Cigna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cigna Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.9

TECDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

I had two behavioral phone interviews with cigna. Then several weeks passed then I received an offer. Interviewers were young and clearly reading scripted questions. Each interview was 30 mins. Very specific behavioral questions, clearly needed to think on your feet to find answers that were appropriate for the question. Did not get the location I wanted which is difficult for travel. Housing provided.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was a time you had to tell someone something they didnt want to hear?   Answer Question

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I put the application in early November. Received a call from the recruiter about a month later. Had a pretty good discussion about the role and scheduled an interview for Tuesday.
    Went to the interview, the interviewers we very nice and welcoming. The questions weren't as much experience based as they were behavioral. After several scenarios, there was a Q&A session and then it was over.
    Then next day I received a call from the recruiter informing me that I had the job. Emails to completely the process followed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went out of your way to help someone?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to think outside the box.   Answer Question

.NET Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna (Portland, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

Came directly into the office for a one-hour regimented timed to-the-minute interview. Just a bunch of rapid-fire technical and behaviorial questions. Unfortunately, I was also asked many systems administration questions that had nothing to do with the job description, even though my background fully satisfied the requirements. I was quickly rejected for a "too narrow" background! Two days afterward, I found out from another recruiter that Cigna then changed the job title to ".Web Application / Configuration Engineer". I would have never applied to such a job title. Cigna's incompetence in writing a job description wasted a lot of my time and effort.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what system administration tools I had used.   1 Answer

Ultra Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cigna (Bloomfield, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

They called me one night asking for a phone interview the next morning. That morning they called me 30 minutes late then asked if I could go for a face to face interview that day. I said I had a final that day and needed more time to prepare. I went in the next week. 2 30 min interviews. It felt more of an interrogation

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The process was broken into three rounds. For the first round of interviews I had a phone call. The second round of interviews was in video call format. The third round of interviews were conducted on site. You toured the facilities and got a feel for the company.

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was just the normal interview process. Alot of the questions were "Tell me about a time..." They also asked what you like and dislike abput your current job. My interview only lasted about 15 min. It was a very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you and co-worker disagreed and how you handled it?   Answer Question

TECDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was pretty short. Got an email one week. Had the interview the week after. Got the second interview email same day. Second interview will be the week after. It was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn’t like.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Fairly average in terms of difficulty. Started by applying to the ULTRA Program online directly via Cignas website. After waiting about a month, I was invited to group interviews at a state university.

First interview involved myself and two Underwriters from Cigna who had graduated from ULTRA. Consisted of several analytical questions, but more behavioral than anything else. Typical interview experience, nothing unexpected. Be sure to answer analytical questions correctly, and ask good questions at the end.

Was contacted a day later for the second and final interview, which took place at the Cigna HQ in Bloomfield/Hartford, CT. Was told that I'd be meeting with two upper Underwriters of Cigna, soon learned that this interview process actually consisted of TWO 30 minute interviews with TWO different upper Underwriters. Again, involved more analytical and behavioral questions that would determine how I suited what Cigna looks for in their Underwriters. Questions involved being able to handle quantitative questions, my experience with data analysis, how I would work with others in Cigna, and past work experience.

After completing both interviews, was walked out of building and told that I would hear back before Thanksgiving (a 4 week time period). Heard back a little less than a week before Thanksgiving with an offer from Cigna by a phone call, and accepted the position immediately.

My Advice: PRACTICE. Think of any interview question that they could ask, and come up with several different answers that would work in an interview. Be sure to emphasize your experience in data analysis and why you fit this position. This applies to any interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you influence car drivers of the United States to drive in the left lane of a road as oppose to the right lane?   Answer Question
    • Think of your favorite restaurant. On a typical Friday night, how many customers do you think they would have for that night? Explain your answer, and how you came up with that number.   Answer Question
    • Imagine that you're working with our Sales team here, something that you'll do often. It's a Friday, and you have two co-workers that have equal amounts of work that must be done by the end of the day. How would you help each of these co-workers reach their goal by the end of the day, if possible?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time where you've had to deliver bad news to someone you've worked with, whether it be a customer or a co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Explain your experience with data analysis.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone around 30 minutes with the department manager. It was just getting to know you type questions and giving you a chance to highlight some things in your cover letter and resume. They also explain the job to you. The second interview was approximately 90 minutes with 5 different people in HR and the Underwriting department. They asked you harder questions about your work experience and a few mental math questions. They just want to see the process in how you formulate your answer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when overcomed a difficult challenge   Answer Question

Cigna Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cigna (Syracuse, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was pleasant with high industry acumen, and was open about their person experience within the company, including opinions of the higher-ups. Interview questions were straight forward, not too in-depth or difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you were forced to interact with someone, or a group of people, whom you wouldn't normally associate with. How did you respond?   Answer Question