Chipotle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,181 Interview Reviews

2.2

2,181 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, the next day they called for an interview. The interview questions were a little off to me. Nothing about the 13 characteristics or Chipotles vision. I thought it went good but no offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Got an email to come in at the time of my choosing. There were 3 other people also waiting as I showed up. They asked about 3 questions and gave each of us a turn. Then they have us write down our full name along with telephone number and our availability. They will only call back or text back who will move on to the next interview. I didn't make it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (New York, NY).

Interview

They called me back the day after I applied. The interview was easy and at the end they offered me a free burrito. I suggest learning about their company history.

Team Member Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online received an email 2 days later to schedule at interview. I went to the interview, it was a group interview, I was the only female there and the youngest person (I'm 16) I didn't have previous work history and it was my first interview. The manager talked about how he started at Chipotle and about personal things which excluded me out if the conversation because like I said they were all male and older than me (in their late 20's or 30's) which made it hard for me to find something to say, I was confused on what they were talking about.

Front Line/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

My interview started a little while after the store was open so there wasn't that many people. I asked the workers that I was there for an interview and they told me to sit and wait. I waited for around 5 minutes before a worker came out from the back to interview me. They asked me basic interview questions and a lot of questions about myself. After the this interview another worker came and interviewed me. He was a really nice guy and the process was short. I thought it was weird that the workers were questioning me instead of the manager but I let it slide. I didn't get a call back but that's okay.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview 2 days after the phone call. I arrived a few minutes early just to be safe. The interview was with one of the managers and was about 5 minutes long. She asked basic questions. 2 weeks later, I was the one who called to come in for a 2nd interview. This interview was with the manager who interviewed me the last time and the general manager. The questions they asked me were the same as the 1st interview. The general manager told me on the spot that she wanted me to meet the crew so I met the afternoon crew that day (which took an hour). You get to talk to the crew one on one in the kitchen just to get to know them and vice versa. When I was done, the General Manager told me to meet the morning crew on the weekend early morning. I met them and it was the same as the day I met the afternoon crew. Each one of these interviews took about 5 minutes or less.

Interview Questions

• Why chipotle?
      Why should we NOT hire you?
      What do you know about chipotle?
      In one word, how would your friends describe you? (use one of the 13 characteristics)
      6 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Make sure you know the history of Chipotle, I would recommend watching youtube videos, going on their website, and even finding other sources prior to your interview. You are hired based on your personality and the manager (and a crew member) will see if you have the "13 traits."

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why did you choose Chipotle than another place?   1 Answer
    • What are you studying in school? What do you want to do after you're finished with school?   1 Answer
    • What are you doing when you're not working/school?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Enfield, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied twice, online at Chipotle's website, and got a phone call 2 weeks later. The hiring manager contacted me via phone and told me to come about 2 days later. The interview was around 45 minutes long and consisted of 6 people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Fresno, CA).

Interview

1ST INTERVIEW*****
    I applied online for a NEW location and received an email few days later stating I had an in store interview the next day. My interview was a group interview and asked very basic questions

Chipotle Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Alameda, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I showed up to the interview expecting an older manager to interview me, but everyone was very young and full of energy. They sat me down in the restaurant and proceeded with the interview. They asked basic questions and even informed me about things I was not familiar about the company. Such that they reimburse you up to 5,000 in college tuition if you've been a team member for 1 year.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to thrive with chipotle?   1 Answer