Cigna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2018

2.9

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Interviewed with many employees.
    Very challenging questions.
    More than one phone interview.
    More than one day in person interview.
    Feedback was provided on the same day or a day after.
    The process was lengthy.
    I felt I was pressured to accept the offer afterword. They have a hard time to locate good candidates and to keep them afterword.

FDP Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT) in February 2018.

Interview

1st interview was through on-campus recruiting, meeting with 2 full-time members within the Fin Development Program. Behavioral questions + a few specifics re: resume. Within 3~5 days, got an email for Round 2 at Cigna HQ in CT. 4 one-on-one interviews with other selected FDP full-timers plus a case study in a group of 3~4 candidates. One-on-ones were again behavioral + a few details about that person's role in Cigna. Case study was a bit difficult, we were provided a business problem and asked to present a strategy (choose 2 from 5). Other candidates found it easier, so pre-studying on case study interviews might be helpful. Ultimately, it depends on your team members too. Got emailed 1 week after interview, the generic "they were no longer interested" message, with no info on what exactly didn't click with them.

Biggest Issue: disturbing lack of specificity in terms of what roles are available for Interns. The application mentioned 5 potential roles, yet not one interviewer was actually in one of those Depts. There was also no mention of how many spots were available, even when the HR reps were directly asked.

There was value for me in the interview, so it's not a total loss. Just be aware that they don't have any details to offer you about the Internship, compared to BCBS or UnitedHealth's summer programs.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

They used the SAR method during the interview process. They give you a situation and ask you how you would handle it now or in the past. It was a difficult interview.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bourbonnais, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Bourbonnais, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got a email to set up a phone interview the next day. Spoke to the HR rep and was very pleasant and told me about the position and what interview questions they are looking for for the face to face. Had the face to face and they were all behavioral question. It lasted for a good 30mins

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you used your technical knowledge to real life situations   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT) in December 2017.

Interview

They sent an email to set up a phone interview. The interview was with two HR employees and lasted 30 minutes. They then sent a follow up email 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you solved a challenge in a unique way   Answer Question

Cigna Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna (Tampa, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

super day in Tampa, FL, really nice and welcoming, very involved and intense, networking dinner the night before, and then group presentation, individual presentation, and 3 interviews the next day

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to make a difficult decision in a group?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to make a last minute decision?   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview lasted for half an hour. He first asked me a little bit about myself. Asked me a little bit about my past work experiences and technologies I am comfortable working. He then asked me answer 5 technical questions and a case study

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self, asked me to review a technical case study and answer 5 technical questions, and then gave a technical aptitude test   1 Answer

Managed Care Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

I applied through my university and was given a phone interview with a manager in the program and someone currently in the program. 20 minute interview, all behavioral questions.

second round- was a skype interview with another manager in the program and someone else currently participating in the program. all behavioral questions, super conversational with follow up questions on how you answered previous questions. This interview was them really trying to get to know your personality.

I got cut after the second interview, but I know the third round consists of them flying you out to their HQ in Nashville with a super day and dinner.

However, after my second interview, they told me they would notify me about the next round within two weeks. after three weeks and hearing nothing, i emailed the recruiter in which she told me not to worry that they were prolonging the interviewing rounds and that i would hear back the following week. after 3 more weeks of hearing nothing, i emailed the recruiter in which she apologized that no one had gotten back to me but that i was done in the recruiting process. i basically had to remind them to send me a rejection letter because they didnt even have the decency to notify me that i had been rejected.

Interview Questions

• why this program? why the health care industry? are you okay with relocating?   Answer Question

TECDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

There were two interviews in the process. The first was a phone interview where they asked behavioral questions. If you do well you get a second interview which was at their office in Philly. There was a group activity where we had to build a bridge out of legos and a 5 minute presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you used techonology to help you.   Answer Question

TECDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the internship at my campus's job fair and got a reply soon after. The first interview was an hour long phone interview with two TECDP associates. All of the questions were pretty basic behavioral questions. A few days after the interview, I got an invitation to their second round interview day. For the second round, we spent 6 hours at the Cigna office in Philadelphia where we listened to presentations from the staff, got a tour of the office, and had lunch. The whole day was pretty stress-free and fun. The main parts of the second round interview were the group activity and the presentation. For the group activity, they split us into small groups and made us work on a fun project together. For the presentation, we presented separately to senior TECDP associates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you applied your technical skills outside of school?   Answer Question