Chubb Underwriter Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chubb Underwriter Trainee Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Simsbury, CT) in February 2016.

Interview

Since Chubb is just acquired by Ace Corp, they are currently in the state of expansion, which means they are looking for large volumes of new potential employees to fill the new positions. I was referred to by a connection, and was called to come in for an interview. I first engaged in a group interview with the team members that I will be working with, if hired. Then I met with two other managers on a 1:1 interview on the same day. 3 total interviews were conducted back-to-back on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Are you a quick decision-maker or an analytical decision-maker? This is followed up by, "If you are an analytical thinker and had to make a quick decision, how would you do it?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chubb

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail from HR a few days later about scheduling a phone interview which was mainly walking through my resume. A few days later after the phone interview received a follow-up e-mail from HR about them being interested and will schedule an in office interview. A week after, received a phone call about scheduling an in office interview for next week. In office, I interviewed with HR and four other underwriters. Each interview was 45 minutes each. Interviews were very relaxed and casual. No challenging questions, mostly behavioral. Everybody was very nice and eager to learn about you.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a decision? Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to be an underwriter? Why Chubb? How would your last manager describe you?   Answer Question

Underwriting Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

The interview process is very detailed and took a number of months. I applied around 3-4 months prior to getting a response to the job post. By the time I got the job post I - on one day - had to be interviewed with 4 individuals. This is customary with Chubb interviews. Each interviewee took 30 mins to a hour and ranged from totally intense to very relaxed. Later I learned that that all discussed the questions asked and how I responded in each interview before making the final decision. After this point it took a month before I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• It's the end of the day and you are set to head out but you get a call from a broker asking for you to process a rush request what do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was pretty straight forward. The hr person was up front from the start as was I.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chubb (Denver, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

Met with four people. Wasn't very difficult. Very relaxed. Brought me in to the office,
    Met with different office heads. Got called back in a week later. The offices were nice. Took a long time. Several months with a lot of time in between contact with office.

Interview Questions

• What's one challenge that you were able to over come and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Interview

The process started with several rounds of phone interviews with senior underwriters. The questions were straight forward for the most part and seemed to be more conversational. After the phone interviews came the in office interviews. These interviews were conducted by managers and the questions were geared more towards the position itself.

Underwriting Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

I received a call inviting me in for an interview for the following week. I came in for an afternoon of four separate interviews 45-60 minutes in length. The questions were pretty standard and since I was prepared and had had some interview experience in the insurance industry so it wasn't that bad. I interviewed on a Tuesday and received an offer on Friday of the same week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Warren, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and got a phone screen after 3-4 weeks. Phone interview were very general behavioral questions, took about 20-30minutes. Then got an offer to come in for an on-site interview, which were 6 interviews with different managers. There were about 30 candidates total in the pool and more than half of them had relatives working at the company already. I thought it was decent position for a recent college graduate like myself, but the trainee position consisted about a year long, and they put you in any branch they want you to work in after. Overall, it was good interview experience, although the underwriter managers seemed little uptight.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chubb (Simsbury, CT).

Interview

The come off being very unorganized with the interview process. They called me about two different positions, but didn't set up interviews for either during those calls. Eventually, they contacted me to set up an a phone interview. The interview went smoothly, but never heard from them again after.

Interview Questions

• No questions stuck out. There were few of them and they were basic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

1) Applied through their website
    2) Received request for initial phone interview
    -very generic questions; mainly questions about past experiences and how you think it can be applied in this position; total of about 20 minutes
    3) Received request for in-person interviews
    -there were 8 other candidates in my pool; we were 1 of a few pools (I don't know exactly how many)
    -first interview was with an senior underwriter
    -second interview was with HR rep
    -total, the entire day took up about 4 hours
    4) Received request for 2nd round of in-person interviews
    -first interview was with the AVP of commercial underwriting; asked very few questions, didn't even seem interested, talked mostly football (?)
    second interview was with VP of commercial underwriting; this interview was odd, she kept bringing up the show "The Office" and how working at Chubb would be nothing like working in "The Office" (thanks, really?)
    -Last but not least, IQ test; there were lots of questions, mostly math, no calculators and we only had about 15 minutes, just answer as many as you can (it was difficult)

Interview Questions

• My college education was bare on the mathematics side so the VP asked me to justify why my education sufficiently displays my mathematical/financial acumen.   Answer Question

Underwriting Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chubb.

Interview

A series of interviews and discussions

Interview Questions

• What kind of animal do the interviewers remind you of?   Answer Question