Cigna Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cigna Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna in August 2014.

Interview

My interview was very formal and most of the questions that they asked were a lot of behavioral questions. Now that I look back on the interview they were questions foreshadowing what you are truly going to encounter while working here.

Interview Questions

• If you had to work with someone who is difficult and unpleasant, how would you handle that?   Answer Question
  • What skills do you think you will need to be able to help seniors?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna (Scranton, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was brought to a conference room. The room smelled like a cafeteria. Two hiring managers give you several behavioral questions. Must have been a dress down day? One manager was wearing a hoodie at the interview.

Interview Questions

• How many unplanned absentances are acceptable in a one year period ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Received an email for a phone interview with recruiter. Was given a couple of available dates that they were available. Spoke for about 30 minutes on phone and answered usual questions from the recruiter. Person was very knowledgeable about the company and offered sound advice.

Interview Questions

• Usual questions. Why do you want to work here, experience, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sherman, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Sherman, TX).

Interview

Had a phone interview then a face to face with two managers. lot of what would you do. How would you handle. Pretty average. Ways to calm a client down.

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

1on 1 - interviewer was very nice and excited about the company - very knowledgable. The first initial screening was over the phone. 2nd was a direct one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with the company
      Give me a time you worked well under pressure
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I missed the deadline for one class earlier in the year, so I was told to try again for the next class. They had called and expressed interest, but it was literally a matter of hours. I had to apply again, and made it just in time. I did the phone interview, was asked a couple of basic behavioral questions such as, "Tell me a time when you provided excellent customer service." The interviewer was very friendly and upbeat, and I felt comfortable speaking normally which greatly helped me to tell her what I needed to. She also delved deeper into jobs I'd had that closely matched certain tasks I would need to perform. After the phone interview, she set me up with a second interview. She said normally I would be contacted back about it, but we didn't have much time so she set it up then and there. I was asked to come in the next day. I made it in, was greeted warmly in the lobby by one of the managers and security. She explained how the interview would work and we sat down, one on one, in a small conference room. Based on the phone interview, I expected the behavioral questions so I had studied the previous night and dug deep into my work history for relevant recollections. Do your homework. I was asked a series of them, some very complicated, others very easy. Afterward, she asked me if I had any questions, and after we spoke about what I had to ask she told me she would be going to get another manager to interview me. I had a second interview with even tougher questions. Both interviewers had a poker faces, so I couldn't tell if I did good or bad. I just went with my gut and felt like it went well. I was shown around the call center briefly before being thanked and went on my way. The next day, I received the call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Several behavioral-type questions. Be prepared to answer in-depth. They will ask you more about each answer after you answer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview was conducted in a highly professional atmosphere. The interviewer had projected a clear and concise picture of the position. My background in the health care industry had been discussed in great detail. In the interview, my work experience, skills, and education were also addressed.

Interview Questions

• The pay scale. This question is general provided in the job description.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Antwerp (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Antwerp (Belgium)) in October 2015.

Interview

First, I went through a 1:1 interview. After talking about my academic and professional career, I was given a dossier with exercises in English and in French. The dossier contained grammar and writing exercises to test my language skills in both languages. Basically, I had to write formal letters answering to different situations I would face working at Cigna. To be honest I didn't expect to had a 2:30h interview but in the end it wasn't that hard.
    Once the HR assistant came back to me through email with a positive answer, I passed a second interview. This time it was a role play interview (it was about me answering two different situations through phone, a real situation with a customer). After this, I had a 1:1 interview with the manager of the department, a lovely woman by the way.
    After a comfortable conversation about what my future job would be all about, she told me I would be proposed to the HR department.
    The next day the HR assistant called me to offer me the job and we made an appointment to sign the contract.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Austin, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Apply, recruiter will contact you (if you are a temp, you go through a temp agency first). You interview face to face with two supervisors (sometimes 1 supervisor and a manager). then they will say yes or no to the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• describe a difficult situation you had to deal with   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

It was two one-on-one interview. About 15/20 minutes each. I heard back from them a couple days later and got offered a job. The questions were pretty straight forward. If you've had any sales experience or experience dealing with customers one-on-one, you'll probably get hired. The initial customer service role is mainly about handling customer calls.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question