Ciena Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

2.9

Commercial Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ciena (Miramar, FL).

Interview

Phone screen, one on one, and phone interviews. Everybody was very pleasant and friendly. When having the phone interviews was very easy to communicate and have an impression of the person doing the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose Ciena to make a career change?   1 Answer

Ciena Response

Feb 28, 2016 – Talent Acquisition and HR CALA

Thanks for your feedback and interest in being part of our team!

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ciena (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was quite simple and nice really. I was asked about my experience (I already had two internships before this), and what I did/know. Then I was told what they do and how things will be. I was mostly concerned about if I'll learn from them and I did.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you know and have done in your other internships   Answer Question

Technical Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ciena (San Jose, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Starting with HR phone interview, the HR recruiter asked all the right questions regarding my experiences with examples. Specifically, questions on examples of my past achievements, challenges in management role, and what I want to accomplish in my next job. Great interview and interaction throughout.

Interview Questions

• Examples of my most memorable achievement, how did I achieve it, how did I overcome challenges   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ciena.

Interview

The interview process is unprofessional I think. They booked the flight for my onsite, the round trip and interview were in one day. I don't have time for the lunch during the whole interview day.
    After the interview, they didn't give me any response to tell me I was rejected or not.
    Months later, I suddenly receive offer from them. But after that, no response any more, even I emailed them to ask about this. And several weeks later, I was told that the they consider other candidates and the offer does not count.....

Interview Questions

• background skills, projects you have been working on. The technique questions related with the role   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ciena (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Typical.
    Phone,
    Face to Face
    More Phone with larger team
    Offer

The most difficult item and out of my control ( Directly) was they checked every reference I provided and it was a very long list. The most detailed of any company ever.

Interview Questions

• The usual around who you know and what you have accomplished. Some people were more challenging than others.
      They typical. Why should I hire you I don't need you... Just to see you squirm and how you handle it. The executive manager asked this...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ciena in February 2015.

Interview

phone screening, total 5 technical rounds among them they are testing personal skill as well and one of the good thing is interviewer attitude will put you in comfortable zone

Interview Questions

• networking questions, OS concepts and programming skills in c data structures   Answer Question

Solution Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ciena (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Initial screening was done by the hiring manager over the phone and then called for a onsite interview with 3 rounds of technical and 1 round of hiring manager interview.
    Technical interviews were moderate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ciena.

Interview

Received a call from the company's recruiter few weeks after applying online. She scheduled a flight for me to meet with the Hiring Manager at an airport. It was very laid back, manager did not ask anything technical.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ciena (Hanover, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

HR call, then call with manager, then on-site interview. Basic questions about your resumes and personality. some specific job required questions. Overall, pretty easy and simple. learn about the position as questions will be about that.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ciena.

Interview

I been contacted by a recruiter a day or so after submitting my application and we scheduled for a phone interview for a couple days later. In the meantime, I studied up like crazy on the company, practiced mock interviews, etc. I also moved some one of my own meetings out of the way, since the interview had already been pushed back once by the recruiter. About an hour prior to the interview starting, I received an e-mail stating that they were cancelling the interview and that I was not going to be considered for the position any further because the hiring manager had identified their top two candidates.

I'm a realist and I know that a job offer is not a guarantee when you're so early on in the process. However, I've never experienced an interview process like that before and was, to put it mildly, justifiably upset at not having even had the chance to interview after all the prep work I had put in.