Cigna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cigna Interview Questions

Interviews at Cigna

2.9

Cloud Architect Interview

Interview

Fair and smooth, to the point questions. 2 rounds of interview with 2 different managers. Vendor screening before technical round. Took 1 week to set up the inteview. Prompt and genuine to the point

Interview Questions

• testing on how you architect solutions, approach towards the solution. Your current day to day tasks, your toughest and the biggest mistake you ever made   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and said my experience matched the position. We chatted on the phone, and then she set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager didn't call me at the scheduled time, and so the recruiter rescheduled for the following week. When the hiring manager did call, she was clearly in the car and was not fully engaged in the interview. At one point, I complimented a project done by Cigna and the hiring manager said "Well, I'm legacy Express Scripts so I didn't work on that." She sounded negative in saying this, and this attitude was concerning, but I proceeded because the position seemed interesting.

Several weeks later, I was invited to do in-person interviews, but when I provided my availability, the TA coordinator did not have the interviewers' availability and wasn't able to schedule anything. The next week, the TA coordinator reached out and said I would be asked to do 2 in-person interviews and a few more video interviews (no indication on how many total people would be interviewing). By this point, in the same amount of time, I had already gone through the interview process with another company and got an offer in less than a month.

I withdrew my candidacy before scheduling any in-person interviews. Overall, the process was lengthy and disorganized. I was disappointed.

Interview Questions

• All average questions - why do you want to work here, describe your experience   Answer Question

Business Analytics Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I interviewed at Cigna (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2020.

Interview

Had an interview with the recruiter, hiring manager, and then team interview. Overall it went well but the process is long and recruiters do not respond promptly. I emailed them after my interview for an update and they did not respond. Job posting is closed so I’m assuming I didn’t get the role.

RULDP Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Entire process took 4 months. Video interview and later was invited for in person interview with multiple managers. Had to follow up myself as I never heard back. Very competitive interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think health care coverage rates differ between industries ?   Answer Question

FLDP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

One video interview and invite to the Interview blitz, the interviews seemed encouraging and positive, however it was a very competitive process as there will be candidates from the relevant industry experience too

RN Case Manager Interview

Interview

I was interviewed during a job fair. Once you passed the first level of interview, you were scheduled for a second interview. Casual conversation. They asked you about your clinical background and judgement. How you would deal with different scenarios, such as conflict. How you would resolve it.

Specialty Mail Order Pharmacist Interview

Interview

This job was listed under Cigna as Specialty mail order and the job description on the job listing was typical for what you would see in a standard screening mail order job. Well, that's not at all what it was when the phone interview came around. First they asked "Why Express Scripts"? - which was confusing to me as the job was listed as Cigna (Accredo), so I had prepared to answer in reference to Cigna, not Express Scripts. Then I learned the job was for a phone position, just answering questions and counseling all day on PAH meds. Thrown totally off as NOWHERE in the job description did it mention that the job would be a phone counseling job. All in all the phone interview went poorly and it's the first time I've done one where I felt the recruiter was on a completely different page than the job listing. Was a poor experience overall and it kind of reinforced all the negative things I've seen posted about Express Scripts.

Interview Questions

• Why Express Scripts   1 Answer
    • How would you counsel two different patients on PAH meds - one who knows all about their medications already and another who doesn't.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Questions related on how to solve data cleansing for behavioral sciences. It became apparent that they did not have solutions for this area and were looking for staff could assist them in aligning old claims processing engine/data to new capabilities.

Interview Questions

• How to add attribute to claims related data for behavioral sciences without compromising historical data.   Answer Question

Sales Support Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT) in February 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and was immediately interviewed over the phone, followed by a phone interview with a hiring manager and an on-site interview with another hiring manager. I believe that all went well and was confident that I was good fit. I was told that the hire date would be a couple of weeks after these interviews and that they would like to complete the process quickly.

As the hire date approached, I followed up a week later with the recruiter via email--no response. Two days later, I followed up with the hiring managers via email--no response. The following Monday, I left a voicemail for the recruiter as the hire date was now a week away. The next day, I receive conflicting timelines from both the recruiter and managers as to when the decision will be made, which is now pushed to a few more weeks away. I wait those few weeks before following up and still hear nothing. I followed up again with the recruiter via email (now a full month after the on-site interview) and I hear....nothing. The next response I receive is a template rejection email that comes over 1.5 months after the interview.

While recruiters are very communicative in preparing you for the interviews, they go silent during the decision phase.

Interview Questions

• How would you use your Master's degree in this role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time about a difficult to work with team member. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Ghosted Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (Arlington, VA) in February 2020.

Interview

5 interviews with 2 recruiters, the hiring manager, brokers & hiring manager and in-person interview with all. They flew in a Cigna manager to meet with me, as well as brokers.
     I followed up after. Twice. Never heard back. It's not the way to treat a candidate. I allocated hours of my time over several months. To not have the courtesy of a reply shows a lousy and disrespectful business ethic.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral based interview questions as well as usual job experience   Answer Question