Chubb Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chubb Underwriter Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chubb (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about the position, expressed an interest and went through the initial screenings with the recruiter which seemed totally normal. We had a couple of phone screenings and they scheduled an interview with three managers in the office. I went to the interview in the office and it was three separate individual interviews. It seemed overall like a huge waste of my time and I wouldn't frankly recommend applying based on my experience. In addition to not seeming to have any idea of what they really wanted, I was asked inappropriate personal questions about my marital and family status (not sure if that is illegal or not), the interviewers had a laundry list of qualifications they were apparently looking for that were not included on the job application. It has been about three months since my interview and I have followed up with my interviewers and have not heard one word back about the status of my application. It's the most unprofessional job application process I have ever experienced. If you aren't interested in hiring someone, at least send an informal rejection email so they know where they stand. Or, don't waste a candidate's time because you have some internal quota to fill in order to get funding to transfer or train someone within the organization to your location. The job posting has been re-posted several times since my interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chubb

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Simsbury, CT) in August 2016.

Interview

A current employee submitted my resume. It took some time to hear anything but I was patient knowing the process could take time.

A month or so later I received an email from a recruiter for a phone interview. The recruiter went through my resume and asked typical interview questions. A week later I received an email from HR for a panel interview. I was asked the same questions as the phone interview. I received a call the same day for a second panel interview but I had to schedule it for the next day or two. It was a bit of a challenge with my current job but I made it happen. The interview went well and I was told I would hear back soon as they were filling the position in a week or two.

Unfortunately, I never heard anything about the position; even after a follow up email. While I was disappointed that I did not receive an offer, I was more disappointed with the lack of communication at the end of the interview process. A simple reply to my follow up would have made the interview process a positive experience.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

two rounds. 1st interview was for fit, 2nd interview was with the hiring managers. Since I was coming straight out of college they didn't ask me any technical questions. It was more about personality and interest in insurance.

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

2 interviews. One with the Underwriting Manager the other with HR. It was mostly for fit after a few quick technical questions. Everyone wanted to just chat .

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb in December 2013.

Interview

The process was very easy and laid back. I was asked in, talked one on one with a representative of the company, they asked a few questions regarding education, career goals, and personality.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to switch careers from your current one to this one?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb in March 2013.

Interview

Panel Interivew with seven managers---all asking different questions, it was not that bad, but not all that helpful for me as they interviewweee. I'm not sure if that approach is that best way to actually interview candidates but from what I tell it's their standard approach.

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Chubb in November 2011.

Interview

Three rounds of interview at a nice office in downtown. Friendly and experienced people. Questions like walk through your resume, why you want to work for Chubb etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Simsbury, CT) in May 2010.

Interview

First was a phone interview. Kind of awkward, typical HR questions, interviewer seemed inexperienced or bored, didn't think I did too well.

Was contacted a couple weeks later for an on site interview. Consisted of two one on one interviews, and a second group interview. Nothing to stressful, explained the position and the department. A few questions on my experience and background. Took about 2 hours.

Thought the second interview went much better than the first, but never hard anything back.

Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Warren, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

Caught the attention of the TIS department manager by showing my interest and enthusiasm towards Chubb. I was then contacted for a phone interview, consisting of generic behavioral interview questions. Within a few days, I was asked to come to the Warren headquarters and interview with the leads of each SBU.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about Underwriting? This was a very general question. Very difficult to answer without preparation or prior industry work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-existent in my case.

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Was contacted about 2 weeks after submission of application. Had an interview day filled with 3 different sessions. Mostly personality questions, not overly technical at all.

Interview Questions

• (showed me a water bottle) what types of things would you look for if you are insuring the manufacturer of this bottle?   1 Answer