Choice Hotels Front Desk Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Choice Hotels Front Desk Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Newton, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Newton, KS) in June 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed when I submitted the application which was nice and my observation in my time working there they try to do that. The interview was performed in the office with the head manger and the assistant manager. The interview was simple and limited to basic questions in every interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my current job at the time, substitute teaching and subcontract work. I have owned a small cleaning business and have 6 years restaurant experience so there were questions about service related issues. I was actually more experienced and knowledgeable than management which made the interview easy but like most situations it was not a plus once I was hired.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Choice Hotels

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (West Lafayette, IN) in July 2013.

Interview

Basic entry level job interview for a normal position. Asks some standard questions. Will offer less wages than you need, and if you don't like it, experience is mentioned but rarely rewarded after working there. Most of the interview is just sitting down with a manager and going over the basic requirements of what you will be doing, such as; answering the phone and fax machine in a courteous manner, dealing with guests, going over safety, doing laundry, folding laundry, and making you aware that you will have free time during work hours when your duties are finished.

Interview Questions

• What shifts, etc and availability can you work   1 Answer
    • Can you use office equipment such as a computer, phone, or fax machine.   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Choice Hotels in June 2013.

Interview

I was called in for the first interview in person. The Hiring Manager, no longer at the company, asked all of the common questions. It was very simple and exactly what I expected for a low paying, hourly position. I didn't hear back again until they called to offer the position. After being hired, they admitted my references didn't check out but I was still hired because the GM and Asst GM were physically attracted to me. Extremely unprofessional. No drug test after being hired.

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an additional $2/hour from $10 to $12. She originally said she didn't have room to negotiate but obviously she did.

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Pensacola, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

I got called in for the interview the day after I applied. I was called in and asked average questions about front desk skills. I was asked to take a drug and took the test same day and got hired that day. I was on schedule within the same week. It was a fairly easy process and I was happy for the opportunity to work for them. I have been working in the hotel business for a long time and the whole interview process was very average. They do like to hire people who don't have a lot going on in life ( kids, school, travel) so that you will be most available to them.

Interview Questions

• can you work any shift, nights, weekends and holidays   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy

Anonymous Employee in New Paltz, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (New Paltz, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

It was a very brief interview. Once they saw that I met there qualifications, they hired me immediately. Especially because I had a very flexible schedule. They were clearly desperate for someone because they barely asked me that many questions. Basically, once I passed that background test, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work late nights?   1 Answer

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Choice Hotels in May 2008.

Interview

Was called in for an interview after submitting application in person. Front desk staff was helpful in answering my initial questions about the position. General manager asked me questions regarding my experience and background.