Chubb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chubb Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

2.8

Senior Vice President Interview

Interview

Slooooooooow response. Applied online for a position on 2/28/16. Received a decline letter OVER A YEAR LATER 5/4/17. No contact was ever made or interview conducted by the company. Hope they pay claims faster...

Professional Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

Expected me to bend over backwards changing my schedule, coming in multiple times, commuting from a far distance to interview. I did all of this, prepared for the interview, followed up (with EVERY individual I talked to) and Chubb didn't even have the professional courtesy to email me a "Thanks, but we've gone in another direction" email. Heard the place was miserable ever since the acquisition, but really? Lack of class and professional courtesy.

Casualty Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chubb (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

First interview was by phone with HR. Second was in person interview by two department managers. All very standard behavioral questions, accomplishments, training others, conflict resolution, etc. The two managers had pages of questions to which they filled out the answers as I spoke. (Only as a side note, neither manager offered a glass of water or a cup of coffee, despite the interview lasting over an hour.) Once the two managers finished, one asked if I had time to meet with their manager. I agreed to meet with their manager if the manager had time.

Met with the manager for another hour interview. The manager was aggressive towards me initially, stating, with your work history, I'm sure I know someone who knows you or know of you, or someone somewhere I know will know you, it felt more like a threat then a statement, which took be by surprise. I agreed that the insurance industry is a small world. The manager then asked about some of my more complicated cases, so I explained a couple of the more complicated coverage/liability/serious natured claims I recently handled, which promptly started the one "upsmanship" game. I sat through 4-5 of the managers 'war' stories and the much more complicated cases the manager had handled in their career vs my career. I stopped talking and listened to the war stories. One or two questions after that off of the list of interview questions the manager had. I knew I would not receive a job offer. I believe it's never a good sign having an upper/senior manager "one up" you during your interview.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest accomplishment-what made you feel like an all-star.   1 Answer

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

I Applied online and had a brief phone screening a few days later. Then scheduled an interview for the following week. I met with two people for about 40 minutes and then met with another two people for about 15 minutes. it then took about 3 weeks to hear back.

Professional Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Gave resume through college recruiter, and received the phone call asking for transcript after a month. And then about half month later, asking to come on a onsite interview. However, I never heard the feedback yet.

Interview Questions

• Why actuary?
      Questions based on my past internship experience.
      Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Chubb in January 2017.

Interview

I was referred to Chubb by a temp agency. I was there to see one interviewer but ended up seeing two interviewers. It felt more like an interrogation than an interview. They asked about general things on my resume. However, for a trainee position they expected a lot. IT IS A TRAINEE position.

Senior Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed at Chubb multiple times over the past year and a half and got excellent feedback. Chubb even checked my references which were great for one position and then rejected me. Chubb is a joke and a total waste of my time. I will tell the Chubb recruiter NO next time they ask me to come in again. The place is a zoo.

Interview Questions

• One of the managers provided law school type of questions to answer over a one week period.   Answer Question

Technical File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chubb (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a brief phone screen, and then I had scheduled an in person interview, which must have been the most hostile one I've ever been to. It is clear that this company, seems to have a managled direction after the ACE merger and not sure where to go.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chubb (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about the position, expressed an interest and went through the initial screenings with the recruiter which seemed totally normal. We had a couple of phone screenings and they scheduled an interview with three managers in the office. I went to the interview in the office and it was three separate individual interviews. It seemed overall like a huge waste of my time and I wouldn't frankly recommend applying based on my experience. In addition to not seeming to have any idea of what they really wanted, I was asked inappropriate personal questions about my marital and family status (not sure if that is illegal or not), the interviewers had a laundry list of qualifications they were apparently looking for that were not included on the job application. It has been about three months since my interview and I have followed up with my interviewers and have not heard one word back about the status of my application. It's the most unprofessional job application process I have ever experienced. If you aren't interested in hiring someone, at least send an informal rejection email so they know where they stand. Or, don't waste a candidate's time because you have some internal quota to fill in order to get funding to transfer or train someone within the organization to your location. The job posting has been re-posted several times since my interview.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Simsbury, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

A current employee submitted my resume. It took some time to hear anything but I was patient knowing the process could take time.

A month or so later I received an email from a recruiter for a phone interview. The recruiter went through my resume and asked typical interview questions. A week later I received an email from HR for a panel interview. I was asked the same questions as the phone interview. I received a call the same day for a second panel interview but I had to schedule it for the next day or two. It was a bit of a challenge with my current job but I made it happen. The interview went well and I was told I would hear back soon as they were filling the position in a week or two.

Unfortunately, I never heard anything about the position; even after a follow up email. While I was disappointed that I did not receive an offer, I was more disappointed with the lack of communication at the end of the interview process. A simple reply to my follow up would have made the interview process a positive experience.