Chungdahm Learning English Instructor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Chungdahm Learning English Instructor Interview Questions

2.5

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning.

Interview

Eight years ago, it was apply through an email to their recruiting company, Aclipse. They email and contact you via phone. You had to complete an essay and a questionnaire. Today, they add a video testimonial. They also test your grammar, English and "teachability" when you land in S.K. and do your week long, unpaid, teacher training program in Seoul.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle problematic students?
    How do you deal with multiracial environments?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chungdahm Learning

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and a recruiter contracted me. I went through a phone screening first; they asked about my accomplishments during college and any work and/or work experience. Later, they asked situational and behavioral questions. After I passed the phone interview process, I went through a training process in S. Korea to determine if I am suitable for the job.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions on how I would teach a class. For example, how would you explain a difficult word to a student?   Answer Question

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning.

Interview

I went though their US recruiter (Aclipse). First, I applied through their website and received a call within 10 days to set up a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a student who doesn't understand the meaning of a word?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview is very standard. The initial interview is over the phone. They asked questions like describe the difference between stare and glare. After you are hired it really comes down to you and accepting a contract. Dont feel like you have to accept the first contract that is sent to you. You can wait to for one in a specific city or area. You can also decline a contract based on the age of students.

Interview Questions

• The difference between stare and glare.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

The phone interview is a joke. Once you get to the 'training' they spend the entire week trying to psych you out with materials you never end up using. Overall a waste of time and stress. If you don't pass the 'training' then you don't get your plane ticket reimbursed but the entire thing is completely subjective.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

For negotiations, I was lied to and told that my pay rate would be based on my 'training results'. The training is a pass/fail and there are no other evaluations.

English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

They will call you from Chungdahm Learning and give you two to three situations you might run into during class and ask what you would do in those situations. Also, they will ask you to provide them with an essay written on their given topic. Then you will get a skype call from the branch HI for another interview.

Interview Questions

• Situational events in a classroom. For example, if one student is being disruptive, what would you do?   1 Answer

English Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Busan (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning (Busan (South Korea)) in July 2011.

Interview

US agency calls you (Aclipse), phone interview, video intro, other documents, online application again through CDI, fly over, cram one week for miserable unpaid training session with rude and unqualified company representatives, no time to enjoy the city, pass performance evaluation and other tests, immediately get hauled to job like a human trafficked slave. people who failed cry

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just say yes

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning (Seoul (South Korea)) in June 2011.

Interview

The training is not all too difficult. You will need to follow instructions very carefully during the week of your training and be sure to take notes during each seminar. The training is essentially an unpaid informational that you will need to sit through for the next 5 days and put up with LONG hours. Get through the initial hiring process, and you'll be sure to have a cushy job at the end.

Interview Questions

• The two most important tasks that you will need to complete during training is, to pass the mock teaching exercise and the grammar test.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning (Seoul (South Korea)) in April 2011.

Interview

I had a one-one interview with a person from Headquarter with was about 30 minutes long. I then had to go through a 2 week training program --- with fellow trainees --- where I learned about the company and it's teaching methodology. Throughout training, teachers had to teach mock lessons. The contract was only offered at the end of training if the teacher's performance was up to par with Chungdahm's standards.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to elaborate on my previous teaching experience.   Answer Question

English Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chungdahm Learning in July 2010.

Interview

1) Applied to a position online.
    2) Received an e-mail to arrange a phone interview.
    3) Phone interview-- asked to describe the difference between "glare" and "stare" to a young student.
    4) One week training session-- Company presentation. Given training materials for the class(es) you will be teaching once placed in location. Training consists of an initial series of very short tests based on information provided online. Then you will watch and perform "mock" teaching sessions in a group setting with a trainer. Then you must pass a short test, filling in the blank sections of a classroom teaching structure, which is provided in your training material. Pretty straight forward.
    5) If you pass everything, you're hired and placed into your location!

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between "glare" and "stare" to a fifth grade student.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is a brief negotiation stage before your sign the contract. There is room to negotiate the amount of payment, but it's difficult to increase pay more than $1/hour, if at all. I didn't negotiate because I thought the amount stipulated in the contract was fair.