Chipotle Kitchen Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Brownsville, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview went well however they didn't follow up on calling back. I had to call them back the next day to ask about the outcome. Overall I got the job but they don't follow through with what they promise ( base pay, hours. And etc).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Kitchen Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle in August 2015.

Interview

it was different , really cool and the people were friendly the hiring process is a little different because the employees vote on if they want to hire you and not the manager. I ended up quiting though because they worked everyone like slaves for minimum wage including me even though i had a handicap which they didnt seem to care about. if only those illeagles knew that they should be paid way more than what chipotle pays.

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Hoover, AL) in June 2014.

Interview

Carlos (GM at time) interviewed me on the spot when I brought resume in, interview questions covered work history and then he talked about Chipotle's mission and how successful he had been with company.

Interview Questions

• GM wanted to know work history and if I had been let go from any position and the reason why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chipotle (Troy, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

Took way too long to get hired but the interviews were ideal for finding out about a person and getting to know if they're capable for the job. All in all its a good process

Interview Questions

• What animal would you most relate to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Olathe, KS) in October 2012.

Interview

brief but happened to walk in on the day three corporate big shots were there and put on some charm and got hired on the spot. It was a little awkward because of a vibe i was getting from some of the head honchos but it wasnt regarded for me i later came to find out.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Sacramento, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

They are very informative about the culture of Chipotle, including the 13 characteristics and Food with Integrity. Upward mobility is stressed is a requirement for someone to be hired. Being outgoing and asking questions is considered an important characteristic.

Interview Questions

• They will ask for you to tell them a joke. This is in order to gauge your personality and ability to think and act on your feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay is negotiable but literally within cents. Hours are extremely flexible however.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Newark, DE) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with the GM and the District manager at an off site location, because the store was being opened. Ask me general questions about what my favorite food at Chipotle was, why I wanted to work there, what could I offer to Chipotle through my employment there, etc.

Negotiation

I was hired as a line cook and after 5 months of training in each station, was finally moved to Kitchen Manager. This is 4 months after the date that they promised me. I was started with a base pay of 8.50/hr and when I was promoted given 11.50/hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Mishawaka, IN) in May 2010.

Interview

This is a scam they put on a hiring website that they are looking for restaurant managers. I had an interview believing I was interviewing for that position, turns out they promote only from within so I was interviewing for an $8 an hour job. The interviewing manager had no clue how to do an interview for even a crew member so that was a nightmare. I would recommend serious training for assistant managers to do effective interviews

Interview Questions

• they ask if you have eaten there before   1 Answer