Choice Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Choice Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.4

Key Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels in January 2017.

Interview

Easy and Straight-Forward. Applied online. Received request for telephone interview 2 weeks later. Interview was about 45 minutes long. They left plenty of time to ask questions about the position at the end. Very good experience overall.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Rockville, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Terrible -- like Hunger Games! They pit you against other candidates and really treat the whole process like they are very elite. Very strange, considering. Also, to be quite frank, I was a great match for the specific position and they are not responsive or welcoming at all.

Interview Questions

• they asked me the basic interview questions but almost like they were thumbing their noses at me.   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

It was a series closed statements, no questions were asked or answered, I originally declined the position but they offered more money. I had to take the position. I was extremely uncomfortable through the entire process, I had little confidence in the HR and hiring manager

Negotiation

They made an offer, I declined. They made a second offer, with more money, I declined. They made a third offer with even more money. I had to accept

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Oxford, OH).

Interview

Had no interview, she called and brought me in and I cleaned 50 rooms in my first day. Should have been a sign from above. Who in the right mind hired someone without an interview. Or without knowing who they are. I'm not a bad person but I could have been very easily. I didn't even fill out tax forms for a week.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call with the then VP of sales then an in person interview with the VP. It was very casual and he did most of the talking. A decision was made to hire me shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your experience? Why are you leaving your current role?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

1st interview was very brief
    Called in for a second interview a week later. And I was asked to email them a game plan. Currently still in the process. I was told they would be getting back to me in a week or so and I also was told that the hiring process takes a long time

Desk Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Choice Hotels in June 2016.

Interview

I put in my resume a few days before I got the call for an interview. Got an interview for the very next day. The GM was supper nice. Just talked to me and ask me questions about myself and experience. I had zero experience in the hotel biz but after 30 min she gave me a chance and hired me in the spot. Started the next day. At a reasonable pay rate.

Interview Questions

• What type of work have I done before.   1 Answer
    • Do you have common knowledge about computers   1 Answer
    • What hours are you looking for and do you mind third shift and working holidays and weekends   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't really have to negotiate anything. Pay starts out really well for someone with zero experience in the hotel business.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I submitted resume in career fair to Choice Hotels and applied online as well to various intern positions. After few weeks, I got call for phone interview. All questions were related to my resume, projects and different tools used. In next week, I got an email with sportive response. Received an offer letter in same week. Whole process took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your projects.
      Basic questions about java version I worked on   Answer Question

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Two or Three rounds of interview
    phone 1st round interview with manger - Basic Questions
    2nd round coding interview either webex or white board with manager and one developer - Java questions and will ask you to write code.

Interview Questions

• Java , Junit, exception handling   1 Answer

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Rockville, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Received call for an interview few weeks after submitting resume on company website. Hr manager followed up with an email and included agenda/schedule. I knew who I'd be interviewing with and that it would be a 1/2 day process. Interviewed with HR manager that called me, hiring manager, person in the position, and marketing director and HR Director. Everyone was on time, had prepared for the interview by reviewing my resume and had a set list of questions to ask me.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about previous my jobs, what I liked, what areas I excelled in, my accomplishments, challenges, etc.
      Behavioral questions regarding types of conflicts I had with co-workers and how I handled them.
      My salary requirements.   Answer Question

See What Choice Hotels Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Director in Rockville, MD

Pros: “I did meet some talented and genuinely good people. One or two exemplary leaders. I liked having the occasional opportunity to work with franchisees and people on the field. The offices...”“I did meet some talented and genuinely good people. One or two exemplary leaders. I liked having the occasional opportunity to work with franchisees and people on the field. The offices are pretty nice (only 3-4 yrs old). Aside from the normal benefits there are a few perks related to hotel rooms, although these could be improved as well. Lastly I will say that the hospitality industry in general does have "nice" and "hospitable" people which is not something to scoff at. If you're tired of the smugness or cutthroat nature of finance, VC or high tech, this can be a welcome change of pace.” – Full Review