ChoiceStream Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at ChoiceStream

Interviews for Top Jobs at ChoiceStream

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChoiceStream (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Quite simple. Did a phone screen with HR, another with the hiring manager and then did a full-day of interviews in the office. Was offered the job later on that same week.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ChoiceStream (Cambridge, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a job in the Marketing Group at ChoiceStream in February. I was set-up on a phone screen with the VP of Engineering. He knew a lot of people I knew, and had apparently already checked up on me via LinkedIn. Had a solid conversation with him, they brought me in for a 4-hour long interview with an HR person, an analytics person, a software engineer, VP of Marketing, and the VP of engineering that I had spoken to before.

The day before, it appears that there had been layoffs, and a reorg so that the position would be reporting into the VP of Marketing instead of the VP of engineering. This was pretty much a game-changer in my mind as I felt that I had a much better rapport with the original supervisor of the position. After 4+hours, I left. I was contacted by my recruiter in under two weeks to go back in to the place, and the HR person told me that there was an "assignment" that I needed to work on over the weekend for the Monday interview.

I got the email with the assignment in it at roughly 10pm Friday night. It was to be a 'casual, no presentation needed" 1-hour long discussion about the competitors site v. their site. Went in, met with both VP of Engineering and Marketing, discussed numerous ideas, and they then decided to introduce me to the CTO which I thought was a good sign.

After talking to him for an hour, I went home, feeling ok about the process, never sure about interviews really, and waited 3 days until the recruiter called me back to tell me that they were going to pass. When I asked "why", the recruiter said that the HR person was going to reach out to me and give me some more feedback on why. She never did, and I still don't know where the "gaps" were. The only thing I can think is that I should have put a presentation together despite the insistence that I didn't need to, and the CTO questioned me about my lack of B2B experience, which I thought I had made a decent point about my B2C experience being transferable. In any case, it was a long process, with no actual tangible feedback on where I was really lacking.

I'm rating it 'negative' because I thought it was a very confusing experience to be brought in for round 3, be introduced to CTO, and then rejected based on 'gaps' that were never explained to me.

Interview Questions

• How do you speak to developers?   1 Answer

Interview

I've interviewed at many companies in my career, both large and small. I found ChoiceStream to be the most professional, transparent, and well-communicated hiring processes I've ever experienced. Led by their VP of HR, the hiring team moved quickly, communicated frequently, and presented the role consistently from start to finish. Interviewing for a new job is always tough, but it's hard to imagine a company creating a smoother process than I experienced. I was very impressed.

Management Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ChoiceStream in January 2008.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen. This consisted on the normal things; your recent job history, domain of knowledge, recent experience and exposure if any to personalization technology.

This was followed by two on site interviews (due to scheduling constraints two were needed but it could happen in one visit). The on site interviews were similar to the phone interviews except that they explore your background in more detail. Met about about four people that interview separately.

Interview Questions

• A problem solving question regarding how one might go about evaluating, at a high level, any issues encountered with designing the delivering of personalization services to a client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

A reasonable process. Willing to negotiate within a small range.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ChoiceStream in April 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with three people - my headhunter which did a couple of rounds of Q&A, then a HR person for a 30 minute phone screen, and then a 30 minute phone screen with CTO.
    My headhunter was OK as a pass thru, the HR person (Beth) was very professional in her interview style, and the CTO was ho-hum - he was focused on my experience with agile software development and kept asking probing questions to see if I had truly participated in agile.
    A week after the interviews my headhunter reported back that I was too senior. Perhaps too expensive? Three weeks since, they still have the position open.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with Agile software development   Answer Question