Chipotle Restaurant Team Member - Crew Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chipotle Restaurant Team Member - Crew Interview Questions

1.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Orlando, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

I initially did an online application, received an e-mail afterwards saying, "Thank you for applying... your application will be carefully reviewed, if you meet our needs a hiring manager will be in touch with you very soon."

2 weeks later I randomly decided to check on the status of my application instead of just saying "Application Received" it had now been updated to "Interview Requested." I'd say in less than a week I was contacted, via e-mail by a manager (which I thought was different) if I'd like to come in for interview. I thought it was kind of odd that I was being contacted by a manager at different location (about 20 mins. further) than the location I applied to, but I figured maybe this company just does things differently. I replied asking what specific date/time I could come in, I waited almost 2 days thinking maybe he changed his mind. Then as I'm checking my e-mail before I go to bed Thursday night, I get an e-mail at about 10:30pm asking if I could come in "around" 2pm that Friday. I was caught off guard, but I gladly agreed.

The place was packed with the lunch rush as I arrived. While I waited for the manager, I was offered a drink by a worker. Finally the manager comes and introduces himself, he also brings out the Kitchen Manager that he personally hired and I eventually realized both are going to interview me. Since I had no previous work experience the questions stayed pretty basic. Tell me about yourself? Have you ever eaten at Chipotle's? Can you see yourself making this a career? Why don't you have a lot of experience? Do you have any questions? Basic background information on the company and "food with integrity."

My main question was "is this the main location hiring right now? His response was I know the Winter Garden location is hiring (because he also runs it) however he assumed that the location we were physically in was closer than the other location I specifically applied for, and maybe my idea choice, (although my application would say otherwise)

He told me I should hear from him in a week, and if I don't for me to get in contact with him. Long story short, I never heard back from him and I think the latter half of my post as well as me being in school for music and therefor not really making a "career" out of it probably played a roll. So if it went to someone with not a lot of options as far as jobs/careers than best of luck!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I did an online application and got a an email for a schedule interview with in the next few days.
    My first interview went super well, the manager was super friendly she asked what she was suppose to asked. During the interview she wrote down everything and once it was done she said to expect a phone call after 4 pm.I did and was called in for a second interview.
     Now the second interview was awful! I got to the establishment 5 mins before my interview and the "supervisor" had me waiting for a whole hour! I had seen him walk around the kitchen and goofing off but from that time I didn't know he was the guy that was going to interview me.
    Once he did he made an excuse that no one had told him that I was already there for my interview. ( I mean I was the only one there that had not order anything!!!)
    This interview was very unprofessional!!
    Once I had the less than five minute interview I was NOT going back even if i did get a call.

Interview Questions

• The fact that he asked me if I was a party person and if I liked to drink was not what I was expecting.
      He pointed out that I shouldn't feel bad if I didn't get hired after I told him that wasn't a drinker or if I would like to hang out after work with co workers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed within a week letting me know the details for a group interview. I arrived to the interview 10 minutes early and was given a drink cup to fill before sitting down at a table inside the restaurant. (The free drink was the only positive aspect of this torturous situation) So I sit down and two other candidates arrive and join me at the table. After waiting at least 10 minutes past the scheduled time, the apprentice, who is one of the most unprofessional people I have ever met, comes to the table to begin the interview, starting off by criticizing me for dressing nicely. She passes around a pen and pad for us to write down our contact information and then begins to ask us questions. She starts off by asking each of us two basic interview questions. Shortly after, she says with "I know I'm not supposed to ask this, but whatever," and proceeds to ask us questions that are strictly prohibited by Equal Opportunity. I couldn't believe that she would acknowledge the fact that she isn't allowed to ask those questions and then proceeded to anyways!
    After concluding questioning, she says "My GM didn't want to have to come talk, but I'm gonna drag him out here." So the other candidates and I wait another ten minutes before the GM comes out from the back of the restaurant, looking like he had just rolled out of bed. He says hi and whatever and then asks us one question "What's your favorite type of music," before concluding the interview.
    The apprentice then shakes our hands and says that she will be in contact with us within 48 hours. It's been two weeks since the interview and I haven't heard a word.

