Cigna Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cigna Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna (Scranton, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was brought to a conference room. The room smelled like a cafeteria. Two hiring managers give you several behavioral questions. Must have been a dress down day? One manager was wearing a hoodie at the interview.

Interview Questions

• How many unplanned absentances are acceptable in a one year period ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Sherman, TX).

Interview

Had a phone interview then a face to face with two managers. lot of what would you do. How would you handle. Pretty average. Ways to calm a client down.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online at Indeed.com. Received a call 2 days later to set up phone interview. Had phone interview and was notified the next day by email that I was selected for an on site interview. Went in for interview a week later was interviewed by a supervisor and a trainer. Awaiting call back for potential job offer now.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you had to deliver a difficult message to another employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

1on 1 - interviewer was very nice and excited about the company - very knowledgable. The first initial screening was over the phone. 2nd was a direct one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with the company
      Give me a time you worked well under pressure
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I missed the deadline for one class earlier in the year, so I was told to try again for the next class. They had called and expressed interest, but it was literally a matter of hours. I had to apply again, and made it just in time. I did the phone interview, was asked a couple of basic behavioral questions such as, "Tell me a time when you provided excellent customer service." The interviewer was very friendly and upbeat, and I felt comfortable speaking normally which greatly helped me to tell her what I needed to. She also delved deeper into jobs I'd had that closely matched certain tasks I would need to perform. After the phone interview, she set me up with a second interview. She said normally I would be contacted back about it, but we didn't have much time so she set it up then and there. I was asked to come in the next day. I made it in, was greeted warmly in the lobby by one of the managers and security. She explained how the interview would work and we sat down, one on one, in a small conference room. Based on the phone interview, I expected the behavioral questions so I had studied the previous night and dug deep into my work history for relevant recollections. Do your homework. I was asked a series of them, some very complicated, others very easy. Afterward, she asked me if I had any questions, and after we spoke about what I had to ask she told me she would be going to get another manager to interview me. I had a second interview with even tougher questions. Both interviewers had a poker faces, so I couldn't tell if I did good or bad. I just went with my gut and felt like it went well. I was shown around the call center briefly before being thanked and went on my way. The next day, I received the call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Several behavioral-type questions. Be prepared to answer in-depth. They will ask you more about each answer after you answer.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

I saw the job posting on Indeed.com and applied. I was called two weeks later and given a phone interview she then invited me to come in the following week to meet with the hiring manager and a supervisor. They send you an email telling you the interview will be about an hour long. It ran a little longer than expected but was an easy going and wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• I was first asked if i knew what the position was and what the Customer Service Representatives do.

Then we went over the position more in detail. Training, Schedules, Etc.....

She asked customer service interview questions such as, Tell me about a time you provided customer service beyond what was expected.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cigna (Bedford, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a call from hiring person, next day had an interview then the next day had answer that I was hired. Spoke with 2 managers at the same time. Not really a panel. They asked questions about experience and systems that I was familiar with. The managers seem honest and make you feel comfortable because they seem like everyday people.

Interview Questions

• Why would I leave my current position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview was conducted in a highly professional atmosphere. The interviewer had projected a clear and concise picture of the position. My background in the health care industry had been discussed in great detail. In the interview, my work experience, skills, and education were also addressed.

Interview Questions

• The pay scale. This question is general provided in the job description.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cigna (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Applied for the job through indeed received a email to set of a phone interview 2 days later had phone interview friday took about 30 mins offered a face to face interview was done 5 days later met with 2 individuals one person took notes the other right off questions. Also watching a 8 minute video about hiring and working at cigna. Also went over training, pto, dress code etc.it went really well i was very nervous before the interview but the questions were fairly easy answered all questions right on the spot no hesitation. Currebtly waiting to hear back if i got the job or not but im hoping i do. :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for cigna?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when the furst result didnt work and you had to go a different route?   Answer Question
    • How many day do you think is acceptable to take off in a year? And for what reasons?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Received an email for a phone interview with recruiter. Was given a couple of available dates that they were available. Spoke for about 30 minutes on phone and answered usual questions from the recruiter. Person was very knowledgeable about the company and offered sound advice.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions. Why do you want to work here, experience, etc.   1 Answer