Chubb Associate Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chubb Associate Underwriter Interview Questions

Interviews at Chubb

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Warren, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews: 1 video interview and 1 in person interview at the headquarters. Mostly behavioral questions and questions based on my resume. The interviewers were very nice and also got the opportunity to shadow an underwriter and meet with last years hires to know more about the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chubb

Associate Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb in January 2018.

Interview

It took a couple of months afte I applied to receive my initial contact with a phone interview. From there I moved to in person interviews, I received an offer a week later. Everyone I spoke with was wonderful, engaging, and seemed thoroughly happy to be at Chubb.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chubb in August 2018.

Interview

Started off having to record my answers via webcam, and then had an in person interview with a VP, and then a phone interview with another VP. Interviews were pretty conversational and nothing too challenging. I was told after my last interview I’d hear about a decision in a week. After a week went by I reached out and was told it would be around 2 more weeks. I reached out again and was told that I was still being considered for the position but it could take another week or so until a decision was made. I was told by recruiter I would receive an update the following week whether there was a decision made yet or not. A few more weeks went by so I reached out to the recruiter again via phone and left a voicemail, and also emailed a few days after that. Still have not heard back. I understand recruiters can be busy but don’t say you will follow up with someone if you’re not going to. It doesn’t take much effort to send a simple email, either letting someone know they didn’t get the job or letting them know a decision still hasn’t been made. Very disappointed with how this was all handled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted me, phone interview happened, then they contact you about further process. They contacted to set up a time, then called then. They were reliable and on time with process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

After an hour you will get mentally tired from all the questions that range from what kind of person do you work with best to what kind of person frustrates you, to talking about current events and your thoughts on those you provide. Also its all one on one, not a group setting, but in a day you go though 2 interviewers at a time. I believe they all corroborate your stories with each ather, because they write down what you say, and the other person tht interviews you ask one question that the previous one asked.

Interview Questions

• Wht challenges do you expect to face in this position   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have data analysis whether its in school or work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chubb (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

phone interview was scheduled for a saturday. lady was extremely rude and was not receptive to my questions. Didn't even send her a thank you note. If their recruiter is rude I can only imagine what the work environment is like. Would not want to work for them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I applied/interviewed for this position. I was brought in for the first set of interviewing with 3 separate individuals, after a phone interview(I had experience just not this form of UW and was told 98% of individuals who come in DONT have the experience). Waited OVER a month for a decision only to find out I didn't get the job. I applied 5 months later(the position had been reposted) only to find out from the recruiter the reason I wasn't hired prior was because they had given this position to an internal candidate(who came from claims) and they didn't like the role and wanted to go back. So I was scheduled a second set of interviews w/ some of the same individuals(thinking this should be a breeze) they all remembered me and enjoyed speaking to me, blah blah blah. I left there VERY confident(in my mind I KNEW I had the job) I waited around 3 weeks after emailing the recruiter to find it I didn't get the job because they went w/ someone w/ more experience!!! Wait what? More experience? I wasted so much time driving back and forth, and had many conversation, emails back and fourth, and this? I will NEVER apply for another position w/ this company, and I will make sure I tell EVERYONE I know NOT to apply. They have left a very bad taste. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!

Interview Questions

• Do you need experience for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I had one-on-one interview with the operations manager, HR and senior underwriter of the department I was interviewing for. Questions were typical, like tell us more about your experience. Interviewing process was relatively easy. They did not ask too many insurance-specific or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical, like tell us more about your experience. Interviewing process was relatively easy. They did not ask too many insurance-specific or technical questions.   Answer Question

Underwriting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chubb in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call the next week asking me to come in for an interview. I went into the interview and met with 5 different people for 15- 30 mins each. The questions varied from being very behavioral based to just getting to know me better. Overall, it was a very laid back and went smoothly. Be prepared for the typical, "why do you want this job" questions.

Interview Questions

• "What was a mistake you made and how did you learn from it?" "How would your current employees describe you?" "How do you handle conflict?" "How do you handle a large workload?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't in a place to negotiate. The offered salary was very good.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview with an HR person about my basic background and skills. I believe a week later, I had a 1:1 interview with 3 people at the office. Got an offer a few business days later. It went very well from beginning to end. Everyone was very nice and seemed very happy. The office was amazing as well.