ChopShop Entertainment Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at ChopShop Entertainment

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ChopShop Entertainment (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied through a reputable online job board and was reached out to, simply asking me to come in for an interview the following week with specific time slots that fit the interviewer's schedule. I arranged other meetings in the same area on the same day.

At the last minute before the originally scheduled interview, the interviewer informed me that he cannot meet and asked to schedule for the following day. I replied as soon as I received the email, giving him options. I received zero reply to confirm and reached out that next day. We rescheduled for a time that barely fit into my schedule, but I figured it's worthwhile to at least come in and see what the ChopShop team is all about.

Literally running from one meeting to the next, I arrived on the dot of when I said I would, but still had to wait an additional 20 minutes in the practically non-existent lobby of their now-dated 'cool guy' office on the border of the city of Newport Beach. There were a few young women gossiping while sitting in the break area, which is partially divided from the entrance by a decorative shower curtain. One of them was nice enough to offer me a drink as I waited and tried to avoid eye-contact with the various 'babes in bikinis' 'art' around.

As soon as the interviewer came out, he said that he had no space for us to meet and would have to find one. Another few minutes of waiting later, he came back to get me and take me to a half-empty office with what I can only describe as 'overgrown frat party guy' theme.

He went briefly over my resume, asking me some run of the mill questions for about 5 minutes. After this, he claimed that he doesn't like to beat around the bush and said I won't fit in there, er, because of my 'lack of technical project management experience' for a job that had zero about anything of that nature (It was more like my dress size might not fit that was highly implied.) I began recounting my various professional experience managing projects that were, in fact, technical. He became flabbergasted, yet stuck to his irrational and irrelevant argument. No matter, it would never be a great fit because they are not looking for someone who is qualified professionally, but it seems more that they're looking for some eye candy who can do the basic tasks of the job.

Interview Questions