Cigna Managed Care Rotational Program Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Cigna

Recruiter8%
HardAverageEasy
Found 14 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (United States)

Interview

There were 3 total interview phases and the whole process took up to 2/3 months. It was all ONLINE bc of covid. The first interview was with a current member of the program and a graduate of the program. They asked basic behavioral questions and asked me to go through my resume and explain my healthcare experience. The second interview was with a Program manager and they asked more behavioral questions in regards to how you perform in a team and also asked about my resume. After this I actually made it to the final round. The final round is actually called Super Day and is broken into two days. Usually they fly the candidates out to Nashville but bc of covid it was all online. The first night is a speed networking event with the employees and honestly it was really great and super chill. The second day was super busy! It consisted of multiple interviews, a presentation (that we prepare), and a case study (which we will not get till the day off). All in all this was a great experience because the company and program culture is amazing! They offer so much support to the recruits and everyone is always willing to step in and help! There is so much potential for growth here!

Interview Questions
  • Why Cigna? Name a time where you had to communicate non traditionally. What are your short term and long term goals?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (United States)

Interview

Made it to stage 2/3, still waiting to hear back to see whether I moved on. Each stage was web based (covid era). First stage had two past employees that went through the program. Second stage was with Program Manager. Everyone I came into contact with was nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions
Cigna
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (United States) in Oct 2020

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 stages. I made it to the 2nd stage. I was withdrawn from consideration after receiving an offer for a different Cigna program. All interviews were virtual due to COVID-19. 1st Interview: 30-minute behavioral interview with two current MCRP associates. One in their first year and the other in their second. They switched off on asking me questions and usually followed up with additional questions relating to my answers. The people I spoke to were warm and welcoming. 2nd interview: 45-minute behavioral interview with Program Manager from HR. We got through the behavioral questions pretty quickly (~30 min), so the rest of the time I got to ask her questions. She was welcoming but new to Cigna so she didn't have much experience with MCRP.

Interview Questions
  • (1) Could you give me a run-down of your resume? (2) Why healthcare? Why Cigna? Why MCRP? (3) A time you had to make a decision with inadequate information (4) A time you made a difficult decision (5) A time you worked in a team and dealt with conflict (6) What is a new skill or piece of information you've learned or developed recently?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (United States)

Interview

Had 2 video conference calls for first and second rounds, and then was flown out to Nashville for the final round. They were very quick to get back to me saying if I made it for the first 2 rounds. I didn't hear back about the last round for months.

Interview Questions
  • What is a mistake that you have made and how did you fix the situation?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Chicago, IL) in Nov 2019

Interview

I was invited to do an interview over the phone with a current member of the program, who asked me general behavioral questions (time I went above and beyond, how my work experience lent itself to the position, why Cigna, etc.). I then interviewed again with 2 other program members, who were very kind and conversational, but seemed to be concerned with how my non-profit experience would look in the corporate insurance sector. I was surprised when I did not receive an invitation to the final round.

Interview Questions
Cigna
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna (United States) in Sep 2019

Interview

Submitted my application via school career site. 3 interviews: 1st one was via zoom and asked basic questions. 2nd one was the same thing except a little more in depth. I was told the 3rd was a visit to one of the Cigna offices but I did not progress that far in the process

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult problem
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cigna (United States)

Interview

I only made it to the phone interview. I was called by someone who had gone through the program and had the chance to ask questions about it. I explained my resume in more detail and went through how my experience would lend to my success in the field.

Interview Questions
  • How my previous experience lined up with the job expectations.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna (United States)

Interview

I applied through my university and was given a phone interview with a manager in the program and someone currently in the program. 20 minute interview, all behavioral questions. second round- was a skype interview with another manager in the program and someone else currently participating in the program. all behavioral questions, super conversational with follow up questions on how you answered previous questions. This interview was them really trying to get to know your personality. I got cut after the second interview, but I know the third round consists of them flying you out to their HQ in Nashville with a super day and dinner. However, after my second interview, they told me they would notify me about the next round within two weeks. after three weeks and hearing nothing, i emailed the recruiter in which she told me not to worry that they were prolonging the interviewing rounds and that i would hear back the following week. after 3 more weeks of hearing nothing, i emailed the recruiter in which she apologized that no one had gotten back to me but that i was done in the recruiting process. i basically had to remind them to send me a rejection letter because they didnt even have the decency to notify me that i had been rejected.

Interview Questions
  • why this program? why the health care industry? are you okay with relocating?
Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Nashville, TN) in Oct 2016

Interview

It was a great interview process. It was a two day process. The first night was just a fun networking dinner with other people who completed the rotational program or were in it currently.The actual interview day consisted of a 30 minute individual presentation, a one hour group case study, and then a 30 minute individual behavioral interview. Everyone was very nice and helpful with answering questions.

Interview Questions
  • Did you ever encounter a situation where you couldn't finish a project (or anything) on time, what did you do?
Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna (Nashville, TN)

Interview

Video Interview and then I was invited for super day in Nashville, TN. They paid for all expenses. Most intense interview process I have been thru. Presentations, Speed networking, case study, individual interview. A lot of questions

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14