Christie's Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Christie's Administrator Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY).

Interview

if they are looking for someone to fill the position immediately, it does not take long. after the initial meeting with HR, met with a few key members of the department, they checked my references, issued a background check and got the offer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Christie's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Recruited, interviewed twice, and then denied when they hired an intern. It felt like a rather large waste of time. Token rejection candidate anyone? Everyone in HR as well as my interviewers were all very nice, but the interview was very boring, expect the usual situation questions, not many surprises. Disappointing process all around.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress/ What would you do if one of your team members was doing something wrong and you noticed/ how do you prioritize   Answer Question

Christie's Response

Nov 22, 2016 – Recruitment

We appreciate your feedback and will take your comments into consideration. Kind regards, The HR Team

Administrator Interview

Interview

Very basic interview. On the same day, I had interviews with both HR and the specialist department. The interviewers seemed disinterested in my course of study and keener on my experiences, which for a specialist department seem a bit bizarre. From start to finish the process took a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and weeks later received a call from HR. Went for first interview. Days later, called back for second/final interview. Don't expect to get a yes or no from HR. Completely unresponsive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

There were 200 applicants, 30 interviews conducted. It was only the first round of interviews with the HR Recruiter, then you met with two people inside of the department being applied to. Since the department was Post-War Contemporary there was a lot of competition and even though it is listed as an administrator role, they were really looking for someone much more experienced and preferably in-house.

Interview Questions

• Most important to them seems to be experience with (high-level) client relationships and they want specific examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (New York, NY) in December 2008.

Interview

Sat down with dept head and talked about the department in depth, and explaned what I could bring to the table. It was more chit chat than challenge

Interview Questions

• what type of products do you like?   1 Answer
    • how did you become interested in this dept   1 Answer

Negotiation

simple and non negotiable. total take it or leave it attitude.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Christie's (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A friendly chat with two members of staff. They seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me and finding out whether or not the role would be a good fit for me. They had prepared a list of questions which made the conversation feel a little clunky, but nothing too awful.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Christie's (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, this was just a CV and covering letter. I then had two interviews with a Business Manager and a specialist. After the applicants had been whittled down to two or three I had a skype 'chat' with the head of department who was based in NYC. The process was very straightforward and HR was very good about getting back to me on time with feedback. I was offered the job the afternoon of my skype chat and accepted then and there.

Interview Questions

• Why The job, why Christie's, how organised are you, competency based questions. It was more of a chat   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Christie's (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2014.

Interview

sent my CV online.
    3days later, Receive calling from the HR staff to make an appointment for the interview.
    2days later, Interview on Skype.
    2weeks after, Receive the result from calling and emaij.

Interview Questions

• Why did I start to work for the Art Auction company?   1 Answer

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Christie's.

Interview

J'ai obtenu un entretien après avoir postulé en ligne. Premier entretien au téléphone avec deux personnes, nombreuses questions sur mon parcours, mes objectifs, ce que je savais du poste. Deuxième entretien via skype où on a parlé plus précisément du poste et de ce qu'ils attendaient.