Cigna Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cigna Actuarial Interview Questions

Interviews at Cigna

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

On campus recruiting to a on-site final round interview with multiple actuaries.

Interview Questions

• What is the impact of the healthcare reform act? Please address the various constituents.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was so awful. I even didn't know which position I applied for, since the title for the position is only "actuarial intern". When he asked me "What do you know about health insurance", I got stuck and had no idea about it. What a nightmare!

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

I met the recruiter at my university's career fair. Introduced myself, and the recruiter quickly went over my resume and asked a few typical fit questions such as why Cigna and do you have leadership experience. Was not invited to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Why Cigna? Do you have leadership Experience? Have you passed exam P/FM?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna in August 2013.

Interview

Pretty basic phone interview. A few behavioral questions to start the interview off with. After that, the interviewer asked a couple questions about basic insurance principles to see that I had a basic understanding of it. The interviewer then told me a bit about the company and what they the internship position consisted of. Lasted about 30 minutes. Heard back about two weeks later for a second phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT).

Interview

First round interview was a phone interview with basic behavioral questions. Second round interview I was brought onto their campus. Consisted of one 1 hour interview, 3 45 min interviews, and a lunch.

Interview Questions

• A train left station A going 20 mph, and at the same time a train left station B going 15 mph. A bird sat on top of train A and started flying at 40 mph as soon as train A left. The bird flew to train B, then back to train A, then back to train B, and so on, until the two trains met. The track is 70 miles long. How many miles did the bird fly?   2 Answers

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online in Cigna official web. First round is on campus interview. Most of questions is behavioral questions. Second round interview is on site interview. Overall experience is pretty.

Interview Questions

• some technical questions about actuarial science knowledge   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Interview

I receive a phone interview for the job. The questions are all behavioral questions. I have wanted to work for Cigna for a long time, so when I finally got a chance to interview I was most excited. However despite not getting an offer, I do not think that this is the type of place I would want to work anyway. Upon entering the room with the interviewer, I was simply asked in a rude tone "why would I hire you"

Interview Questions

• I do not think that this is the type of place I would want to work anyway. Upon entering the room with the interviewer, I was simply asked in a rude tone "why would I hire you"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

They posted on my university's career website, and I applied via the link there. Two rounds of phone interview and one on-site interview. On-site interviews are mostly one-on-one with actuaries from different divisions, and they are very friendly.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna in September 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a campus representative during a career fair. I had two consecutive 25 minute interviews on campus during the next week. The questions were mostly behavioral with a few critical thinking ones mixed in. Each of my interviewers were young members in the Actuarial student program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screening. Most difficult phone screening I have ever had. They really wanted to see if you knew about the healthcare industry. Afterwards I was contacted for an on site interview. Onsite interviews were difficult as well. 4 interviews with an unofficial interview for lunch. The interviewers were very kind and wanted to get to know you better. A lot of behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions

• If you were the CEO of Cigna, what would you focus on to cut healthcare costs? What are potential problems that can occur during a merger or acquisition?   Answer Question