For a company as well regarded as Chipotle, you'd think that they'd hire professional employees and not these monsters to run their restaurants. I wouldn't pay those two a cent, let alone a large salary!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Orange Park, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was exceptionally awkward. I was interviewed by someone who thought it would be a good idea to interview two candidates at once. So It was me and another gentleman competing against each other. We all three (Myself, the other candidate, and the hiring manager) sat in the middle of the restaurant. After the interview (which oddly enough seemed to have gone alright), both myself and the other candidate were told that we would hear from the hiring manager within 48 hours of our interview to let us know if we got the position or not. It has been 7 days since I interviewed with them and I have not received a phone call from them. No voicemails, emails or anything. I have continuously called them but couldn't even get anyone to pick up the main store phone over the past several days. Very unimpressed. Get it together guys!

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply for Chipotle?   1 Answer

Restaurant Team Member Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle in November 2013.

Interview

I interviewed at two different locations - both of which I didn't get an offer.

The first location I had two seperate one-on-one interviews with the general manager and the kitchen manager. The general manager asked typical questions you would find on this website and seemed impressed that I knew the background and mission of Chipotle. He was easy-going and it was relatively informal, and talked about how much he loved working there and that they tend to hire within.

Then I scheduled for my second interview a few days later with the kitchen manager. We sat down outside and he pretty much just looked through my job application, said everything looked good, asked about what the other manager talked about and also mentioned how much he loved working at chipotle. Then, after asking again what my job experience was (I had none, just volunteering and exta curriculars), we shook hands and he said I'll get a reply back in 48 hours. The entire interview lasted a few minutes. I never got a call back so I phoned them 3 days later. They said the managers were going to have a meeting the next day and my application still said in process, so the lady on the phone said she will give me a call once that's over. Never gave me a call, didn't bother calling back.

The second location interview lasted about an hour and was a lot more intense. I interviewed with the general manager and the service manager, one after the other, but still one-on-one. They constantly emphasized top preformers and asked a lot of the personality questions like "What words would your friends describe you with?" and "What is your definition of excellent customer service?" They said I'll get a call back in a few days if they were to schedule a second interview, but I never did. Pretty unforfunate because I actually wanted to work there.

Restaurant Team Member Crew Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call later that week and the interview itself was very short. They guy asked me about myself, what i knew about chipotle, I guess I just wasn't cut out because I never heard from them again..

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

I put in a application online. About 3 weeks later I received and email stating that they were having a job fair I the location I wanted to work and that they would like me to attend. The next day I went in there was another guy waiting to be interviewed. The manager then came out and took both of us for an group interview. She asked us why did we choose Chipotle, what makes us fit for the position. Also she asked us about "Food with Integrity", and she also mentioned the 13 characteristics that you have to have to work at Chipotle. At the end of the interview she said she likes us and that we were very outgoing and she hired us on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on your spare time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

She told us how much we would be getting paid.

Restaurant Team Member Crew Interview

Interview

Found the position through Jobs.com. I applied online and received a call later that week to schedule an in-person interview. Went to the location I would be working at and met the manager. She was friendly, but also clear about what was to be expected. The whole interview lasted about 15 minutes. She said she would let me know. That was over a week ago.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a coworker do something you thought might be against policy, but weren't sure, would you tell a manager anyway?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Memphis, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

One day after I applied for Chipotle, they emailed me saying to come in for an interview. I was first interviewed by the kitchen manager and she led me to believe there was no doubt that I had the job. After she interviewed me, the general manager interviewed me and he was a little less friendly but I still felt like I had interviewed well enough for the job. They emailed me a week later saying that they were unable to offer me a position at this time. I have no idea what went wrong. to me, that interview was perfect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Clovis, CA).

Interview

I went through the first stage which was a group interview of 10 candidates.
    The manager barely spoke any English and was a tree-hugging environmentalist.

We all put our names and phone numbers on a sheet and proceeded to introduce ourselves to the manager. After several typical questions the manager emphasized the vision of Chipotle and the importance of team work and cooperation. We were excused and told that we would receive a call or email by the end of the week.

I was the only white male in this group, everyone else was either Latino or Asian so ethnicity played a major role in the candidate selection process. (I was declined without an explanation.)