Ciena Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ciena Engineering Interview Questions

2.5

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum Heights, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ciena (Linthicum Heights, MD) in July 2008.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about the job opening. The recruiter collected my CV and cover letter. Did not hear anything back for a couple weeks. Then, I was called back by the recruiter who indicated the company wanted me to come for an in-person interview. The interview day consisted of a series of 1-on-1 and 1-on-2. Interviews consisted of mostly work-history related questions and many opportunities to find out about what the job requires. There were no behavioral questions. The process was very low stress. I should add that it was for a rather small group within the organization.

Interview Questions

• [paraphrasing] How do you handle multiple deadlines and requirements when you don't have enough time for all of them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did this through the negotiator. They met my initial target salary that I stated to the recruiter. I was able to stretch my starting date a week out (I had wanted to push out it 2 weeks more) and that was the extent of my negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Ciena

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ciena (Kanata, ON (Canada)) in November 2008.

Interview

Interview consisted of a one on one with a senior manager. The interview was fairly relaxed, the interviewer just ran through my resume and asked me about my previous work experience and describe what I did there. No technical questions were asked, just running through my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you did at (previous employer name)?   1 Answer