Cigna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cigna Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna in August 2014.

Interview

My interview was very formal and most of the questions that they asked were a lot of behavioral questions. Now that I look back on the interview they were questions foreshadowing what you are truly going to encounter while working here.

Interview Questions

• If you had to work with someone who is difficult and unpleasant, how would you handle that?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you think you will need to be able to help seniors?   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Chattanooga, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

It went well. I interviewed with a lady who was very, very nice. I thought nothing of this. Turns out, this was the lady who headed my department out of California.

Interview Questions

• All situation based questions. I find that most of the questions asked for any positions within the company are mainly situational-based questions.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Piscataway, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Piscataway, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

required one telephone interview and 2 in -office interview with manager and supervisor within dept then with 2 managers within dept. Interviews went well but in the end they decided to promote from within the dept. a little uncomfortable discussing salary in front of potential co worker(a supervisor from w/in dept) who sat in 1st interview. basic interview questions were asked. Nothing too hard.

Care Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cigna (Nashville, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on line, a recruiter from out of state called me to do a 15 minute phone interview. A week late I received another phone call to set up a face to face interview. Had the interview and received an email a few weeks later letting me know that they ended up hiring from within the company.

Financial Analysis Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying online I received a call from a recruiter. I had a very quick 3 question interview about my current job and reason for looking outside the company. A few days later I received an email from another employee to schedule an in-person panel interview. It was with two team members and the hiring manager. I interviewed, it went well and about a week later I received another email to schedule a second in-person panel interview. This one was with two team members, one of which was in the previous interview, and the hiring manager. A little over a week later I received an offer, once I accepted the offer Cigna did a background check and I took a drug test.

Interview Questions

• I prepared for the interview by writing out the answer to common behavioral based interview questions and the interview questions were not behavioral based at all. I felt that the team/hiring manager were trying to get a feel for my personality and how I would fit in with the team more than anything. There were, however, many questions about my current role/education to determine if I had the knowledge base for the need of the position.   Answer Question

Interview

Resume was forwarded through the career services from my institute. I received a call within a week. The process was smooth and streamlined. there were 2 rounds. telephonic and video call.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Madrid (Spain)) in March 2017.

Interview

They were looking for a senior PM. The interviewer had no clear idea about the job description but wanted to know if the candidates fit HR and Company criteria. Salary was very low considering the requirements. Place looked brand new but there was no HR area or suitable place for inteviews.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted in the cafeteria and could cause distraction so you must stay focused on the task at hand. Interview lasted maybe 30 minutes and they use the "STAR" method, I googled all of the different situational questions ahead of time so I would have an idea of what I would be asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you performed a task and the the result was not what you expected.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna in January 2013.

Interview

Standard with several managers. If you have a referral from someone who already works at Cigna you may have a better chance of receiving a call to interview.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Scranton, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Friendly and professional staff. Welcoming interview process. They maintained a constant form of communication throughout the process. Clean and organized office complex. Current employees seemed happy and eager to work.