Chipotle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017
2,134 Interview Reviews

2.2

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

My interview started a little while after the store was open so there wasn't that many people. I asked the workers that I was there for an interview and they told me to sit and wait. I waited for around 5 minutes before a worker came out from the back to interview me. They asked me basic interview questions and a lot of questions about myself. After the this interview another worker came and interviewed me. He was a really nice guy and the process was short. I thought it was weird that the workers were questioning me instead of the manager but I let it slide. I didn't get a call back but that's okay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (New York, NY).

Interview

They called me back the day after I applied. The interview was easy and at the end they offered me a free burrito. I suggest learning about their company history.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

I applied online received an email 2 days later to schedule at interview. I went to the interview, it was a group interview, I was the only female there and the youngest person (I'm 16) I didn't have previous work history and it was my first interview. The manager talked about how he started at Chipotle and about personal things which excluded me out if the conversation because like I said they were all male and older than me (in their late 20's or 30's) which made it hard for me to find something to say, I was confused on what they were talking about.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Make sure you know the history of Chipotle, I would recommend watching youtube videos, going on their website, and even finding other sources prior to your interview. You are hired based on your personality and the manager (and a crew member) will see if you have the "13 traits."

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why did you choose Chipotle than another place?   1 Answer
    • What are you studying in school? What do you want to do after you're finished with school?   1 Answer
    • What are you doing when you're not working/school?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Fresno, CA).

Interview

1ST INTERVIEW*****
    I applied online for a NEW location and received an email few days later stating I had an in store interview the next day. My interview was a group interview and asked very basic questions

Chipotle Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Alameda, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I showed up to the interview expecting an older manager to interview me, but everyone was very young and full of energy. They sat me down in the restaurant and proceeded with the interview. They asked basic questions and even informed me about things I was not familiar about the company. Such that they reimburse you up to 5,000 in college tuition if you've been a team member for 1 year.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to thrive with chipotle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Lake Worth, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to this Chipotle restaurant and didn't get a call or email. So, a few days later I called the restaurant and asked about my application status, the manager told me to come in for an interview on the friday of that week. When I arrived there, the manager who asked me to come wasn't there. The manager that was present was really busy so he had an employee interview me. After the employee asked me some questions, he went to his manager , then he came back and asked me to come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of activities do I do in school
      how would I describe myself
      How would others describe me
      Why Chipotle out of all restaurants
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Worcester, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy, just a few questions about the company. The manager asked me about myself and asked if I knew about Chipotle's core values. She described their policies and how everything works. I was offered the job on the spot. I was also asked what position of crew member I would like to work. Overall was a very quick and easy process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Bowie, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Was a group interview and we were interviewed by two managers.They had us waiting a good 20 minutes before the interview started.The manager had a high energy and was cracking jokes for us to loosen up a bit

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Enfield, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied twice, online at Chipotle's website, and got a phone call 2 weeks later. The hiring manager contacted me via phone and told me to come about 2 days later. The interview was around 45 minutes long and consisted of 6 people.