Cigna Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cigna Actuarial Interview Questions

Interviews at Cigna

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with a actuary at Cigna, and it took for about one hour which it is very long and some questions are technical and some behavioral questions, such as Obama care, health insurance history, revolution of health insurance(you own opinion), why health?, why cigna (some unique answer)

Interview Questions

• History of health insurance   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screening. Most difficult phone screening I have ever had. They really wanted to see if you knew about the healthcare industry. Afterwards I was contacted for an on site interview. Onsite interviews were difficult as well. 4 interviews with an unofficial interview for lunch. The interviewers were very kind and wanted to get to know you better. A lot of behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO of Cigna, what would you focus on to cut healthcare costs? What are potential problems that can occur during a merger or acquisition?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Madison, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a 30-min phone interview, and I was contacted directly by an actuary. He was very friendly, and talked a lot about his past experience with me. He kind of expected me to know more about Obama care, which I am really not familiar with because I am an international student. I guess it left him a bad impression.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online
    First interview was by phone, very rigorous. Was expected to have a significant amount of knowledge regarding healthcare, specifically "Obamacare".

After phone interview, I had an in person interview. There were several interviews that day, including a lunch with several members of the company.

Interview Questions

• General questions about healthcare that I had not really known too much about.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna in September 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a campus representative during a career fair. I had two consecutive 25 minute interviews on campus during the next week. The questions were mostly behavioral with a few critical thinking ones mixed in. Each of my interviewers were young members in the Actuarial student program.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna in August 2013.

Interview

Pretty basic phone interview. A few behavioral questions to start the interview off with. After that, the interviewer asked a couple questions about basic insurance principles to see that I had a basic understanding of it. The interviewer then told me a bit about the company and what they the internship position consisted of. Lasted about 30 minutes. Heard back about two weeks later for a second phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

They posted on my university's career website, and I applied via the link there. Two rounds of phone interview and one on-site interview. On-site interviews are mostly one-on-one with actuaries from different divisions, and they are very friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

On campus recruiting to a on-site final round interview with multiple actuaries.

Interview Questions

• What is the impact of the healthcare reform act? Please address the various constituents.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT).

Interview

First round interview was a phone interview with basic behavioral questions. Second round interview I was brought onto their campus. Consisted of one 1 hour interview, 3 45 min interviews, and a lunch.

Interview Questions

• A train left station A going 20 mph, and at the same time a train left station B going 15 mph. A bird sat on top of train A and started flying at 40 mph as soon as train A left. The bird flew to train B, then back to train A, then back to train B, and so on, until the two trains met. The track is 70 miles long. How many miles did the bird fly?   2 Answers

Actuarial Interview

Interview

I receive a phone interview for the job. The questions are all behavioral questions. I have wanted to work for Cigna for a long time, so when I finally got a chance to interview I was most excited. However despite not getting an offer, I do not think that this is the type of place I would want to work anyway. Upon entering the room with the interviewer, I was simply asked in a rude tone "why would I hire you"

Interview Questions

• I do not think that this is the type of place I would want to work anyway. Upon entering the room with the interviewer, I was simply asked in a rude tone "why would I hire you"   Answer Question