Cigna Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cigna Actuarial Interview Questions

3.5

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

I met the recruiter at my university's career fair. Introduced myself, and the recruiter quickly went over my resume and asked a few typical fit questions such as why Cigna and do you have leadership experience. Was not invited to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Why Cigna? Do you have leadership Experience? Have you passed exam P/FM?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. I applied on the website and had an interview. It went well at first, but I did not answer some behavioral questions well. No technical questions in the first round--just get prepared for teamwork experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screening. Most difficult phone screening I have ever had. They really wanted to see if you knew about the healthcare industry. Afterwards I was contacted for an on site interview. Onsite interviews were difficult as well. 4 interviews with an unofficial interview for lunch. The interviewers were very kind and wanted to get to know you better. A lot of behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO of Cigna, what would you focus on to cut healthcare costs? What are potential problems that can occur during a merger or acquisition?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a 30-min phone interview, and I was contacted directly by an actuary. He was very friendly, and talked a lot about his past experience with me. He kind of expected me to know more about Obama care, which I am really not familiar with because I am an international student. I guess it left him a bad impression.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with a actuary at Cigna, and it took for about one hour which it is very long and some questions are technical and some behavioral questions, such as Obama care, health insurance history, revolution of health insurance(you own opinion), why health?, why cigna (some unique answer)

Interview Questions

• History of health insurance   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna in September 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a campus representative during a career fair. I had two consecutive 25 minute interviews on campus during the next week. The questions were mostly behavioral with a few critical thinking ones mixed in. Each of my interviewers were young members in the Actuarial student program.

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview after submitting my application one month later. The phone interview lasts 30 mins. The interviewer went over my resume and asked some normal behavior questions. The questions included tell me about yourself, tell me a leadership experience, why do you want to work in Cigna, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online
    First interview was by phone, very rigorous. Was expected to have a significant amount of knowledge regarding healthcare, specifically "Obamacare".

After phone interview, I had an in person interview. There were several interviews that day, including a lunch with several members of the company.

Interview Questions

• General questions about healthcare that I had not really known too much about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

They posted on my university's career website, and I applied via the link there. Two rounds of phone interview and one on-site interview. On-site interviews are mostly one-on-one with actuaries from different divisions, and they are very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT).

Interview

First round interview was a phone interview with basic behavioral questions. Second round interview I was brought onto their campus. Consisted of one 1 hour interview, 3 45 min interviews, and a lunch.

Interview Questions

• A train left station A going 20 mph, and at the same time a train left station B going 15 mph. A bird sat on top of train A and started flying at 40 mph as soon as train A left. The bird flew to train B, then back to train A, then back to train B, and so on, until the two trains met. The track is 70 miles long. How many miles did the bird fly?   2 Answers