Choice Hotels Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2013.

Interview

Panel interview with senior level management from different departments. The position required to work across various functional areas to ensure operational alignment. Strategic understanding on the workflow process and how to track production and work capacities.

Systems Performance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview with Choice Hotels went very smoothly. I had a one-on-one interview with a gentleman that I felt was a great representation of the company. By that I mean, I felt welcomed rather than threatened during my interview. We spoke for about 30 minutes then toured the facility after. I met a couple associates, both of which had been there 10+ years, which I feel speaks volume for company morale. If another opportunity comes available within the company, I will be applying again.

Interview Questions

• What are you wanting to specialize in regarding your career in IT?   Answer Question

Software QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward and simple. Contacted by a recruiter asking to set up an interview date. The interview was in person in a panel setting on site.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter, phone interview with manager, in person interview with manager, in person interview with peer manager. Did not receive any further feedback or calls after last interview, even though it was positive, they do not even let you know that you are not selected, just have to guess. Follow up with recruiter went no where, did not have any courtesy to let me know.

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Two or Three rounds of interview
    phone 1st round interview with manger - Basic Questions
    2nd round coding interview either webex or white board with manager and one developer - Java questions and will ask you to write code.

Interview Questions

• Java , Junit, exception handling   1 Answer

Manager, Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

It was tough, but enlightening to see the company culture I was looking for. I had a phone screening with recruiting, then a 4 panel interview with IT and her direct reports, then a follow up one with HR on my management style.

Interview Questions

• All questions were around what kind of environment am I seeking as well as they were seeking someone who had passion and a teamplayer   1 Answer

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn, Phone interview with recruiter, then phone interview with leader, then large in-person panel interview with 5 people and a final in-person interview with leader I was going to report into.

Interview Questions

• They ask you too many behavioral questions like "tell me about a time...." So you better be prepared.   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Had an initial screening with the HR over the phone. Then, I was called for an on-site interview. I got a call from the company 10 days after I applied online. Scheduled the interview the next and got the offer, the subsequent day.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such. Just know your resume well. Most of the questions were from the resume. Then, "why should we hire you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was competitive considering the location. So, I did not negotiate.

IT Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

It took about 3 months to get the final result. I talked to them on university recruiter and had on campus interview with them. There was 2 interviewer, questions based on behavior questions. 3 weeks later, got a email from them to have an final interview/lunch.

Interview Questions

• what is your favor music on your ipad. (Not sure how am I suppose to answer this question)   Answer Question

Search & Affiliate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

Painful and very very long. Initial app direct thru company website. 30 min HR screening interview ok. Subsequent interview with SVp arranged which was then cancelled at 15 minutes notice and was advised job was on hold. Heard back following week and rearranged. Met with HR and SVP remotely for v brief (25 min meeting). A month later after various mis-communications and ignored time requests was invited back for another meeting with numerous managers, VPs. 2 hours. My performance in this meetign was not great. Mitigating circumstance was that there were 5 people (some of whom were pleasant and courteous) in the room and one remote by video. Finally there was a phone interview with yet another SVP where I was asked a series of banal and irrelevant Qs. Weeks then passed. I enquired as to status twice and was advised "2/3weeks". During one of these periods I met a Choice employee at a conference who described the place as "F-d up". A further enquiry in early October was met with a 3-4 week estimate. I called after 4 weeks and was told they had offered the job to another candidate. This whole process took 5 months. I don't object to not being hired - I didn't interview all that well - but their whole approach was arrogant, inconsiderate of the candidate and completely dysfunctional. I'm not certain I wld have accepted if it had been offered having been dicked about so much. In short, not recommended.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with attribution for non branded search ( or something)   Answer Question