Ciber Interview Questions in Detroit, MI | Glassdoor

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Desktop Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ciber (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed up by online test.

They claim to be a placement firm but are only a resume forwarding scam company.

They have no relationships with employers and cannot contact hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• What am I currently making.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ciber (Detroit, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

There were two phone interviews, then finally a face to face interview. Still waiting for a face to face interview and looking forward to it.

The phone interviews were very thorough and I was asked a lot of questions.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ciber (Detroit, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

Screening, recorded video, face to face

Interview Questions

Recruiter found me on LinkedIn for a position at a client that was going through an acquisition and was way behind schedule. I crushed the interview and was offered the position 2 days later. The pay was below my market value but I understood that going in. The recruiter pressured me for an answer, was calling every hour - finally, I told her to back off because I needed to discuss it with my wife. I declined the offer because I knew the project would be long hours (which I was okay with) but Ciber would not pay me extra or give me comp time, so my overtime would be free. I later learned they would be billing the client for O/T but would keep the money for themselves. So managers pressure you to give away free work as it goes right into their pockets. This may violate the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ciber (Detroit, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

The first interview is with a recruiter to identify basic information about your background. Typically 15-30 minutes.
    Next you will interview over the phone with someone who will ask you more detailed questions. Typically 30min to an hour. Lastly you will interview with the client to see if you will be a good fit for the site.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be sure to get everything offered to you in writing and ensure that it is a part of your final package once you start.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ciber (Detroit, MI) in April 2009.

Interview

My assignment was transferred from my old employer to CIBER. Basically, it was agreement on the terms of CIBER's offer to me. If I accepted I returned back to my assignment. Otherwise, my assignment at my account would end.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ciber (Detroit, MI) in November 2008.

Interview

Very long and frustrating. The interviewer was not fully aware of what was going on at the contract site, and did not remain in contact during the hiring process. They have an odd benefits structure - be certain that the salary that they're offering includes benefits, or the ability to gain benefits.

Ciber is a headshop, plain and simple. The people, however, were very friendly and nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe REST versus SOAP? (I'm not kidding).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Slow, very, very slow.