Chipotle Cashier/Crew Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chipotle Cashier/Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Gilbert, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Very laid back, more like a conversation. Study the 13 characteristics before you go, even though they can't be learned, you either have them or you don't!

You'll meet crew members...ask questions! They are there to help you feel good about what your interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Chipotle?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I explained my schedule limitations, it did not prevent me from being offered a position.

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Sunrise, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and a couple days later got an email to come and do an interview. Once I got there I told a member that I was there for an interview. There was like 2 other people there for an interview too. The two before me went before me together and I went alone. I was pretty nervous cause it was my first interview ever. It was two people interviewing me and they didn't really know what to ask me so I thought that these weren't the managers. But after an 10min interview they said they would notify me in 24hrs and they haven't so I'm most likely going to call them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I went in store to ask about employment. The lady said to come in the following Monday for an interview. I go in and I wait for 20 min to be interviewed which was a little frustrating. She just asked me to tell her about myself and write down my availability. She said I'd receive a call later that night or the next day for a 2nd interview. I never received a call so I wait until Friday to call them only for them to say that they cant offer me the position...without even a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Lakewood, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy interview thought it was with a group so that made it even more nerve wracking. Asked basic interview questions but also asked one that every Chipotle interview has to ask, "If you were a fruit, what would you be and why?"

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle in April 2016.

Interview

When I first got there I had to wait at least 10-15 minutes for the manager to come out. He gave the interview in the middle of the restaurant with people sitting at the table next to us. He was very creepy but understanding of that it was my first interview. He told me that whatever position you apply for, you have to train for every other one (cashier, food prep, cook). I was very nervous and was blanking about the questions. So he just said goodbye, I got an email about an hour later saying I didn't get the job.

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle in October 2015.

Interview

Good initial interview, 2 total interviews, 1st interview was with hiring manager, overall manger, and grill head. It was smooth, reasonably timed (maybe 20 minutes) and not pressured. The second interview was with two crew members, it was good as well. The negatives come into play when it comes communication and time wasted. I constantly had to follow up, even to get the first interview, they never called or emailed even when they said they would. Though I had came to 2 interviews and received all positive feedback and was told they'd love to have me on board from each, I was told the job had been filled the last time I followed up. I felt my time was wasted and I was disappointed because not only was I the only party following up, but often times when I did, the hiring manager was seldomly available and it didn't seem like he really even reviewed my application. All in all, the interviews were good, but communication was terrible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Homewood, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Homewood, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I was given an interview time via email with a 24 hour turn around. The email stated that if I could not make it then to email back. I did so and the next email I received stated that they could not offer me a job. Now this really threw me through a loop. What kind of process is that, it wasn't even a good 24 hour notice. I thought that was really unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Sunrise, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Well my interview was set for 4:45. I got there an hour early. I waited for at least 2 hours before I was actually interviewed. The interview it self took about 5 minutes.I advise you to do a lot of background research about the company. No one would want to hire someone who knows nothing about the Company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What does "Food with Integrity" mean to you? Tell me about yourself. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Davie, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Davie, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty chill interview, the wait was a little long but overall laid back. Sat outside on the patio and answered basic questions about our lives, school schedule and our availability.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online for several Chipotle locations & I had 4 locations get back to me. On my first interview, I waited about 10 minutes past the scheduled time but they did offer me & the other applicants a free drink. There were 4 of us getting interviewed by 2 of the managers. Group interviews can be overwhelming but just make sure you come prepared and always have a big smile on your face. In order to prepare yourself, research the company & look very hard into it. I scored a 2nd interview with the general manager, but when I came in for the scheduled time, the GM wasn't even there so I had to talk to another set of managers & got scheduled to come in for another time. All in all, very easy interview process & very friendly staff