Choice Hotels Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

2.9

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The Interview was a straight process. A HR phone interview and then an on-site interview. It was a nice interview. The whole interview process took about a week i would say. The on-site interview was interesting.

Interview Questions

• The interview was unique. They showed me the problems they are having and asked me to tell them how i can tackle them and why i am the perfect candidate keeping the resume as a reference.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

In person interview, just tell me all about this position. And ask me some behaviour question, very nice. It lasts about 20 minutes, I think he talked 14 minutes and I only said like 6 minutes. And let me visit their office. The experience is very good.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview only lasted about thirty minutes total, including a tour of the facility. The questions were extremely basic and if you ever been in customer service - you will pass. After the interview, they will tell you Yes or NO - if you will receive a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time, when you had a difficult decision to make. What did you do? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call with the then VP of sales then an in person interview with the VP. It was very casual and he did most of the talking. A decision was made to hire me shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your experience? Why are you leaving your current role?   1 Answer

Search & Affiliate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

Painful and very very long. Initial app direct thru company website. 30 min HR screening interview ok. Subsequent interview with SVp arranged which was then cancelled at 15 minutes notice and was advised job was on hold. Heard back following week and rearranged. Met with HR and SVP remotely for v brief (25 min meeting). A month later after various mis-communications and ignored time requests was invited back for another meeting with numerous managers, VPs. 2 hours. My performance in this meetign was not great. Mitigating circumstance was that there were 5 people (some of whom were pleasant and courteous) in the room and one remote by video. Finally there was a phone interview with yet another SVP where I was asked a series of banal and irrelevant Qs. Weeks then passed. I enquired as to status twice and was advised "2/3weeks". During one of these periods I met a Choice employee at a conference who described the place as "F-d up". A further enquiry in early October was met with a 3-4 week estimate. I called after 4 weeks and was told they had offered the job to another candidate. This whole process took 5 months. I don't object to not being hired - I didn't interview all that well - but their whole approach was arrogant, inconsiderate of the candidate and completely dysfunctional. I'm not certain I wld have accepted if it had been offered having been dicked about so much. In short, not recommended.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with attribution for non branded search ( or something)   Answer Question

IT Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2013.

Interview

It took about 3 months to get the final result. I talked to them on university recruiter and had on campus interview with them. There was 2 interviewer, questions based on behavior questions. 3 weeks later, got a email from them to have an final interview/lunch.

Interview Questions

• what is your favor music on your ipad. (Not sure how am I suppose to answer this question)   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst I Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Had an initial screening with the HR over the phone. Then, I was called for an on-site interview. I got a call from the company 10 days after I applied online. Scheduled the interview the next and got the offer, the subsequent day.

Interview Questions

• Nothing as such. Just know your resume well. Most of the questions were from the resume. Then, "why should we hire you?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was competitive considering the location. So, I did not negotiate.

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn, Phone interview with recruiter, then phone interview with leader, then large in-person panel interview with 5 people and a final in-person interview with leader I was going to report into.

Interview Questions

• They ask you too many behavioral questions like "tell me about a time...." So you better be prepared.   1 Answer

Manager, Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

It was tough, but enlightening to see the company culture I was looking for. I had a phone screening with recruiting, then a 4 panel interview with IT and her direct reports, then a follow up one with HR on my management style.

Interview Questions

• All questions were around what kind of environment am I seeking as well as they were seeking someone who had passion and a teamplayer   1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Choice Hotels (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

Two or Three rounds of interview
    phone 1st round interview with manger - Basic Questions
    2nd round coding interview either webex or white board with manager and one developer - Java questions and will ask you to write code.

Interview Questions

• Java , Junit, exception handling   1 Answer