Cigna Actuarial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cigna Actuarial Interview Questions

Interviews at Cigna

3.3

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online in Cigna official web. First round is on campus interview. Most of questions is behavioral questions. Second round interview is on site interview. Overall experience is pretty.

Interview Questions

• some technical questions about actuarial science knowledge   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was so awful. I even didn't know which position I applied for, since the title for the position is only "actuarial intern". When he asked me "What do you know about health insurance", I got stuck and had no idea about it. What a nightmare!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied through college career fair. There was an on-campus interview then an on-site interview. The second interview takes a whole day. People are really nice and I met with 5 interviewers. Breakfast with a "Cigna buddy" then lunch with an analyst.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to clean all the windows in a building (a building on my campus), how would you approach this task? Paint yourself? Ask for help? How would you price it?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Not long, 30 minutes maximum. I was asked basic behavioral interview questions and about things I've listed on my resume. They then asked me about any project or research I've done with statistics.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

First step was a 30 minute on-campus interview at my college. Then invited to an on-site interview that consisted of 4 45 minute behavioral interviews and one relaxed lunch interview. Candidates interviewed on rolling basis, no superday

Interview Questions

• Explain the time value of money to someone with no finance background   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly, but I think I was not prepared enough. There are standard behavioral questions and also brain teasers that caught me by surprise. I was also asked about my experience in dealing with large datasets.

Interview Questions

• Would you take 2000 dollars or a stack of pennies as the height of empirical building?
      Tell me about a time when you demonstrated leadership skills.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna in October 2017.

Interview

First round: 2 on-campus interviews each 30 minutes long with mostly behavioral questions Second round: a half-day onsite with four 1-on-1 interviews with senior leaders and then a more casual lunch interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cigna (Austin, TX).

Interview

I applied this position through my college career fair. It was a wonderful experience. Interviewers were super friendly and I didn't feel too much pressure. Overall, I really enjoyed the time talking with full time actuaries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for position online, received an email about a phone interview a couple weeks later. Had about 30(ish) minute phone interview, went okay. Almost exclusively questions about your personal experience solving problems, some weird behavioral and obscure problem solving questions. Was told two weeks later by email they were no longer interested.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Application sent to undergraduate recruiters. They follow up with an interview on campus, followed by an interview on site in Connecticut. That consisted of a dinner the night before, and four interviews throughout the day, plus a more casual interview at lunch.

Interview Questions

• Analytical questions to decipher problem solving. For example, how many gumballs would fit in a schoolbus? Would the weight of these gumballs be heavier or lighter than the bus itself?   Answer Question