Cigna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.9

Financial Analysis Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying online I received a call from a recruiter. I had a very quick 3 question interview about my current job and reason for looking outside the company. A few days later I received an email from another employee to schedule an in-person panel interview. It was with two team members and the hiring manager. I interviewed, it went well and about a week later I received another email to schedule a second in-person panel interview. This one was with two team members, one of which was in the previous interview, and the hiring manager. A little over a week later I received an offer, once I accepted the offer Cigna did a background check and I took a drug test.

Interview Questions

• I prepared for the interview by writing out the answer to common behavioral based interview questions and the interview questions were not behavioral based at all. I felt that the team/hiring manager were trying to get a feel for my personality and how I would fit in with the team more than anything. There were, however, many questions about my current role/education to determine if I had the knowledge base for the need of the position.   Answer Question

LTD Claim Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

First it was an assessment that asked math questions and reasoning questions. Then there was a personality quiz. After I passed those I had a phone interview, then a panel interview with 2 interviewers asking me questions. Then followed up with another phone interview.

Interview Questions

• basic questions. "tell me about a time" and "why do you want this job"   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

It began with a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager, followed by an in-person interview with two team members who were located at the office, followed with a telephone interview with the team members who were located off-site. About two weeks later, I received the offer from the recruiter and accepted.

Health Education Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, followed my a phone interview with the account manager that following day. I then had a face-to-face interview at the office where I met with one group who manages the insurance side and then had a face-to-face with the account manager and another co-worker. All very positive experiences, until the last face-to-face interview with the account manager where it became apparent they were more interested in talking about their friendship and how well they work together and took little to get to know me. I also found it odd that the new hire who was in the room was the one asking all the interview questions and seemed to have the most influence over to outcome. After being praised on the phone interview and then to come to that experience, greatly misleading and never heard from them again until I had to reach out to the recruiter.

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cigna (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter around 8pm at night asking if I was still interested in the position. After a quick phone interview I was scheduled for an in person interview the next day. The interview started 20 minutes late and was finished within 12 minutes. It consisted of behavioral questions and the person interviewing me seemed annoyed if I didn't answer the questions the second she stopped talking. The interview took place in the seating area for the cafeteria and there were a lot of distractions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with someone in authority.   Answer Question

Health Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cigna in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call and email from the recruiting staff a few days later. I scheduled my in person interview a week later. There were two hiring managers present for the interview and another on the phone. The interview was three parts. First I was asked to talk about my work history. Secondly, they asked situational questions and were wanting me to be very very specific. Thirdly, they asked clinical questions. It took just over an hour for that interview. They wrote all my answers down and all their questions were read off a sheet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to perform a skill very quickly.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you had to work with someone you just flat out didn't like.   Answer Question

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bourbonnais, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Bourbonnais, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an email a couple days later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted about 15 minutes and was asked basic questions like why do you want to work at cigna. Got and email the same day to set up and in person interview. The in person interview had 2 people ask questions like tell me a time when ... lasted about a half hour. Was told someone would contact me within a week to let me know if I got the job or not. Took over 2 weeks to receive email with offer or no offer.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna in January 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview with the recruiter which was easy. I had the actual interview the next week and it was kinda difficult, more than I thought it would be . I had prepared for it, but still was thrown off during the interview.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY).

Interview

Had two over the phone interviews, they were mostly behavioral questions. after that i waited about two weeks for an offer but did not receive one. i got an email saying there were not interested in me at the momment

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Applied in Boston area via school website. Had first round at school. Second round in Hartford, CT. Fairly hard interview with a tough second round that has two sets of two interviewers. Each asks some behavioral and analytical questions. Overall it was not to bad other than one of the interviews who was a jerk.

Interview Questions

• Q. Name favorite restaurant. Take 3 minutes to map out how many customers they would have on the busiest night. Make sure you come up with a single number and be able to back it up.   1 Answer

Job was not for me.