Chubb Claims Examiner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chubb Claims Examiner Interview Questions

Interviews at Chubb

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chubb (Simsbury, CT).

Interview

You meet with several people over the course of multiple interviews. I met with 4 people total, including a director. They ask a lot of questions pretty quickly in succession and really mine to get a feel for your personality, professionalism, and how empathetic you are.

Interview Questions

• They employ the STAR process. They ask a lot of questions to gauge how you will respond to sensitive claims such as sexual harassment, because you will represent the company being sued, not the employee filing the claim.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chubb

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Chesapeake, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was easy. The questions tend to be very generic. The first interview was with the recruiter. The follow up interview was in office with 3 supervisors. They each took turns asking questions. The interview lasted less than an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

A Chubb recruiter contacted me for the phone interview and since I already had claims experience just moved me on to the face to face.
    The face to face was in front of a panel of 3 managers. It was pretty straight forward and they literally had a 10 page sheet of questions to fill out. At the end of the interview I asked if they thought I was a good fit because I'm fully qualified and I was told yes. However, I waited a week for them to contact me back and finally called them only to find out they passed me up. Not sure who else they would have found with my years of experience but it happens.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a few days later to set up an over the phone interview with HR. The interview was more so the representative explaining the position and getting to know my work history. Once finished I was told someone would contact me to set up an in person interview. Later that afternoon I received a call to set the 2nd interview. 2nd interview consist of a manager and the offic3 director of claims. It was very comfortable and felt as if we were sitting around the kitchen table just conversating. A few days later I was offered the position contigent on background check. The whole process maybe 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to relay bad news to a customer and it had a positive tirn out?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Offer was more than I currently made.

Claims Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb in April 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received an automatic email asking me to set up a phone screen. After setting up a phone screen a person from an employment agency (I assume they contract out to them) called me promptly on the date/time I chose. The individual asked me specific behavioral questions. She was typing everything I was saying. Asked me to stop talking for 30 seconds to catch up. And they told me that I will receive an email either way. After about 1 week I got an email asking me to set up an interview. After setting up the day/time I got a confirm of the interview and it explained that the interview may last up to 3hrs (it did not, maybe 1hr)! I was to meet 4 different people. When I went in for the interview I was only met by 2 managers. The interview consisted of verification of my past work experience, what I did, how I did it, what would my last manager say about me, etc... After the 2 managers left I met with a manager who just kinda asked very similar questions. I believe they wanted to corroborate my answers. It wasn't that hard and everyone made me feel at ease. I found the screening questions way harder as they wanted you to answer in a SOAR method (Situation, Obstacle, Action, Result). This is important for any interview. I was notified the following day that they wanted to offer me the job. Unfortunately we did not see eye to eye on salary. So I had to walk and take a job with one of their competitors. I've heard a lot of good things about this company so I sorta wished it worked out.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were in charge of a project that was successful.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had to handle a difficult stakeholder and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • What is your current salary? What would you need to make in order to accept this position?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle multiple tasks at the same time that have very close deadlines?   Answer Question

Salary was lower than what I was making currently and they were not willing to offer me my requested salary.