Ciena Senior Software QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ciena (San Jose, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I contacted the recruiter via LinkedIn and got an interview call. I first had a phone interview with the hiring manager and then was called over for a 1:1 interview. The on-site interview consisted of 6 rounds and one of it was through video conferencing and the other was a group interview with 5 people. The interview was very technical with questions mostly about various L2/L3 protocols. I was expected to know the packet format for almost all protocols. A lot of questions on QoS and how it can be tested. A lot of questions on iTest automation tool. Some basic testing questions like how will you come up with a test plan, how will file a defect, most difficult/complicated issue that you've found etc. The entire team was very friendly and the work culture was great. Would have loved to join them.

Interview Questions

• Describe the packet format for PBB, PB, IPv6, IPv4, Ethernet along with the size of each field   1 Answer

The offer was very less compared to other offers.