Chubb Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chubb Actuarial Interview Questions

Interviews at Chubb

3.6

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chubb in December 2014.

Interview

The process took awhile. I received an email to have a phone interview/screen, and it took place about three weeks after that. After a few days, I got an email asking me to come in to interview with a bunch of their actuaries (around 6 if I remember right). That process was great – I went to both their campuses in New Jersey and the people I met were really friendly. You could tell they really enjoyed doing what they do and that Chubb put them in a position to succeed. The questions weren't overly difficult, mostly behavioral (although there were some brain teasers and technical questions). They took about two months to get back to me though, which is the only part of the process that I didn't really enjoy.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain what the VLOOKUP function does?   Answer Question
  • Why qualities do you have that will make you stand out from the rest as an Actuary?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chubb

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Warren, NJ).

Interview

This was for a job requiring a few years of experience. I applied online, and I got an email request to schedule a phone interview 3-4 days after applying. I had a short phone interview with HR, where they asked me a little about my background, and then I had a chance to ask them questions general about the position and company. About a week after that I got an email from someone else in HR to schedule a phone interview with an actuary. At this time, they also had me fill out a more detailed/formal application than I had originally needed to fill out when applying. I had a 45 minute phone interview where he asked me questions about my experience, what I was looking for in a new role, and he told me about his background, what he liked about the company, and allowed me time to ask him questions. We went a little over the allotted time. The next day, I got a call from HR asking me if I could come in for an on site interview within the next day or two. We arranged a day for me to come in. I had a half day interview with five actuaries. Some of them had lists of prepared questions, which seemed odd - it was not the conversational interview structure I was used to, and some of the prepared questions didn't make sense because they were things I had already answered in response to previous questions, etc. It was hard to get a personal connection with the interviewers. Another of the interviewers asked fairly technical questions - showing me numbers on a page and asking me what my thoughts were, what patterns I saw, etc. It was difficult since I did not have experience in that specific area. The interviewers all also frequently brought up that the position was demanding at certain times of the year, and that it was hard to get study time, vacation time, etc. They all seemed nice, but it didn't feel like a good fit. The culture did not feel very innovative compared to where I worked. I also was not sure I wanted to work in that practice area after learning more about it during the interview. Soon afterwards, I got an offer. The salary was low (not much more than I was already making, and I could expect to be making that within a few months from exam raises and/or merit increases at the company where I was working). Also, the study program was not competitive with the company where I was, and the exam raises were much lower, so I would actually be expecting to be at a lower salary level after a few exams if I accepted. I decided that overall it did not feel like a good career move, and the position didn't feel right for what I was looking for, so I did not try to negotiate salary and declined the offer. Shortly after, ACE bought Chubb, so I felt I made the right decision, since I might have been on the chopping block.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the concept of IBNR to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Chubb (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in November 2018.

Interview

I gave my resume to a speaker at our club and a recruiter reached out later for a phone interview. Then I was invited for an on-site interview with 6 staff members ranging from an analyst to the Actuarial Manager.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb in November 2018.

Interview

took test with multiple parts before the actual interview process, Most Likely to Least Likely of completing actions that relate to every day life as well as hypothetical situations of encountering in the work place in group scenarios and individual situations

Interview Questions

• Most Likely to Least Likely of completing actions that relate to every day life as well as hypothetical situations of encountering in the work place in group scenarios and individual situations   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

phone interview
    whole day interview including lunch

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chubb (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2018.

Interview

Was short - mainly asked questions about my resume. Questioned my experience and drilled home that I did not any previous experience. They were very kind throughout the whole thing and talked about their work and reserving.