Cigna TECDP Program Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cigna TECDP Program Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application through university careers/website and was reached out by an associate to schedule an in-person interview as apart of the first round. The second round was to be a full day where they fly you out to Connecticut to meet different managers.

Interview Questions

• Mainly situational questions.. Have you worked with someone you didn't like?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cigna

TECDP Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cigna in September 2016.

Interview

The interview took place on my college campus. I spoke with them at a Career Fair and then got the interview recently thereafter. I did not get a second interview and it look roughly 2 months to here back.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Phila, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Round one interviews was at my schools career center, It was all behavior questions and lasted about 45 mins. I heard back about 2 weeks later, and found out that I got to round 2.

Round 2 interviews took 2 days long, Cigna flies you out and puts you in a hotel. Day 1 consisted of meet and greets along with having dinner with a manager and a few other TECDP associates. Day 2 was very busy and long. It consisted of a group activity, individual case study, individual presentation along with another 1:1 interview session ( all behavioral questions).

It was overall a very pleasant experience, the TECDP associate work very hard to make sure you are comfortable and not too nervous. It was however a very long and exhausting process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to motivate someone to do something?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

In person interview, asked me a few questions about my academic career and previous jobs. They focused a lot on the behavioral questions. If you are applying to this company you should look up behavioral questions and try to study them.

TECDP Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cigna in November 2014.

Interview

First round of interviews on campus - second round at one of their offices. They put you up in a hotel, you get a nice dinner out of it. 4 different sessions for the second interview - group activity, one on one interview, case study on something you select (e.g. java, .net, sql) and a pre-prepared presentation on a project you've worked on. Not an exceptionally difficult interview, actually a pretty fun experience.

Interview Questions

• One of the one on one questions asked about a time when you set 'stretch-goals' and recevied reporting feedback from whomever you set the goals for. (leadership position type question)   Answer Question

TECDP Program Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cigna in October 2014.

Interview

Two Phases. Phase one: Initial interview either on phone or at a location. Phase two: Day long interview at their corporate headquarters, will fly you in from anywhere. Four types of interviews you have throughout the day, behavioral, technical, presentation, group activity (ours was building a tower with spaghetti and marshmallows).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

The TECDP interview process is very intense, it is a two day event that consists of behavrial interview, group projects, and an interview. The final and most important part of the interview is the case study which is surrounding the foundations of the company, and problem solving. My suggestion is to try to gain a better understanding of third party payors in healthcare, and the process of billing insurance.

Interview Questions

• What was a negitive moment in your life (professionally or personally) that you turned into a positive?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Denver, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

They came to the university to hire for the TECDP program. It starts with a telephonic behavioral round, which is pretty easy. Then they call you for a 2nd round of interview which lasts for 2 days. This involves many aspects, like 1:1, presentation, skills test. I think its easy to crack if you jest be yourself. Confidence and team player is what they looking for.
    The experience was great overall/

Interview Questions

• I think the presentation is the tough part.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cigna (Hartford, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

First round on campus and second round in office. Went to various information sessions, had to apply both through the school's portal and Cigna's career portal. People from the program were very responsive and open to all questions you had in regard to the final interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cigna (Eden Prairie, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

Everything about the CIGNA TEDCEP interview was great. It started with a presentation from somebody on my campus about their company and the TECDEP program. I emailed him, set up a phone interview, and was offered to come to Eden Prairie for their round 2 interview days. The first day began with some presentations about their company, a tour of the building, and a dinner where they split us up into tables of 6. 3 Cigna employees and 3 candidates. Do not underestimate the dinner (or any part of their interview for that matter). The dinner is part of the interview, and they will be expecting you to answer some of their questions, ask them some questions, and just in general, not act like a moron.

They then put us up in a nice hotel overnight, and the following morning we had the opportunity to head back over to their campus. The day consisted of a breakfast, lunch, and 4 'interviews' One was a one-on-one interview (very traditional), one was a presentation to about 6 Cigna employees about a school/internship project you've done, one was a technical case study based on what you told them you know (mine was in Java). Finally, there is a group project, where they just want to see that you can talk comfortably in a group, and come up with something halfway decent. It's an intense day, and as I said before, don't underestimate anything. It's deliberately intense to separate the great from the really great.

Overall, they seemed like a great place to work, and the TECDEP program seemed great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you beat the odds.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time in which you had more on your plate than you could handle.   Answer Question

I felt bad about having to decline their offer, but I received an offer from a different company that more closely matched my interests, so I accepted that instead.