Chipotle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

2,176 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Toledo, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

They take a good look at how you see yourself as a person and how you would contribute positively to the team. It is best to do a little research on the company before your interview to be prepared for questions such as "What do you know about Chipotle?"

Interview Questions

• How would your friends describe you in one word?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online to a chipotle near my house in California and got an email to meet for an interview shortly after. When I went, it was a group interview with 2 other applicants and 4 employees. One was the manager and 3 other crew members. They all took turns asking questions and we each answered them in a rotation. Overall they were very outgoing and asked good questions and even joked around a little. It was pretty laid back. At the end they said we will get an email in the next day saying if we were accepted or rejected. Unfortunately later that day I was emailed saying i didn't get the job maybe due to the fact i was younger than everyone in the interview and i was a little nervous. Besides that it was a positive experience and gained knowledge for future interviews.

Field Recruiting Strategist - Southern CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

After applying, I got an email probably in less than a week to sign up for a video interview (where you are prompted questions and have to record yourself answering those questions -2mins tops with 2 chances to record your best answer). They ask you pretty basic questions (Why Chipotle, why this role, etc.) Once you complete that, they send your video to the hiring managers. I managed to pass that part of the process (and I'll admit my videos were probably bad because I did have some technical difficulties, but hey, I made it!). If accepted, you get a call from one of their recruiters to do a basic phone screen and they tell you more about the role and see if you're okay with the travel requirements and able to handle the responsibilities. Once that is determined, you are scheduled an in-person interview. I actually met with the person I would have been replacing. He asked me basic questions, probed my resume and asked me about things directly off of it, as well as asked some technical questions of recruiting. Overall, nothing too hard or difficult to answer. I made a great impression that he even said he could see me in the role. And this is where it went South because after he said that it gave me a false sense of hope as he said he would call me later that day to schedule me to come back to meet with his bosses the following day. Again, you can imagine my excitement in hearing all of this on the spot. BUT, it never happened. He called me the following day to tell me that the interviews were cancelled that day because one of the hiring managers had an accident and they were postponing till the following week. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad about that and I actually said to the recruiter I met with that I hope they're okay. What I am mad about was that he said they would reach out on Sunday to schedule that 2nd interview, but instead I got a call on Friday telling me they hired someone on the spot that day.... As someone who has been a Recruiter, I was caught by surprise that this happened after all the conversations of moving me on to the next round and that all the interviews were done the following week for 2nd rounds.... I had nothing but good things to say about the process and the recruiters until this point... Rating this a neutral because everything else was fine, I just wished the candidate care was there and that the recruiter didn't lead me on as if there was chance..

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

A manager will make the first introduction and ask a few questions, a second manager will ask additional questions, finally during one shift the employees will continue the questions to get to know the character and work ethic of prospective job seeker. 13 characteristics are important to the decision of if the person is right for Chipotle.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Chipotle?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Interview

Go in for three interviews if you passed the first interview you get sent to the second to pass out when you get sent to the third in a few pounds that one you get a piece of paper saying I'm boarding new hire which means you have got the job

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked why chipotle? That was the only question that all the videos i watched said they would ask, and they did. I think i was overly prepared.

I memorized the founders name: Steve Ells
    It was founded in 93
    I found out he was classically trained to be a chef. Just way more info than i needed to know.

We were told (two people) that we would be e-mailed if we qualified for a second interview. It was quick and i Honestly don't know where i stand as far as getting a call back.

A lot of the interviewed people said, "if they want to e-mail you, you didn't get the job". So...idk.

Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed in Springfield, VA. It was brief and laid-back. I interviewed with the store manager, kitchen manager, and crew team member. It was about 20 minutes long and they seemed to really be interested in getting to know me and my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about chipotle?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty laid back I was interviewed by a GM then went into the kitchen and was asked a question by each of the crew. Was told to have a seat in the lobby and I will know if I'm hired before I leave

Interview Questions

• One question that surprised me was if I were a disney princess which one would I be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Murrieta, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and with in the next couple of days I received an email with a date and time to come on for an interview. I went in for my interview, answered questions and the manager said she was going to have another manager call me to come in a different time to meet the crew. She said that I was going to meet the crew because the crew were actually the people who decided if I was going to be hired. So I got a call to come in again for the second interview. I went in and was waiting for about 10 minutes until the manager that had interviewed me came up and said oh the managers aren't in today. And she asked me to come back tomorrow. I said that was fine and left. But coming back the next day there was a new manager and I basically had to interview all over again. But the new manger was texting the old and came to the conclusion that I was going to be hired. The new manager brought me into the back of the store and introduced me to the crew. They asked me questions and were started to have a conversation. I got hired and then I got free food right away!

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Towson, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I came in, sat down and was quickly greeted and asked to sit at another table with one other person to begin the interview. It went smoothly and was actually rather interesting. The same day I was asked to come in 3 days later for my second interview and was offered the job right away.

Manager Interview

Interview

Multi-step process; kept me waiting nearly 2 hours for the last interview without an apology. They have you meet with numerous levels of management during the process. The process was very long and drawn out over the course of a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do I think it is important for the staff to conduct the interviews instead of the management?   Answer Question