Cigna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2018

2.9

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was initially interviewed over the phone and then caled into interview
    with the hiring manager and potential co-workers; I did
    not hear anything for several months and was called back
    for a lunch interview; I did not hear for
    several weeks and then was called by an internal
    recruiter to have another day of interviews.
    I then went back for a day of interviews. I ultimately did
    not hear back either way. The interview process
    was not well organized.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed to speak and later regretted it and what was it that you failed to say   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview lasted for half an hour. He first asked me a little bit about myself. Asked me a little bit about my past work experiences and technologies I am comfortable working. He then asked me answer 5 technical questions and a case study

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self, asked me to review a technical case study and answer 5 technical questions, and then gave a technical aptitude test   1 Answer

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

It took 2 weeks , questions are Basic sql/pl sql questions, like subquery, group by, join, left join , right join , Packages, functions, procedures, views. Very very easy to answer, they only pay attention about skills, not too much experiences, that is it.

Interview Questions

• Basic sql/pl sql questions, like subquery, group by, join, left join , right join , Packages, functions, procedures, views. Very very easy to answer, they only pay attention about skills, not too much experiences, that is it.   Answer Question

STD Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Plano, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was contact by the recruiter within a week. I interviewed two weeks later. I trying contacting the recruiter a week later to find out my status and unfortunately never heard back from her.

Claims Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through indeed and within a week I was emailed to take an assessment. Upon passing I was email again explaining the job the next steps and the hours alone with the training schedule. I had a phone interview then a in person interview with 4 people then the vp.

Interview Questions

• 20% of 200.
      Behavior questions
      Situational questions
      Why you
      What do you know about Cigna   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I. Negotiated

Claims Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna in February 2014.

Interview

Behavioral based interview questions, panel style interview. Took about an hour long. Everyone was very nice, but asked a lot of behavioral questions that really will make you think. This is an interview that you must prepare for. They will also ask a percentage math questions, such as what is 60% of 300 or something along those lines.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the company. Do your research   Answer Question

Negotiation

Still in the background check phase. The background check is so stringent. The company they use to conduct the background check digs really really deep. It's like you're applying for a job in the CIA or FBI.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted in about one week for a assessment. Got my results in 2-3 days and asked to attend an on site interview the next week.

An email overview was sent with salary range, expectations, and start date.

The interview was set up in groups of 5, every half hour. They gave us a tour of the office, brief overview of the position and interviewed us one by one with a panel.

Panel interviewers the took turns asking a total of 7 STAR questions, while writing everything down.

Still waiting for a decision...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and contacted by a recruiter via email within 2 days. The recruiter emailed a timed test to take within 48 hours. Contacted by recruiter again within same day of test completion to setup a phone interview. Recruiter setup an on-site interview at the end of the phone interview. The on-site interview was approx. a week after the phone interview. I met with 3 people total during on-site interview.

I have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview - reviewed resume, talked about positions available.
      On-site interview - discussed position, behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Pitts, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application, online skills assessment (logic and math questions, personality assessment), phone interview with HR department (background information), in person interview with management (situation based questions, some math questions) , in person interview with a director, background check, drug test

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to give someone bad news at work   1 Answer

Claims Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

One was a phone interview and and another was a face to face--- both interviewers were pleasant. HR from PA calls first and then a manager from the office calls and schedules. Most people have 3 interviews with the last being a panel interview. This all happens in a two to three week time span.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, the application assessment was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was done.