortly. The door was locked so I opened it for the others as they walked in too. I made sure to be friendly to them and start up conversations with each applicant. Chipotle wants people who are friendly and have excellent interpersonal skills, and I showed this during the "pre-interview" portion of it. Keep in mind that they watch you while you wait! As each of us got pulled aside for a personal interview, I noticed that the two before me walked out right after theirs. During mine he was impressed with my answers and said that he would like me to meet his crew. So I met each person working that morning and they asked me their own questions. I made sure to mention that I liked how they keep things fresh and organic, pick local farms and support them, and the animals the food comes from are treated well as well. I worked in the 13 characteristics, and made sure to smile and laugh. I had a pretty great time getting to talk to all of them. Afterwards the manager pulled me aside and offered me the job. I've worked there for a month and a half now and absolutely loved my time there! The crew was friendly and they really treat their employees well. It's a great place!