Choice Hotels Search & Affiliate Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Search & Affiliate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

Painful and very very long. Initial app direct thru company website. 30 min HR screening interview ok. Subsequent interview with SVp arranged which was then cancelled at 15 minutes notice and was advised job was on hold. Heard back following week and rearranged. Met with HR and SVP remotely for v brief (25 min meeting). A month later after various mis-communications and ignored time requests was invited back for another meeting with numerous managers, VPs. 2 hours. My performance in this meetign was not great. Mitigating circumstance was that there were 5 people (some of whom were pleasant and courteous) in the room and one remote by video. Finally there was a phone interview with yet another SVP where I was asked a series of banal and irrelevant Qs. Weeks then passed. I enquired as to status twice and was advised "2/3weeks". During one of these periods I met a Choice employee at a conference who described the place as "F-d up". A further enquiry in early October was met with a 3-4 week estimate. I called after 4 weeks and was told they had offered the job to another candidate. This whole process took 5 months. I don't object to not being hired - I didn't interview all that well - but their whole approach was arrogant, inconsiderate of the candidate and completely dysfunctional. I'm not certain I wld have accepted if it had been offered having been dicked about so much. In short, not recommended.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with attribution for non branded search ( or something)   Answer Question