Chubb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Chubb

2.8

Sort:

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb in December 2013.

Interview

The process was very easy and laid back. I was asked in, talked one on one with a representative of the company, they asked a few questions regarding education, career goals, and personality.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to switch careers from your current one to this one?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Warren, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

Caught the attention of the TIS department manager by showing my interest and enthusiasm towards Chubb. I was then contacted for a phone interview, consisting of generic behavioral interview questions. Within a few days, I was asked to come to the Warren headquarters and interview with the leads of each SBU.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about Underwriting? This was a very general question. Very difficult to answer without preparation or prior industry work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent in my case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Contacted me, phone interview happened, then they contact you about further process. They contacted to set up a time, then called then. They were reliable and on time with process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

After an hour you will get mentally tired from all the questions that range from what kind of person do you work with best to what kind of person frustrates you, to talking about current events and your thoughts on those you provide. Also its all one on one, not a group setting, but in a day you go though 2 interviewers at a time. I believe they all corroborate your stories with each ather, because they write down what you say, and the other person tht interviews you ask one question that the previous one asked.

Interview Questions

• Wht challenges do you expect to face in this position   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have data analysis whether its in school or work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chubb (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

phone interview was scheduled for a saturday. lady was extremely rude and was not receptive to my questions. Didn't even send her a thank you note. If their recruiter is rude I can only imagine what the work environment is like. Would not want to work for them

Underwriter I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Chubb (Whitehouse, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

I posted my resume and received a call within a week. I was told that I was going to hear back within a week, no one ever called me. I called the recruiter and left a message, didn't even called back.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with travelling to a place you don't know?   Answer Question

Underwriter I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about 20mins had about 3 behavioral questions. 24hrs later received invite for face to face interv. Interview lasted longer than scheduled.... which was a good thing. Offer received 2 days later.

Negotiation

Easy!

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail from HR a few days later about scheduling a phone interview which was mainly walking through my resume. A few days later after the phone interview received a follow-up e-mail from HR about them being interested and will schedule an in office interview. A week after, received a phone call about scheduling an in office interview for next week. In office, I interviewed with HR and four other underwriters. Each interview was 45 minutes each. Interviews were very relaxed and casual. No challenging questions, mostly behavioral. Everybody was very nice and eager to learn about you.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a decision? Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to be an underwriter? Why Chubb? How would your last manager describe you?   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

1) Applied through their website
    2) Received request for initial phone interview
    -very generic questions; mainly questions about past experiences and how you think it can be applied in this position; total of about 20 minutes
    3) Received request for in-person interviews
    -there were 8 other candidates in my pool; we were 1 of a few pools (I don't know exactly how many)
    -first interview was with an senior underwriter
    -second interview was with HR rep
    -total, the entire day took up about 4 hours
    4) Received request for 2nd round of in-person interviews
    -first interview was with the AVP of commercial underwriting; asked very few questions, didn't even seem interested, talked mostly football (?)
    second interview was with VP of commercial underwriting; this interview was odd, she kept bringing up the show "The Office" and how working at Chubb would be nothing like working in "The Office" (thanks, really?)
    -Last but not least, IQ test; there were lots of questions, mostly math, no calculators and we only had about 15 minutes, just answer as many as you can (it was difficult)

Interview Questions

• My college education was bare on the mathematics side so the VP asked me to justify why my education sufficiently displays my mathematical/financial acumen.   Answer Question

Interview

The process started with several rounds of phone interviews with senior underwriters. The questions were straight forward for the most part and seemed to be more conversational. After the phone interviews came the in office interviews. These interviews were conducted by managers and the questions were geared more towards the position itself.