Chiquita Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accounts Payable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dania Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Dania Beach, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter, and he set me up for an interview with two people from the accounting department. I went to the interview, and I only met 1 of the two people I was supposed to meet. She spoke for an entire hour, and she did not ask me any questions about my experience or anything. Still, she was nice, so I sent her a thank you email. I waited a week to follow up and find out what the result was. Of course, I didn't get the job. I'm not upset at that, I'm more upset that a supposed global company can legally waste people's time like this. It should be illegal. I was barely able to get out of work to come to this interview, because it really meant the world to me to be able to work for Chiquita. But they didn't even ask me questions or take interest in me or my work. They had already decided from way before that I was not a fit and used me as filler. I don't appreciate that at all. I don't expect to be applying to any other positions for this company any time soon, and I would encourage respectable people to value their time. Do not bother applying to this company.

Interview Questions

• They only asked me whether I was Hispanic or Russian (illegal much?)   Answer Question

Commercial Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands in September 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. First interview was a basic phone screen, then you can advance to a second interview. Interview still not completed but they were looking to hire by the next month. The first interview gives details of job overview and what was expected. The second interview was scheduled with an executive a week later. I answered no for an offer, only because the interview process was not complete.

Interview Questions

• The first interview was a very casual conversation. The position is explained and questions are asked about your interest and willingness to develop and train.   Answer Question

Entry Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dania Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Dania Beach, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview, it was one on one and pretty laid back and casual. I felt walking out of there as if I nailed it. I was told I would know either way no later than the beginning of next week.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in past positions held, ect.
      Why do you think you would be a good candidate?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands.

Interview

Was contacted by HR to discuss opportunity which I would be responsible collaborating with a customer in a particular market segment. The customer was a major player and I had experience working with them before. The person spoke a mile a minute and you can tell she was nervous or inexperienced. And I thought I was nervous? Either way, when I first was reached out to, I didn't get an immediate response for several days.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about background. However a technical question that was not on the job description was asked which I did not meet the qualification. She stopped the interview right there abruptly and said there wasn't a fit. Do you think it would be equally beneficial to the potential employee and interviewer that all critical qualifications be stated in the job description? In the end, I was still very qualified for the position. My opinion is that the HR person didn't have the experience to hire a position that is technical, therefore it hurt both me and Chiquita in the end.   Answer Question

Administrative Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was quite simple and didn't last long. I was asked about my experience in the sports events area and non-profits. We went over salary for duration of position, what is expected of you, the environment and what to expect when the position ends in the Fall.

Process Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial contact from unknown person asking to connect via LinkedIn, followed by phone conversation and introduction. Further phone screening by HR, then multiple face-to-face interview (one day, 6 separate interviews 45-60 minutes), multiple follow-up in-depth phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to fill the gap between what you have done and this new business?   1 Answer
    • What book or literature has had biggest impact on your professional existence?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect to be your biggest challenge in this role?   Answer Question

Transportation Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands in September 2013.

Interview

1. Initial phone screening with HR recruiter
    2. Phone interview with transportation manager
    3. In person interview at headquarters with 2 transportation managers at the same time, one manager was in HQ, the other manager had to conference call from California

Interview Questions

• What have you done to improve operations, such as saving money or time?   Answer Question

Service & Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

Was emailed to schedule a phone interview. In the phone interview she asked about my employment background. There was one requirement of the job to know how to work with Blackberry Enterprise. Once I stated that I hadn't worked with that before (which was not listed on my resume in the 1st place), she ended the call stating it was a requirement.

Logistic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online received a call next week; was placed on hold for 5 minutes after she came back was told that because I have a degree in a social science "I shouldnt apply for this position" and "why am I applying for jobs outside of the state"

Logistic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in August 2012.

Interview

A phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview with Hiring Manger

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. They asked me whether I am familiar with Access.   1 Answer