Cigna Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.7

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A month later, a recruiter called me & we did a quick phone interview. A week later, I got the call to come in for an interview. The interview was really fast. The person who interviewed me seemed to already have made her mind up before even talking with me. I was only asked a few questions. A month has passed since my interview and I still haven’t gotten an answer, not even a simple rejection email. I’ve tried to contact the recruiter, but I haven’t gotten a response. I don’t mind not getting the position, but a little courtesy rejection email would be the professional thing to do!

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions... Tell me about a time when..   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had to do a half hour customer service simulations. Had a phone interview after that asking some follow up questions. Then I was offered an in person interview. It was 1 on 1. We went into a side conference room and she asked basic behavioral and situational customer service questions. She took notes on pen and paper during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

First of all, the recruiter experience was a nightmare. After communicating with the recruiter unsuccessfully, approximately 10-15 emails, not to mention the majority initiated by myself, in trying to move the scheduling of the interview process, I was scheduled to interview for a position I did not apply for.

Interview Questions

• The behavorial questions that they ask definitely do not do justice for a data entry position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cigna (Plano, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Laid back. The interviewer made me feel comfortable. Questions are STAR FORMAT. BE PREPARED. I thought the interview went well . It lasted approx 30 minutes. I was in a cafteria with other people interviewing. I will try again at a later date

Interview Questions

• Name a time during work you had to make a split second decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Cigna seemed like a good company to work for however the hiring supervisor was extremely unprofessional. She asked me what other jobs I had applied for beside Cigna and scoffed under her breath that their claims training would be much more better than the one I received from my previous employment, like she was doubting my background and experience. It was very egotistic. She also never made eye contact which is just so rude. This was by far the worst interview I've ever had and her attitude set the tone for Cigna. I declined the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna (Scranton, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was brought to a conference room. The room smelled like a cafeteria. Two hiring managers give you several behavioral questions. Must have been a dress down day? One manager was wearing a hoodie at the interview.

Interview Questions

• How many unplanned absentances are acceptable in a one year period ?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Sherman, TX).

Interview

Had a phone interview then a face to face with two managers. lot of what would you do. How would you handle. Pretty average. Ways to calm a client down.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online at Indeed.com. Received a call 2 days later to set up phone interview. Had phone interview and was notified the next day by email that I was selected for an on site interview. Went in for interview a week later was interviewed by a supervisor and a trainer. Awaiting call back for potential job offer now.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you had to deliver a difficult message to another employee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

1on 1 - interviewer was very nice and excited about the company - very knowledgable. The first initial screening was over the phone. 2nd was a direct one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with the company
      Give me a time you worked well under pressure   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I missed the deadline for one class earlier in the year, so I was told to try again for the next class. They had called and expressed interest, but it was literally a matter of hours. I had to apply again, and made it just in time. I did the phone interview, was asked a couple of basic behavioral questions such as, "Tell me a time when you provided excellent customer service." The interviewer was very friendly and upbeat, and I felt comfortable speaking normally which greatly helped me to tell her what I needed to. She also delved deeper into jobs I'd had that closely matched certain tasks I would need to perform. After the phone interview, she set me up with a second interview. She said normally I would be contacted back about it, but we didn't have much time so she set it up then and there. I was asked to come in the next day. I made it in, was greeted warmly in the lobby by one of the managers and security. She explained how the interview would work and we sat down, one on one, in a small conference room. Based on the phone interview, I expected the behavioral questions so I had studied the previous night and dug deep into my work history for relevant recollections. Do your homework. I was asked a series of them, some very complicated, others very easy. Afterward, she asked me if I had any questions, and after we spoke about what I had to ask she told me she would be going to get another manager to interview me. I had a second interview with even tougher questions. Both interviewers had a poker faces, so I couldn't tell if I did good or bad. I just went with my gut and felt like it went well. I was shown around the call center briefly before being thanked and went on my way. The next day, I received the call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Several behavioral-type questions. Be prepared to answer in-depth. They will ask you more about each answer after you answer.   1 Answer