Cigna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.9

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cigna (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Claims manager called me interviewed me over the phone. The questions were broad in which covered a lot of ground, professionally, and about your experiences in life that lead you to this type of career. As the manager talked asked questions she also shared information that was pertinent to the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cigna (Plano, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Laid back. The interviewer made me feel comfortable. Questions are STAR FORMAT. BE PREPARED. I thought the interview went well . It lasted approx 30 minutes. I was in a cafteria with other people interviewing. I will try again at a later date

Interview Questions

• Name a time during work you had to make a split second decision   Answer Question

Credentialing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Manchester, NH) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed during a Career Fair. Interviewed in a large room with other interviewers interviewing individuals. Semi-laid back environment, felt comfortable in the room and the interviewer was really nice and professional

Interview Questions

• Describe a negative experience in a previous job, and how you got through it?   Answer Question
    • What's something that you need to improve upon in your work?   Answer Question

Claims Processor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna in August 2017.

Interview

First spoke with one person who described the job and asked what skills I had to match it. Went with another person who asked typical set of STAR questions. Was even told how to use the formula by setting it up and using the four words of STAR to let us know we had to incorporate the four words in our answer. Looked to me like all interviewers used the same questions (about five) and jotted down answers from candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where there was a conflict and how you solved it.
      Describe something you had to accomplish in a short amount of time.   1 Answer

Assistant Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Met with HR and then the hiring manager. It is an entry level position so the focus of the interview was on college courses taken and sucess in those courses. Lunch with the hiring manager was included where he gave an overview of the company.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Very poor experience. Had first hour long behavioral in early May and a follow-up interview (behavioral and more general questions) about a week later. Was then contacted by initial interviewers who asked me about a second round interview, AFTER having the second round interview. Ended up not hearing back until almost two months after the initial interview, after multiple follow-ups and recommendations from current employees and others. Very disorganized and unnecessarily long process. Lack of clear (practically any) communication internally and to myself.

Systems Analyst Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Nashville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by 2 recruiters asking me to setup 2 different interviews, one with the recruiter and one with the hiring manager. I eventually ended up only interviewing with the hiring manager (after I sent an email to one of the recruiters with my availability but never got a response).

I interviewed with the HM which went well. I was told I would hear from HR the next week but haven't gotten a response yet

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where you presented wrong information to a group; why did you choose to handle it that way?   Answer Question
    • What tools have you used for requirements gathering?   Answer Question

Medicare Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

A lot of of what would you do.. Name a time...give me an example of time when.. why would you like to work at Cigna.. what would you like less about working with Cigna.

Interview Questions

• Name a time a member became very upset and what did you do to resolve the issue   Answer Question

Medical Customer Service Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

I submitted my resume and application online, I was contacted for a phone interview. I have had one in person interview and am still waiting for further contact. They ask behavioral questions, this is something you can prepare for ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• What is challenging about learning new information when things are constantly changing?   Answer Question

Senior Contract Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

At first I met with the manager and 1 member of the team. The manager described the job and she and the other person asked behavioral questions. After that two more team members asked me behavioral questions. I feel I did not get a chance to even sell myself because they didn't ask about me, just behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not have enough information, what did you do?   Answer Question