Chipotle Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.2

252 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Someone called me and arranged an interview and I showed up but the GM got caught up in a meeting so I had to come back another day. Went in again and then still didn't get an interview with GM, just a kitchen staff. They took my number and said they would call and arrange another interview with me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Too long for an entry level food job, I was looking for a side job for extra cash for the summer since I don't have my college classes and by the time they got back to me it's already halfway thru July. I got a state job quicker than a chipotle job.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Irvine, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online late one afternoon and by late morning the next day, they contacted me for an interview. Everything was pretty laid back for the most part, nothing too intense; pretty easy.

Team Member Interview

Interview

It went well. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was a nice interview. The atmosphere was calm and peaceful. The managers were courteous and encouraging. I felt very good and comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Simi Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview. They ask you very basic things about yourself, why you want to work there, and where you see yourself in short term and where you see yourself in long term. Life wise. And then they tell you the usual, we will call you back and let you know.

Interview Questions

• whats your spiritual animal and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I interviewed at Chipotle (Lakeland, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

I would never recommend applying at Chipotle. They were the first place to respond to my application and asked me to come in at 10:30 or 4 on a Saturday. I showed up 15 minutes early for the 10:30 interview and after waiting 30 minutes I was asked by a staff member to come back at 2 that day. I cancelled my plans for that day to come back and when I arrived at 1:50 they asked me to sit and wait until they could locate their hiring manger. After waiting 2 hours they said he asked if I could come back the next day or Monday at 2 so I told them I'd be back the next day at 2. I had to hurry out of my church and skip lunch to make the interview and when I got there the girl at the register told me he said he wasn't going to do interviews that day and to come at 10 a.m. Monday. I had an appointment I could not change Monday so I didn't go. I really doubt the manger showed up to the interview either since he didn't for the other 3 I was told about. This was the most unprofessional experience I have ever had at an interview. For a place that prides themselves on food with integrity they certainly don't treat their future employees with the same respect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I got an email from Chipotle that set the time & place for the interview. I went to the restaurant and did a brief group interview. Later in the day I got another email telling me I was declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

So I walked to chipotle and asked how do I apply here for a job they said online. So I went to their website about a week ago I applied and two days ago I get a phone call saying when can we get you to come for a interview ? They said they can do it at 3-4pm I said sure :D and I went at 3:40pm and it was a one to one interview with someone who look like a regular employee. And it wasn't nerve breaking they asked like 4 easy questions except to the "why did I leave my last job" oooooh that was hard as I got fired. So you don't have to say exactly that , I said because of time reasons I couldn't work with that schedule I'm looking for a noon job works better for me. (you cant lie because they can check but you can add a twist to it so it wont sound so bad.) And then they ask for what school did you goto and about them helping in college thing. And then a last question was about chipotle company . Then they said theirs another interview and idk yet of my results but I hope I did good.

Interview Questions

• What did you last manager think of you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Fontana, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview with 8 people, and she hired 2 people on the spot. She was looking for talkative, funny, extroverted people (and arguably people who kiss up). I got nervous so I didn't get it. She only asked 2 questions, probably since there were so many of us, and the interview lasted about an hour because there were so many people. It should've been pretty easy but with so many people, it was hard to get a word in without talking too much or talking over someone but it seems that's what you need to do if you want to stand out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Cypress, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Went to interview and it was in a group of 5 other people. After the interview the managers pulled me and another applicant aside to get our contact info. After that she told me she had more interviews to do the next day and that she'd contact me if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about your past jobs and what made you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself. Your goals, what you're proud of, where you plan to be in the next 5 years.   Answer Question