Chubb Interview Questions in Whitehouse Station, NJ | Glassdoor

3.1

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chubb (Whitehouse Station, NJ).

Interview

Be sure to do your background on the company before you get started. The people who interviewed me where the supervisors who I ended up working under. They were really nice and though they asked a lot of those "describe a scenario" questions their demeanor made it easy to get through. Come prepared.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Chubb Insurance, this job specifically?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chubb (Whitehouse Station, NJ).

Interview

Following a brief phone interview, I was invited to a full day of interviews with ~12 different people at their 2 complexes. I enjoied the conversations I had, however it was impossible to get in contact with someone following the interview. Very disrespectful

Legal Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chubb (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR on LinkedIn. We spoke through emails until we decided to set up an interview. Couple days later, I had a 3 hour interview scheduled. They worked with my schedule which was fantastic. I met with the attorney I would be working unde first, then the managing attorney, then the HR rep I had been talking with. All three were professional and kind. Basic interview questions. It was a very informative interview as well as questioning about myself. It was a very pleasant interview process, and they gave me an offer 2 days after I interviewed. I accepted and I'm looking forward to working for them all.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. Why I'm leaving, what type of work I do now, why I'm interested in the position, explaining previous jobs.   Answer Question

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chubb (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Went to Whitehouse Station, met with 4 different Underwriting managers, great experience, also met with a trainee. They discussed everything an underwriter does and tried to determine if your skill set would be a good fit. Also submitted a piece of my writing. The trainee took us to get lunch in the cafeteria and then we had about an hour to ask her any questions, which I found to be very helpful.

Underwriter Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

I originally interviewed for a Specialty Underwriting Associate position in New York. I received feedback that I did very well but did not receive an offer. I applied for the Underwriter Associate I position immediately after not receiving an offer for the Specialty Underwriting Associate position and asked my recruiter to pass my information along to the hiring manager of the Underwriter Associate I position.

In contrast to the previous position's overly-lengthy interviewing process that took over a month from start to finish, the interviewing process for this position went very quickly and was far more efficient.

A week after submitting my information to the hiring manager, I was scheduled for a single day of interviewing with 3 people of various position titles. Overall, the process lasted ~2 hours and the employees and Chubb were thoroughly professional during the process. I received an offer only 3 days later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your understanding of the underwriting process.
      Tell me any factors you think might be considered for the underwriting process of a new line.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a competitive offer from The Hartford for an extremely similar position that I could've used to negotiate, but I feel like I somewhat undersold myself because I did not use this offer to negotiate with Chubb, since my preference was to work for Chubb. Both positions were entry-level and my thought process was that I did not want to build contempt for attempting to negotiate a better offer for an entry-level position.

Commercial Underwriting Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chubb (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

It started with a phone interview that was fairly basic, your average phone interview. About two months (!) later I was brought in for the first round of in-person interviewing which was 5, 30 minute interviews each of which was with different HR or Management administrators. All of them asked mainly basic questions such as when was a time you worked with a team to come to a solution? or what is a time you had to negotiate? There was also a writing sample where you have to answer what the role of an underwriter is and what experience you have that is applicable to it. The second round of in-person interviewing was another 6, 30-minute interviews with branch managers from other cities. Similar questions, but some were more direct to insurance and underwriting.

Interview Questions

• How will you sell your insurance or company to someone who doesn't think they need insurance? How will you separate yourself from other businesses?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview first with an HR rep, then an in-person interview with the department head

Personal Lines Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

The first round of interviews involved 4 different 1:1 interviews in one day, ach lasting 30 minutes. The second round of interviews involved 2 1:1 interviews with upper management and Human Resources. They are looking for people that are able to provide excellent customer service under sometimes difficult circumstances. If you can display perserverance, customer service savvy, and a willingness to learn the trade, you'll be fine. AND BE ON TIME !!!