Chubb Underwriter Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chubb Underwriter Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

I applied/interviewed for this position. I was brought in for the first set of interviewing with 3 separate individuals, after a phone interview(I had experience just not this form of UW and was told 98% of individuals who come in DONT have the experience). Waited OVER a month for a decision only to find out I didn't get the job. I applied 5 months later(the position had been reposted) only to find out from the recruiter the reason I wasn't hired prior was because they had given this position to an internal candidate(who came from claims) and they didn't like the role and wanted to go back. So I was scheduled a second set of interviews w/ some of the same individuals(thinking this should be a breeze) they all remembered me and enjoyed speaking to me, blah blah blah. I left there VERY confident(in my mind I KNEW I had the job) I waited around 3 weeks after emailing the recruiter to find it I didn't get the job because they went w/ someone w/ more experience!!! Wait what? More experience? I wasted so much time driving back and forth, and had many conversation, emails back and fourth, and this? I will NEVER apply for another position w/ this company, and I will make sure I tell EVERYONE I know NOT to apply. They have left a very bad taste. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!

Interview Questions

• Do you need experience for this position?   1 Answer

Professional Associate- Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Friendly but professional. Standard for what we had discussed over the phone before the interview. Met with different level managers throughout the company, including HR. Everyone was respectful and polite. They were very interested in how I responded to behavioral questions. Nothing technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted me, phone interview happened, then they contact you about further process. They contacted to set up a time, then called then. They were reliable and on time with process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chubb in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call the next week asking me to come in for an interview. I went into the interview and met with 5 different people for 15- 30 mins each. The questions varied from being very behavioral based to just getting to know me better. Overall, it was a very laid back and went smoothly. Be prepared for the typical, "why do you want this job" questions.

Interview Questions

• "What was a mistake you made and how did you learn from it?" "How would your current employees describe you?" "How do you handle conflict?" "How do you handle a large workload?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't in a place to negotiate. The offered salary was very good.

Underwriter Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

I originally interviewed for a Specialty Underwriting Associate position in New York. I received feedback that I did very well but did not receive an offer. I applied for the Underwriter Associate I position immediately after not receiving an offer for the Specialty Underwriting Associate position and asked my recruiter to pass my information along to the hiring manager of the Underwriter Associate I position.

In contrast to the previous position's overly-lengthy interviewing process that took over a month from start to finish, the interviewing process for this position went very quickly and was far more efficient.

A week after submitting my information to the hiring manager, I was scheduled for a single day of interviewing with 3 people of various position titles. Overall, the process lasted ~2 hours and the employees and Chubb were thoroughly professional during the process. I received an offer only 3 days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your understanding of the underwriting process.
      Tell me any factors you think might be considered for the underwriting process of a new line.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a competitive offer from The Hartford for an extremely similar position that I could've used to negotiate, but I feel like I somewhat undersold myself because I did not use this offer to negotiate with Chubb, since my preference was to work for Chubb. Both positions were entry-level and my thought process was that I did not want to build contempt for attempting to negotiate a better offer for an entry-level position.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

I initially applied on company website and about two weeks later had a recruiter call me about a position I appied for. On the phone interview the recruiter talked about company background, position, my backgroud and how I might fit in. Then the recruiter asked if I would like to come in for an in-person interview. I came in the next week and I met with a manager and a supervisor. The 1 on 1 interview was very professional. After I interiewed I recieved an offer about 2 weeks later. Overall it was a great experience as the staff was very friendly and recruiters were very helpful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I called to check status about two weeks after interview and they said that they wanted to offer me a full time position. Recieved offer a few business days after phone call.

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Berkeley Heights, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview with an HR person about my basic background and skills. I believe a week later, I had a 1:1 interview with 3 people at the office. Got an offer a few business days later. It went very well from beginning to end. Everyone was very nice and seemed very happy. The office was amazing as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chubb (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

phone interview was scheduled for a saturday. lady was extremely rude and was not receptive to my questions. Didn't even send her a thank you note. If their recruiter is rude I can only imagine what the work environment is like. Would not want to work for them

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I had one-on-one interview with the operations manager, HR and senior underwriter of the department I was interviewing for. Questions were typical, like tell us more about your experience. Interviewing process was relatively easy. They did not ask too many insurance-specific or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical, like tell us more about your experience. Interviewing process was relatively easy. They did not ask too many insurance-specific or technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

After an hour you will get mentally tired from all the questions that range from what kind of person do you work with best to what kind of person frustrates you, to talking about current events and your thoughts on those you provide. Also its all one on one, not a group setting, but in a day you go though 2 interviewers at a time. I believe they all corroborate your stories with each ather, because they write down what you say, and the other person tht interviews you ask one question that the previous one asked.

Interview Questions

• Wht challenges do you expect to face in this position   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have data analysis whether its in school or work.   Answer Question