Church & Dwight Interview Questions in Ewing, NJ | Glassdoor

Interviews at Church & Dwight

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ).

Interview

The entire interview process from phone interview to offer took about 12 weeks. It was for a completely new role, which I think lended to an extended interview process. I had several rounds of interviews with different levels of employees including senior management. My HR rep was amazing and she kept me informed every step of the way and followed up with next steps. Each round of interviews was a series of one on ones with multiple people. One of the positives of meeting different levels of people is that you can better gauge the people and workplace you may be entering and make a better judgement whether the company is the right fit for you. The process reinforced my decision to accept an offer from Church & Dwight.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself...
      Are you accustomed to working cross-functionally with multiple departments and teams?
      Some questions are more specific like "Tell me about a time..." Very problem and solution driven. Real workplace scenarios and challenges that you had to overcome and how.   Answer Question

Customer Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in July 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager in late July 2019 for a 30 minute phone interview. The phone interview was a normal drill list of questions. When I asked if she could tell me more about the daily routine of the role, she couldn't explain it (red flag to me). Before the call ended, she already sent me an invitation to do the second round of interviews, digital. I completed the interview within two business days and never heard back from any of the recruiting team. I reached out to the recruiter after a week and a half of silence and she still didn't respond. After four more days, I contacted her once more via email because she didn't leave any phone number to call. One minute after I emailed the recruiter directly, I received a generic automated rejection email from the general C&D inbox. I'm not upset about getting passed over for the position. I'm upset by how unprofessional and rude the recruiter/this interview process was for not even giving me the common courtesy of updating me on my application status. Then, at the end, I wasn't even given the respect of an email from the recruiter. I think Church & Dwight is a fine company, but if HR is going to take time from people's lives to interview them and then display this level of disrespect, I have to wonder if the culture is as great as I originally thought.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in March 2019.

Interview

My interview was performed rather quickly...my manager was very clear on what she was looking for. It didn't take long to determine that we had much common regarding the position and prior experience. I had been looking for this type of opportunity but had never worked as a contractor. But it was the best decision that I ever made.

Interview Questions

• Describe situations where I was flexible. Was I willing to take on new challenges? What type of supervisor / management style.   Answer Question

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in July 2018.

Interview

I was sourced through a staffing agency, where I had a brief phone screening before being set up for an in-person interview at their Ewing campus. There I met separately with two managers that led the team I would be working on. One was more personality based, and the other was more experience and skills based where he asked specific technical questions to get a feel for the skills I had. All in all it was fairly conversational and a pleasant experience, and I was told just a few days later by my recruiter that they had chosen me.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to work with a difficult co-worker or manager and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in April 2018.

Interview

C&D HR Talent acquisition team found me on LinkedIn for two of their available positions. It was a 10 minute brief phone call about my background and who they were looking for. The hiring committee decided to interview me after HR’s initial feedback. Interview was roughly two hours where I met HR, manager, director & director and manager for the second position. After face to face interview, HR called me two days later that hiring team would like to extend the offer.

Interview Questions

• We went over my background and how I can contribute to the team, they also asked few behavioral questions, strengths, weakness, situation scenario questions, interests   Answer Question

Social Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in March 2018.

Interview

The process took about a month. I had a phone interview with HR and then I was asked to complete a digital interview through HireVue. About a week later I was asked to come in for an interview and I met with multiple members of my team for about a half hour each. The next week they asked me to complete a test project and an offer was made a few days after that.

ECommerce Architect, Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

The first step was a call with an external recruiter. Next, I was invited to a face-to-face interview in their office Ewing, NJ. The interview with ITDirector was very short, unprofessional and 2 times interrupted by employees. Simply she wanted to know how to set up an e-commerce organization only. After the interview, I didn't get any answer from her and the recruitment company, even I did 2 follow-ups.

Interview Questions

• how to organize an e-commerce organization for new brands?   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is not completed but it has been a professional one so far. I was interviewed on the phone for about thirty minutes. Which followed by a digital interview completed three days after the telephone interview. Will update as it processes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new opportunity at this time?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

If you application is selected, you will get a phone call and start with a phone interview. From there, you will be invited to do a video interview where you have to answer outload questions that appear on the screen. If you pass the video interview, you will be invited for a face to face interview. This last about 4 hours and you will be with 4-6 different people. Candidly, I have to say that this is the rudest company. After participating in the full interview process, I never received a response. I did follow up (several times). But after the amount of time that I spent interviewing, it would have been respectful had they sent me a note that at least said thanks, but no thanks.

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ewing, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Church & Dwight (Ewing, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about 4 weeks from start to finish. I applied online and received feedback from a recruiter by the end of the week. I completed a digital interview through HireVue, where I was asked about 5 questions on my marketing experience and behavorial questions.After that I was asked to come to Ewing for an on-site interview. I met with 5 different people for about 30 minutes each. The questions asked were mainly behavorial. I heard back within a week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you failed?   Answer Question
    • Why Church & Dwight?   Answer Question
    • Have you used Nielsen?   Answer Question
    • You are the brand manager of a product whose sales have been flat for the last five years. However, the brand's market share has been growing by 5% per year for the last five years. What may be happening here?   1 Answer