Choice Hotels Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

1.7

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

nothing formal. i was reffered by my friend who set me up for an interview with the general manager. the interview was in person. i took the train to downtown where the hotel is located. asked for the general manager. we greeted and he asked me if i can work full time. i responded "yes" and thats how i got the job. hope im done writting mimimum 30 words smh

Interview Questions

• will you be okay working at night shift?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Choice Hotels

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Orland Park, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was smooth and relaxing, unlike most interviews are made to make you feel. I was made to feel as though I was already hired, it was just the basis of what my availability was.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that I went out of my way for a customer?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Interview

The manager and I spoke for roughly 40 minutes and it was quite easy. He explained everything he expects from a front desk agent and answers all of your questions. He was very detailed and thorough. It was set up more like a conversation instead of your typical interview. We did the process in the back dining room which made it a bit less formal but still formal because it is still an interview. It took the edge off, is where I'm getting at.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Syracuse, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

It was easy, got hired after my first interview. Gave me a couple scenario questions but nothing somebody with half a brain couldn't figure out. Advice to only apply at management positions

Anonymous Employee in Sandston, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Sandston, VA).

Interview

very quick in easy.. they do not make applications only resumes

Interview Questions

• nothing difficult all he wants to know is if your willing to work hard for min. pay   1 Answer

Negotiation

you will only get min wage he is very cheap so there is no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Raleigh, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

It was a simple interview. Really just basic question about prior experience. I had Choice experience so it made it easier for me. No drug test, background check. Hired at interview.

Anonymous Employee in North Liberty, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (North Liberty, IA) in July 2013.

Interview

These are franchised to small business owners usually, so each is different most dont require much previous skill

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels in February 2013.

Interview

Unprofessional from the get-go, I was told to come in and hired the same day to start the next. No warning or anything. The questions were basic hotel operation questions, I was told to show up at 1:00 and the interview didn't start till 1:45. I sat in the lobby awkwardly until that point with nothing else to do. I wasn't given an apology or anything like that.

Negotiation

There wasn't one, I was told I would be paid a certain amount and after hire told a different amount.

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Knoxville, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

I simply applied at a Comfort Inn location and was interviewed for the job and got it after the first interview. They asked basic questions that any employer would and dug a little deeper with each question to really understand who I was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What makes you the right candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Annapolis, MD) in September 2008.

Interview

Sent an email through snagajob.com The general manager had a pretty relaxed attitude (but still professional) and the questions were not hard, and as long as you knew generally what kinds of things to say you will pass the interview. The general manager who hired me though has since passed away (Jim Crouch was a great man)... and I don't think that the owner has/had the exact same philosophy/ideals as Jim, so I don't know how it is there now with a totally different GM. But The hiring process was easy, the job was for the most part very easy. There's not really room for advancement though unless/until the gm moves on.

Interview Questions

• None that difficult. Just look up potential interview questions and have a good attitude to work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none - I accepted $9.00 hourly.