Cigna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.9

Technology Early Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

The process was quick and I heard back within 2 weeks to schedule an interview within the week. Mainly behavioral questions to understand how you handle situations. There were two recent TECDP graduates that interviewed me. Have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you empowered someone else.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with someone with a different personality than you?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a situation where a team member wasn't pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied via school job website. Received an email for an interview. Interview process went well. Asked personal questions then moved onto some mental math questions involving percentages. Waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• You have 7 pool balls and a scale. You have two tries to find the ball that weighs less.   1 Answer

MCRP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a good interview process, pretty standard except they asked you to come prepared with a presentation but did not give many details about what that should include. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, especially at the networking dinner.

Interview Questions

• Case interview, behavioral, presentation   1 Answer

Managed Care Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

Interview

It was a great interview process. It was a two day process. The first night was just a fun networking dinner with other people who completed the rotational program or were in it currently.The actual interview day consisted of a 30 minute individual presentation, a one hour group case study, and then a 30 minute individual behavioral interview. Everyone was very nice and helpful with answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever encounter a situation where you couldn't finish a project (or anything) on time, what did you do?   Answer Question

Network Operations Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lufkin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Lufkin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online at the Cigna website. I was then contacted by a HR Recruiter to do a phone interview. I passes the phone interview and was then scheduled for another phone interview with a Manager. I then passes that and about a week later was scheduled for a panel interview with the VP, Operations manager and another Manger. The Panel interview was STAR behavioral style.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever created a business startup and if so how did you do that and what did you do to accomplish that goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate because the offer they made me was within my guidelines.

Operations Leadership Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. Had a phone interview with 2 operations leadership associates that week. The interview was very scripted and was a back and forth of typical behavioral questions. In the interview, they explained that I would have a Skype interview with someone who could better answer my questions about the position if I made it to the second round, but when I followed up with my interviewers 2 weeks later after not hearing anything they told me I would get a final answer in 6 weeks. I'm not sure what happened to the second round but I understand that intern interviews are not a priority.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to motivate a group.   Answer Question

MCRP (Managed Care Rotational Program) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Nashville, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

3 round interviews
    1st round was a phone call with 2 current mcrps in 2 different locations in the US

2nd round was a video call with a current mcrp (1 from the 1st round) and the mcrp manager

3rd round they invite you the Nashville, TN (the headquarters) for a 2 day process (all expenses reimbursed/paid for), 1st day, you go to a networking dinner where there's a powerpoint presentation, speed networking, and dinner with a group of employees and other candidates (there will be several Cigna employees in all different positions, whether it be the CEO of a department or a new employee or a vet) it's a little intimidating, but they tell you to just be yourself-everybody was extremely chill, honest, and helpful, you will fall in love with the company's corporate culture...2nd day is the real "interview" day which consists of an individual interview with 2, a group case study and presentation on the results, and an individual presentation on any topic of your choice (be creative, i found that doing a topic that's more personal & has nothing to do with cigna or healthcare are the winners, just don't Bore them, show your personality)
    our group had about 30 candidates, they mentioned the year before there was about 40 candidates and only 10-15 got chosen...just FYI

Overall, it was a very interesting experience, you will meet so many people, have fun with it, oh plus it's a mini vacay ;-)

Sales Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, one on one with the VP of Sales for about half an hour. Her interviews were running behind schedule so I started 15 minutes late. In general, average experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to overcome something difficult.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

Interview

It was a standard phone interview about 30 minutes long. Mainly behavioral questions. Recruiter did not even have the decency to say that they had moved on until AFTER I contacted them about 4 weeks later.

Senior Client Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cigna.

Interview

Screening HR call then interview with the hiring manager followed by 2-3 members of the client management team. It takes 1-2 months to get a final answer depending on how many people they are hiring for.