Cigna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Cigna seemed like a good company to work for however the hiring supervisor was extremely unprofessional. She asked me what other jobs I had applied for beside Cigna and scoffed under her breath that their claims training would be much more better than the one I received from my previous employment, like she was doubting my background and experience. It was very egotistic. She also never made eye contact which is just so rude. This was by far the worst interview I've ever had and her attitude set the tone for Cigna. I declined the offer.

MBA Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. The interview process started initially with a phone screen with the recruiter, then a video interview with the program manager, and then an all day interview which they flew me out to Hartford, CT for.

Interview Questions

• Specific marketing questions. Though the interviews lasted all day, they were very casual and conversational. We also had to present a powerpoint at the end of the day.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview lasted for half an hour. He first asked me a little bit about myself. Asked me a little bit about my past work experiences and technologies I am comfortable working. He then asked me answer 5 technical questions and a case study

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self, asked me to review a technical case study and answer 5 technical questions, and then gave a technical aptitude test   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in November 2017.

Interview

First had a behavior Phone Interview with two current TECDP Associates which was less than an hour long and fairly straight forward. I was then brought to their headquarters for an interview day. It was non technical and fairly relaxing. Everyone was friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for the internship at my campus's job fair and got a reply soon after. The first interview was an hour long phone interview with two TECDP associates. All of the questions were pretty basic behavioral questions. A few days after the interview, I got an invitation to their second round interview day. For the second round, we spent 6 hours at the Cigna office in Philadelphia where we listened to presentations from the staff, got a tour of the office, and had lunch. The whole day was pretty stress-free and fun. The main parts of the second round interview were the group activity and the presentation. For the group activity, they split us into small groups and made us work on a fun project together. For the presentation, we presented separately to senior TECDP associates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you applied your technical skills outside of school?   Answer Question

Managed Care Rotational Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

I applied through my university and was given a phone interview with a manager in the program and someone currently in the program. 20 minute interview, all behavioral questions.

second round- was a skype interview with another manager in the program and someone else currently participating in the program. all behavioral questions, super conversational with follow up questions on how you answered previous questions. This interview was them really trying to get to know your personality.

I got cut after the second interview, but I know the third round consists of them flying you out to their HQ in Nashville with a super day and dinner.

However, after my second interview, they told me they would notify me about the next round within two weeks. after three weeks and hearing nothing, i emailed the recruiter in which she told me not to worry that they were prolonging the interviewing rounds and that i would hear back the following week. after 3 more weeks of hearing nothing, i emailed the recruiter in which she apologized that no one had gotten back to me but that i was done in the recruiting process. i basically had to remind them to send me a rejection letter because they didnt even have the decency to notify me that i had been rejected.

Interview Questions

• why this program? why the health care industry? are you okay with relocating?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

There were two interviews in the process. The first was a phone interview where they asked behavioral questions. If you do well you get a second interview which was at their office in Philly. There was a group activity where we had to build a bridge out of legos and a 5 minute presentation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project where you used techonology to help you.   Answer Question

TECDP Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

Recruiters came to campus for first-round screening in late September. My on-site round was ~2 weeks afterwards, and there was a short (~1 wk) turnaround on getting an offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A month later, a recruiter called me & we did a quick phone interview. A week later, I got the call to come in for an interview. The interview was really fast. The person who interviewed me seemed to already have made her mind up before even talking with me. I was only asked a few questions. A month has passed since my interview and I still haven’t gotten an answer, not even a simple rejection email. I’ve tried to contact the recruiter, but I haven’t gotten a response. I don’t mind not getting the position, but a little courtesy rejection email would be the professional thing to do!

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions... Tell me about a time when..   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very rigorous. The only thing that was truly unique to Cigna was the curve ball of having to answer math questions on the fly. There was two rounds with different individuals that asked a multitude of different questions.

Interview Questions

• With what you know about medical underwriting what would you first do when getting a new client?   1 Answer