Cigna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Fairly average in terms of difficulty. Started by applying to the ULTRA Program online directly via Cignas website. After waiting about a month, I was invited to group interviews at a state university.

First interview involved myself and two Underwriters from Cigna who had graduated from ULTRA. Consisted of several analytical questions, but more behavioral than anything else. Typical interview experience, nothing unexpected. Be sure to answer analytical questions correctly, and ask good questions at the end.

Was contacted a day later for the second and final interview, which took place at the Cigna HQ in Bloomfield/Hartford, CT. Was told that I'd be meeting with two upper Underwriters of Cigna, soon learned that this interview process actually consisted of TWO 30 minute interviews with TWO different upper Underwriters. Again, involved more analytical and behavioral questions that would determine how I suited what Cigna looks for in their Underwriters. Questions involved being able to handle quantitative questions, my experience with data analysis, how I would work with others in Cigna, and past work experience.

After completing both interviews, was walked out of building and told that I would hear back before Thanksgiving (a 4 week time period). Heard back a little less than a week before Thanksgiving with an offer from Cigna by a phone call, and accepted the position immediately.

My Advice: PRACTICE. Think of any interview question that they could ask, and come up with several different answers that would work in an interview. Be sure to emphasize your experience in data analysis and why you fit this position. This applies to any interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you influence car drivers of the United States to drive in the left lane of a road as oppose to the right lane?   Answer Question
    • Think of your favorite restaurant. On a typical Friday night, how many customers do you think they would have for that night? Explain your answer, and how you came up with that number.   Answer Question
    • Imagine that you're working with our Sales team here, something that you'll do often. It's a Friday, and you have two co-workers that have equal amounts of work that must be done by the end of the day. How would you help each of these co-workers reach their goal by the end of the day, if possible?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you've had to deliver bad news to someone you've worked with, whether it be a customer or a co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Explain your experience with data analysis.   Answer Question

Cigna Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cigna (Syracuse, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was pleasant with high industry acumen, and was open about their person experience within the company, including opinions of the higher-ups. Interview questions were straight forward, not too in-depth or difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were forced to interact with someone, or a group of people, whom you wouldn't normally associate with. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Scranton, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview consisted of, Why work for Cigna , why do you want to leave your current job or reason for leaving other jobs. In person interview consisted of all behavorial based questions.

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

basic interview questions. what can you bring to the company, what achievements have you had, why should we hire you over the other candidates, what do you like and dislike about your current job, yadda yadda.

Interview Questions

• name an achievement with your current job   1 Answer

Art Director - Creative Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied via their internal job portal. Received an email from their recruiting department that week to set up a phone interview with the Creative Director that ultimately went very well. A second phone interview was scheduled with the Associate Creative Director followed by an in-person interview with the Creative Director and Creative Services Director. I received a hug at the end of this in-person interview. I followed up with HR the next week and was told their would be a delay in making a decision. After two weeks, I followed up with HR again and was told to reach out in early 2017. I followed up with HR in January and received no response. The job was reposted in February.

Interview Questions

• If you could only work in one medium for the rest of your career, what would it be?   1 Answer

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone around 30 minutes with the department manager. It was just getting to know you type questions and giving you a chance to highlight some things in your cover letter and resume. They also explain the job to you. The second interview was approximately 90 minutes with 5 different people in HR and the Underwriting department. They asked you harder questions about your work experience and a few mental math questions. They just want to see the process in how you formulate your answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when overcomed a difficult challenge   Answer Question

Behavior Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying onlime was contacted by recruiter who set up phone interview with two hiring managers lasted about an hour, covered background and questions eating clinical skills ando instincts, discussed career ambitions, offer made within 2 weeks time after interview

Interview Questions

• Have you ever delt with an upset customer?   Answer Question
    • Clinical assessments...i.e. 42yr old alcoholic woman was just released from treatment and is saying she is feeling low today and hasn't been taking her medication or going to meetings, what do you do?   Answer Question

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (Dallas, TX).

Interview

long took approximately 90 days from start to finish; did initial phone interview; met with Manager of the Department; met with 3 other employees within the department; was provided tour of the offices and met other within the organization; once finished with interviews, then waited about 3 weeks for an offer; took personality test and drug test

Interview Questions

• What do you do now? what is your experience? what do you like to do in your off time? Who do you have a relationship with in reference to job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

for this position there was no negotiation phase

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna in September 2016.

Interview

I saw the job posting on indeed.com and applied directly on their website. I took an assessment test in which the next day I received a phone call from a recruiter regarding this position. The recruiter set up a phone interview for the following day. The interview took 20 minutes but was asked about my availability as well as behavioral questions. Then was scheduled for a in person interview at the job location the following day. The interview lasted an hour and the managers were very nice in fact made the interview very comfortable for me to not be nervous. They told me that someone would contact me the following week to let me know if I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when effective communication played a big part in your job.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

I met the recruiter at my university's career fair. Introduced myself, and the recruiter quickly went over my resume and asked a few typical fit questions such as why Cigna and do you have leadership experience. Was not invited to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Why Cigna? Do you have leadership Experience? Have you passed exam P/FM?   Answer Question