Chiquita Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.5

Process Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial contact from unknown person asking to connect via LinkedIn, followed by phone conversation and introduction. Further phone screening by HR, then multiple face-to-face interview (one day, 6 separate interviews 45-60 minutes), multiple follow-up in-depth phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to fill the gap between what you have done and this new business?   1 Answer
    • What book or literature has had biggest impact on your professional existence?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect to be your biggest challenge in this role?   Answer Question

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

First was screened by HR representative with the usual questions about background, experience, education, why I wanted to work for Chiquita. Proceeded to have phone interview week later with transportation manager for 2 hours covering in depth the concerns above. 2 weeks later received offer from HR concerning position. Applied in March, started in May.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a conflict you had with another employee and how you resolved it?   1 Answer

Account Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks. Started with a basic phone interview. Then I was asked to schedule a time to come in for a one on one interview. While there it was a fairly normal job interview, with basic questions. The next day I received a call with an offer and start date.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fast and simple. I got recommended by a current employee.
    They have some behavior questions but nothing complicated. Managers are very down to earth persons made me feel very comfortable counting that I get extremely nervous on interview to the point that I loose my voice sometimes :(
    It was a very good experience !

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Contacted by outside recruiter, initial phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, on site 1:1 interviews with 5-6 associates representing different departments. Everything and everyone I saw, heard, and talked to were a class act all the way.

Interview Questions

• All were situational, none were overly difficult or unfair.   Answer Question

Nothing to do with salary, everything to do with intangibles.

Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands.

Interview

Was contacted by HR to discuss opportunity which I would be responsible collaborating with a customer in a particular market segment. The customer was a major player and I had experience working with them before. The person spoke a mile a minute and you can tell she was nervous or inexperienced. And I thought I was nervous? Either way, when I first was reached out to, I didn't get an immediate response for several days.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about background. However a technical question that was not on the job description was asked which I did not meet the qualification. She stopped the interview right there abruptly and said there wasn't a fit. Do you think it would be equally beneficial to the potential employee and interviewer that all critical qualifications be stated in the job description? In the end, I was still very qualified for the position. My opinion is that the HR person didn't have the experience to hire a position that is technical, therefore it hurt both me and Chiquita in the end.   Answer Question

Administrative Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was quite simple and didn't last long. I was asked about my experience in the sports events area and non-profits. We went over salary for duration of position, what is expected of you, the environment and what to expect when the position ends in the Fall.

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morrow, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Morrow, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Had a phone call with the recruiter and then the Controller and then was able to get an onsite interview. The onsite was interested. I was shoved around from room to room and was apologized to constantly. I can tell most people at the plant were racist.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about background. Nothing earth shattering. There were several panel interviews. This is the format they like to use.   1 Answer

Racist people at plant. Overhead the HR person saying she didn't care what they did with me. Was shuffled around on interviews. People don't care about folks - they pretend but they are ridiculous.

Logistics Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)) in August 2011.

Interview

Good and easy

Senior Analyst Network Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)) in November 2010.

Interview

I guess this is a very interesting company that offers some opportunities and benefits but they must be focused on the compensation to the employees that I consider needs to b reviewed.

Interview Questions

• What does passive state means on EIRGP   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fast