Chubb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.8

Technical File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chubb (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a brief phone screen, and then I had scheduled an in person interview, which must have been the most hostile one I've ever been to. It is clear that this company, seems to have a managled direction after the ACE merger and not sure where to go.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chubb (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about the position, expressed an interest and went through the initial screenings with the recruiter which seemed totally normal. We had a couple of phone screenings and they scheduled an interview with three managers in the office. I went to the interview in the office and it was three separate individual interviews. It seemed overall like a huge waste of my time and I wouldn't frankly recommend applying based on my experience. In addition to not seeming to have any idea of what they really wanted, I was asked inappropriate personal questions about my marital and family status (not sure if that is illegal or not), the interviewers had a laundry list of qualifications they were apparently looking for that were not included on the job application. It has been about three months since my interview and I have followed up with my interviewers and have not heard one word back about the status of my application. It's the most unprofessional job application process I have ever experienced. If you aren't interested in hiring someone, at least send an informal rejection email so they know where they stand. Or, don't waste a candidate's time because you have some internal quota to fill in order to get funding to transfer or train someone within the organization to your location. The job posting has been re-posted several times since my interview.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Warren, NJ).

Interview

This was for a job requiring a few years of experience. I applied online, and I got an email request to schedule a phone interview 3-4 days after applying. I had a short phone interview with HR, where they asked me a little about my background, and then I had a chance to ask them questions general about the position and company. About a week after that I got an email from someone else in HR to schedule a phone interview with an actuary. At this time, they also had me fill out a more detailed/formal application than I had originally needed to fill out when applying. I had a 45 minute phone interview where he asked me questions about my experience, what I was looking for in a new role, and he told me about his background, what he liked about the company, and allowed me time to ask him questions. We went a little over the allotted time. The next day, I got a call from HR asking me if I could come in for an on site interview within the next day or two. We arranged a day for me to come in. I had a half day interview with five actuaries. Some of them had lists of prepared questions, which seemed odd - it was not the conversational interview structure I was used to, and some of the prepared questions didn't make sense because they were things I had already answered in response to previous questions, etc. It was hard to get a personal connection with the interviewers. Another of the interviewers asked fairly technical questions - showing me numbers on a page and asking me what my thoughts were, what patterns I saw, etc. It was difficult since I did not have experience in that specific area. The interviewers all also frequently brought up that the position was demanding at certain times of the year, and that it was hard to get study time, vacation time, etc. They all seemed nice, but it didn't feel like a good fit. The culture did not feel very innovative compared to where I worked. I also was not sure I wanted to work in that practice area after learning more about it during the interview. Soon afterwards, I got an offer. The salary was low (not much more than I was already making, and I could expect to be making that within a few months from exam raises and/or merit increases at the company where I was working). Also, the study program was not competitive with the company where I was, and the exam raises were much lower, so I would actually be expecting to be at a lower salary level after a few exams if I accepted. I decided that overall it did not feel like a good career move, and the position didn't feel right for what I was looking for, so I did not try to negotiate salary and declined the offer. Shortly after, ACE bought Chubb, so I felt I made the right decision, since I might have been on the chopping block.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain the concept of IBNR to a 5 year old?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Simsbury, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

A current employee submitted my resume. It took some time to hear anything but I was patient knowing the process could take time.

A month or so later I received an email from a recruiter for a phone interview. The recruiter went through my resume and asked typical interview questions. A week later I received an email from HR for a panel interview. I was asked the same questions as the phone interview. I received a call the same day for a second panel interview but I had to schedule it for the next day or two. It was a bit of a challenge with my current job but I made it happen. The interview went well and I was told I would hear back soon as they were filling the position in a week or two.

Unfortunately, I never heard anything about the position; even after a follow up email. While I was disappointed that I did not receive an offer, I was more disappointed with the lack of communication at the end of the interview process. A simple reply to my follow up would have made the interview process a positive experience.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chubb in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on the company website and got a call from the recruiter about a month later. The recruiter went through my background and resume with me. The recruiter indicated an in person interview for a certain date but did not confirm the date. He later called inquiring why I did not show up. I reminded him he did not confirm with me and I also called to follow up but he did not bother to call back. The hiring manager still wanted to interview me and later scheduled this. I interviewed over a month ago and still have not received a offer or reject. I have called the recruiter twice to follow up to no avail. Very unprofessional hiring practices for a company of this size and scale.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handled a problem employee situation in the past.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you improved a process or practice at your current job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

The interview was quite brief. The interviewer was a pleasant and easy person to talk to. He basically went over your resume. He asked you everything that was on your resume. He explained the company and his work to tell you to help acquaint you to the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   3 Answers

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

It took while to get things started. There seems to be confusion with ACE/Chub and who does what. After numerous follow ups I had several interviews that were about an hour each. No trick questions except 1: if you were on a deserted island, what 3 books would you take with you to read? Most interviews were more conversational and casual.

Interview Questions

• if you were on a deserted island, what 3 books would you take with you to read?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb in June 2016.

Interview

First there was a screening phone interview, mostly focused on who I was and why I was interested in the position. Then I was brought in for an interview and met with two managers for about an hour each.

Interview Questions

• As an intern, what can you bring to the table that other cannot?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chubb (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. The interview was pretty straight forward. The questions were not technical. They asked why I wanted to work there and to tell them about myself. It was pretty standard

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in insurance   1 Answer

Professional Associate- Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chubb (Alpharetta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

This interview process is very laid back. It was a very simply, stress-free conversation between two people. I was called by someone in HR who then set up an interview with very little hesitation to my small availability. I was emailed a detailing of what I needed to do when I got to the office building. In the interview, I sat down with someone who was previously in the position I was applying for. This made it extremely helpful in determining whether or not this was the job I wanted. After about a week, I contacted the interviewer and asked about the position where I was told they were currently making offers for other people, but she then referred me over to another team within the company with open positions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a particularly stressful situation you've been in and how you handled it?
      When was a time where you had to stand up to someone of authority and how did you handle it?   Answer Question