Choice Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

3.2

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Compare to other places I interviewed, Choice's interview process is not well planned. At the very last minute they decide you will meet more people, than originally planned. They don't show you the office, which is strange.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

1st interview was very brief
    Called in for a second interview a week later. And I was asked to email them a game plan. Currently still in the process. I was told they would be getting back to me in a week or so and I also was told that the hiring process takes a long time

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Rockville, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Received call for an interview few weeks after submitting resume on company website. Hr manager followed up with an email and included agenda/schedule. I knew who I'd be interviewing with and that it would be a 1/2 day process. Interviewed with HR manager that called me, hiring manager, person in the position, and marketing director and HR Director. Everyone was on time, had prepared for the interview by reviewing my resume and had a set list of questions to ask me.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about previous my jobs, what I liked, what areas I excelled in, my accomplishments, challenges, etc.
      Behavioral questions regarding types of conflicts I had with co-workers and how I handled them.
      My salary requirements.
      Answer Question

Grocery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Bethesda, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

Its a three step process, first being phone screen, and two in person interviews. Also they will ask for work samples from previous employment. The interview process takes a very long time.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colonial Heights, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Colonial Heights, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

very intense, detailed, and thorough, to the point; discussed the nature of the business; explained the auditing procedures for night auditing, and front office responsibilities for checking in and checking out guests.

Interview Questions

• why would i be a good fit for the company   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a Hiring Event on the Company premises. There were multiple desks with mostly Millennials Managers who provided on the spot flyers/handout with their Openings Descriptions. All aof them were out of my range of skills which is SQL Server/Transact-SQL/BI/SSIS/ETL but nothing with Java. They required Work Experience for ALL Skills.

Interview Questions

• Do you have such and such Work Experience with Specific Number of Years? IF No THEN Sayonara.   1 Answer

Area Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Interview

Multi-part interview. The first part was an initial phone screen with your standard questions (work history, goals, what they are looking for etc), then a second phone interview with more detailed questions (scenarios). Then got flown in for a group interview for the final part. (4 candidates at the same time) This process went all day and included group discussion, individual interviews and a case study. Finally at the end of the day you had to do an one minute "elevator pitch" why you are the right candidate.

They then never followed up with final decisions even a courtesy email or phone call saying thanks for your time. They are such busy a business they could not send three regret emails? It is a poor manners

Interview Questions

• Work history, industry knowledge, how do you deal with people   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Choice Hotels in January 2015.

Interview

Campus recruitment. Back-to-back interview, three interviewers. The interview went pretty good, but it seems that they are just looking for one person. Didn't get onsite interview. The first round took them almost 2 months to decide who could go to the next round.

Backup Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Normal 1st had a phone interview. They wanted a face to face interview next. Went on site for my 2nd interview and no one from Choice was there. So i had a 2nd phone interview onsite in their conferences room. it was very strange, I understand thing happen but someone could have called me to reschedule. They told me they will let me know by the end of the week, got a call from the headhunter on Thursday saying they have decide to reevaluate this position. Now this position has been posted two times and I applied both times. Each time they come back with we need to reevaluate this position.

Interview Questions

• Normal Backup tech questions. Do you know Datadomain, do you know SLP's.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Lafayette, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was not that great . The lady explained the details of the job and what is expected out of each employee. Then she proceeded to tell me how many other applications she had to go threw.
    Then she proceeded to ask me other every day questions like do you have your own transportation.
    When can you start.?. How much do you expect to get paid. and if working weekends are gonna be a problem.

Interview Questions

• Do you own your own vechicle?   1 Answer